PDA

View Full Version : san pablo bay mixed bag

newtothegame
08-28-2006, 06:39 PM
Hi fellow sniffers,

well got a call at 730am on sunday .. lets go fishin in spb and just relax and see if we cant find a dino or somethin ... well we went out there with ghost/grass shrimp/sardines/anchovies ... just anythin to catch a few fish lol

to make a long story short ...ended up with 5 keeper stripers from 22-26"... 1- seven gill probably 38" ... 1-leopard shark 44-46" easy ... a couple of other small sharks .... and about 4-5 small to medium bat rays ...oh and one king fish lol

Anyways ..it was a fun fishing day for the 4 of us out in SPB .. fished over by the pumphouse in about 16 feet of water during incoming tide along with about 5 other boats ...really didnt see anyone else catchin much ..but i figured someone would move closer after we swung the net about 6 times in an hour lol but no one did ... oh well more fish for us i guess either that or they were catchin all the dinos lol

a few double hookups kept the day fun ....

I will try and get some pics once i figure out how to get them off of the phone and onto this site ...

good luck all !!

~ newtothegame

keciga1
08-28-2006, 08:30 PM
Nice report. Nice to hear that the stripers are still runnin in the bay.

jerdh71
08-29-2006, 03:57 PM
dont you hate it when your so busy catching fish that you barely get enough time to drink your beer. * *;D

newtothegame
08-29-2006, 06:19 PM
LOL ... the funny thing was that most of the action was on just two of the poles lol ... the two side rods had all the action .. of course I was fishin off one of the back corners and caught just two fish ... seemed like grass/ghost combo was the ticket ... barely a nibble on the sardine filet and didn't even get to the chovies ....

action was pretty nice though ... nice change from draggin lead for non-existent salmon right now lol ...