PDA

View Full Version : HMB 8-27-06

CORN
08-27-2006, 02:09 PM
Today I took out one of my fishing buddies for some rockfish action. *He wanted to test out his Scopace, since he's gotten seasick with every other medication, including the patch. *Lucky for him, it was FAC... VERY FLAT. *

We dropped in about 90-105 feet of water in front of the Ritz. *Live bait. *Can't beat 20 bucks for bait. *Final count : *one 8lb lingcod, one 18lb halibut, 9 vermilion to 6.5lbs, 3 olives and the rest blues that kept pestering us. We had a hard time getting to the bottom because the blues kept hammering our bait during the drop.

Here's a picture of our kill:

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/637/rockfish182706js7.jpg

blue_chrush
08-27-2006, 07:25 PM
great report.......
and the pic was awsome too.......

as for the scopace pill
it is better for guys who get sick than Dramamine...
Dramamine is suppose to last only 4hrs
scopace pills will last 8hrs and has less side effects
than Dramamine.....
the other up side of scopace pill is that it can
be chewed and if a person is sick put it under the
tongue and let it dissolve that way you won't puke it up,
and it will stop the sickness too......

now the best part.....COSTCO
has the pills under the name.....MECLIZINE HCI
that is the same as scopace pills......
and a bottle of 100 cost 6.99........
that is a deal for sure...
check that one out.

jerdh71
08-27-2006, 08:25 PM
nice day nice fish nice report

keciga1
08-27-2006, 09:02 PM
Thanks for the report. Thats a nice halibut and the reds are good size too. Glad you guys had fun.

CORN
08-28-2006, 06:50 AM
Thanks guys. Yeah, we had a blast. But more importantly, my buddy had fun and caught a ton of fish.

Blue Crush. Thanks for the info. I'll forward that info. My buddy gets 30 pill for $19 through his hospital.

slick88
08-28-2006, 07:44 AM
Today I took out one of my fishing buddies for some rockfish action. *He wanted to test out his Scopace, since he's gotten seasick with every other medication, including the patch. *Lucky for him, it was FAC... VERY FLAT. *

We dropped in about 90-105 feet of water in front of the Ritz. *Live bait. *Can't beat 20 bucks for bait. *Final count : *one 8lb lingcod, one 18lb halibut, 9 vermilion to 6.5lbs, 3 olives and the rest blues that kept pestering us. We had a hard time getting to the bottom because the blues kept hammering our bait during the drop.

Here's a picture of our kill:

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/637/rockfish182706js7.jpg

I was out in HMB on Sunday too. It was, as you said, calm. Too calm with no drift.

Took me a long time to catch some keepers. I was catching alot of small ones a few miles west of the Ritz. Then saw a bunch of private boats and went over there and things got better. Got my limit of 10 but no lings.

sethonious
08-28-2006, 08:25 AM
Hey don't bash on the little ones. They have a mild flavor and fewer worms/bugs. If we always took all the big ones we'd have no breeding stock left. Save a big fish and kill some little ones sometimes.

trouter
08-28-2006, 08:42 AM
Blue Crush,

Is the MECLIZINE HCI prescription like scopace, or is it over the counter?

Thanks

lakehopper
08-28-2006, 09:24 AM
Love to see quality vermillion! Nice post and pic.

Wahoo99
08-28-2006, 11:06 AM
Blue Crush and trouter,

Scopace is Scopolamine Hydrobromide. Meclazine is another drug completely and is marketed under the name Bonine. I have used Bonine/Meclazine for years with great results but it is not the same as Scopace. I get mine at Costco and that is a real deal.

Wahoo99

slick88
08-28-2006, 11:44 AM
Hey don't bash on the little ones. *They have a mild flavor and fewer worms/bugs. *If we always took all the big ones we'd have no breeding stock left. *Save a big fish and kill some little ones sometimes.

I agree with you, but when I said "small," I meant REALLY small. These were no bigger than the size of my hand, so I released them so they can grow. I did keep some small (3/4 - 1 pounders) and medium sized ones though.

CORN
08-28-2006, 12:04 PM
Thanks everyone.

Slick, yeah, it was so calm out there that we had very little, or no drift at all. It was good if we wanted to sit on a honey hole, but bad if we wanted to cover more ground to find new spots. We saw one or two 12 foot aluminum boats out there. Totally safe for them on a day like that.

We probably fished with you and the fleet at one time. We spent most of our time fishing away from the fleet, because there were too many blues there. When we started running out of bait, we moved back to the fleet.

I marked the blues from 10 feet all the way down to 90 feet. It was insane. We had to put on 10oz balls to punch through the school. Even then, the blues kept hammering the rapidly falling bait. We just hoped that there was something left on the hook by the time it hit bottom, because that's where we caught our big fish.

mike22ca
08-28-2006, 12:04 PM
Great haul you got there Corn!

CORN
08-28-2006, 12:05 PM
And like others have said here, Scopace is different than Meclizine. Here is some good info on the different motion sickness medicines:

http://www.motionsickness.net/aboutms.html

CORN
08-28-2006, 12:08 PM
Thanks Mike, we must have posted at the same time. Hope you've been slamming the rockies at Bodega as well.

hqly2001
08-28-2006, 12:34 PM
Nice day of fishing corn.. we only got 1 red last weekend.. the china and oliver tastes mighty good as well

CORN
08-28-2006, 04:41 PM
Here is a picture showing just how FLAT is was out there. *Me thinks ginger cookies may have been sufficient. lol. * My friend caught the largest red of the day. *

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/8766/vermilion2qk4.jpg