PDA

View Full Version : Bodega Bay Crabs and Lings 11-10/11

Jason
11-12-2012, 08:22 AM
To start off, Saturday was the crap. Get on the water, get around the head, and it was ugly. Pretty nice swells going on. Dropped some pots around Salmon Creek and started drifting for some rockfish. It was so rough, I took Dramamine and still got sick. After a couple hours of rolling and ending up with one olive and a 24" ling, we check the pots. Each pot had about 5 crabs each, but they were all nice, commercial grade. We re-drop the pots and head in. We changed plans and berthed the boat at Spud Point for the night, $20.00 wasn't bad. Cook the crabs and get ready for Sunday. Go back out Sunday, and the weather was better. Check the pots, numbers weren't great, but the size was. Re-drop and head for rockfish. We started drifting bars and pick up some nice lings. We ended the day with 5 lings, several smaller released and 21 crabs for the three of us. We were going to stay until today, but another group coming down for Sunday and Monday couldn't make it, so we called it a day and left.

SF21
11-12-2012, 09:30 AM
Wow that ling looks awesome, I have never caught one. Good job!

Pintail
11-13-2012, 04:37 PM
Just got here aranged the transient berthing thing. Then went out and threw a couple pots out. It was so nice figured I head down to Tamales head and throw light tackle. Caught these in a half hour1170111701. Don't know if that worked but two nice lings. Ate one with the neighbors. Looks like another da cliff Diver. Helicopters firetrucks, coroner van. Even chp in a big fancy boat.
Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Jimbos Grady
11-13-2012, 08:42 PM
Jason, I was surprised to see your report after recognizing you from the picture you posted. I was in the Grady White next to you at Spuds. We never made it out for rocks or lings but ended up averaging about 20 crabs per day over the three day weekend just in the outer harbor. That was enough to allow everyone in our group to eat our fill of crab and bring some home for others. Every time we passed the launch ramp at westside or doran, I was sure thankful we paid the $20 bucks per night to keep the boat in the slip making quick pulls a whole lot quicker and easier. Next time we will have to set some traps in other places for larger crabs and try for some lings.