PDA

View Full Version : googd idea to hit san pablo this sat after the rain?

LONO100
11-16-2012, 12:55 PM
hey everybody, i havent visited san pablo in a long while and was wondering if it would be a good idea to get out there this weekend after the bit of rain we've had.

i was planning on teaching my buddies step daughter how to fish for the first time, but im afraid that the mud and cold might not make it the best first time fishing experience for a kid. what do you all think?

numerik
11-16-2012, 04:45 PM
Probably not since the lake is closed until mid February...

PapaGreg
11-16-2012, 05:22 PM
Always a good idea to take a kid fishing! Not sure where you live, but you might check out Lafayette? My grandson wants to go tommorrow, but up here in the foothills we are starting to get a prety steady rainfall. I promised to take him the day after T-giving, his choice where we go.

sja
11-16-2012, 09:50 PM
Usually the Bay Area lakes don't do well during or just after rain. *Water needs a chance to clear for a few days. *It's supposed to rain throughout the weekend...... not hard but enough to cloud the water. *The lake that I fish takes close to a week to get back to the clarity needed. But hey...... can't catch them from the couch either!

CRABBY
11-17-2012, 06:06 AM
Probably not since the lake is closed until mid February...Good info numerik an Welcome to the Board.Heres the link for the lake...Don

San Pablo Recreation Area | East Bay Municipal Utility District - EBMUD (http://www.ebmud.com/recreation/san-pablo-recreation-area)

alexdesignz
11-18-2012, 12:41 AM
Usually the Bay Area lakes don't do well during or just after rain. *Water needs a chance to clear for a few days. *It's supposed to rain throughout the weekend...... not hard but enough to cloud the water. *The lake that I fish takes close to a week to get back to the clarity needed. But hey...... can't catch them from the couch either!

I always catch trout at Bon Tempe when it rains. I can never catch fish there when it is calm and sunny, only after sun sets or it rains.