PDA

View Full Version : ?????????????

CRABBY
11-25-2012, 03:53 PM
I have been told that everything works now by our head Administrator.So I am testing the funny faces etc..Don:worthy::stomper::stomper::lolk::lolk::fen cing::dwarf26cp::dwarf26cp::dwarf26cp:

CRABBY
11-25-2012, 03:55 PM
I have been told that everything works now by our head Administrator.So I am testing the funny faces etc..Don:worthy::stomper::stomper::lolk::lolk::fen cing::dwarf26cp::dwarf26cp::dwarf26cp:I don't see any faces on my post,will try G.chrome

CRABBY
11-25-2012, 04:00 PM
I don't see any faces on my post,will try G.chromeStill nothing,will try IE an see what happens,they are blaming the problems on our servers an I know better!!!...Don

CRABBY
11-25-2012, 04:05 PM
Still nothing,will try IE an see what happens,they are blaming the problems on our servers an I know better!!!...DonNow on IE an still no go will try again,also seems IE has been messed up..:worthy::worthy::stomper::stomper:

CRABBY
11-25-2012, 04:06 PM
Now on IE an still no go will try again,also seems IE has been messed up..:worthy::worthy::stomper::stomper:No funny faces here either,anybody else see them????Post up...Thanks......Frustrated

CRABBY
11-25-2012, 04:11 PM
No funny faces here either,anybody else see them????Post up...Thanks......FrustratedBack on Firefox an still nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..............Need comments Guys about the problems here so I can summit them,our programers think all is OK,they don't have a clue!!!

dabalone
11-25-2012, 05:08 PM
Testing ...... :stomper:

The faces show up when I preview post but when post is submitted it does not.

CRABBY
11-25-2012, 05:11 PM
Testing ...... :stomper:

The faces show up when I preview post but when post is submitted it does not.Same here........Don

CAL.NDN
11-25-2012, 05:22 PM
Nothing here boss

PapaGreg
11-25-2012, 05:28 PM
Don tried to post earlier, got a message saying try again later, server is too busy, I've gotten the same message several times the past few days.

CAL.NDN
11-25-2012, 05:36 PM
Yes me to its because there 400 lurkers usualy to 40 members im assuming but u know what assuming does. But still cant figure out for life of me why someone who is not a member can be on here or even want to for that matter

Jfitalia
11-25-2012, 05:38 PM
what the hell can we do about the fact that I cant look at the freshwater board on my phone. been like that for 2 freaking months! so much for the great new website!

CRABBY
11-25-2012, 05:44 PM
Yes me to its because there 400 lurkers usualy to 40 members im assuming but u know what assuming does. But still cant figure out for life of me why someone who is not a member can be on here or even want to for that matterLurkers shouldn't have any influence on getting on,but maybe one of our computer savvy guys can explain it to me.An if so why can't we find a server that can handle the load??Other an bigger sites have no problem,just US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hooks
11-25-2012, 06:29 PM
Not so...I log in and check the remember me box. It doesn't remember me. It says I'm still logged in but when I try to post or go to the forum it say I have to log in. So I log out and log back in and it's good to go. :stomper:

hooks
11-25-2012, 06:32 PM
Smilies don't come through. :skunk7hw:

They show up when I type my reply but not after I post it.:action-smiley-082:

hooks
11-25-2012, 06:34 PM
Here's my jeep

hooks
11-25-2012, 06:36 PM
Manage attachments works

hooks
11-25-2012, 06:38 PM
I also get a message that the server is too busy try later.:cuffedik0:

hooks
11-25-2012, 06:42 PM
A couple of vBulletin site I go to have as many as 1700 on line at one time+ lurkers and they handle it fine. They also have a ton of ads and twitter, facebook, g1. I installed an ad blocker...no more ads anywhere.

Steve079
11-25-2012, 08:32 PM
That smilie worked!

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z100/skhardwoods/guy3.jpg

TroutGhost
11-25-2012, 09:06 PM
Test test :)

Marv
11-25-2012, 09:07 PM
That smilie worked!

Made me smile........

redneckpunk
11-25-2012, 09:10 PM
:stomper::jasper::jasper::wow_2::oldangryman::hito verhead:on chrome at 2111hrs and still not working.

~RNP

TroutGhost
11-25-2012, 09:24 PM
Testing testing. :)

TroutGhost
11-25-2012, 09:36 PM
The folder locations of the smilies have changed but the code is referencing them in a different location. redneckpunk posted various smileys. The first smiley has this URL location:

http://www.fishsniffer.com/images/smilies/stomper.gif

Here is where the smiley location actually is:

http://www.fishsniffer.com/forums/images/smilies/stomper.gif

The forum software code is screwed up somewhere, possibly in one of the php templates files, but possible in a more "root" file that is referenced in the template file. The problem is that the file location is missing the part that looks like this /forums/ in the URL string.

All this time I thought the smileys weren't working because I was on a satellite connection. But it turns out it's a misconfiguration in the software.

It took me ten minutes to diagnose this issue. It'll take an additional ten to fifteen minutes to fix it. Whoever is in charge of the way this forum works deserves a swift kick in the butt for not fixing this bug before going live with the update.

A simple thank you for solving this would be fine (as well as helping you guys diagnose your hacking issue earlier this year). Aside from a moderator thanking me, I never got a thank you from the establishment about helping with the hacking thing, even when I met Cal Kellog at the Collins Lake fish derby earlier this year. :)

Ok, so I helped you yet again. Fix it already. ;)

hooks
11-25-2012, 09:44 PM
That smilie worked!

Ham it up!!

hooks
11-25-2012, 09:57 PM
Or start your own file.

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s288/hooks-pic/smilies/set1_draught2.gif

Marv
11-25-2012, 10:03 PM
Thanks TroutGhost!!!

This is a sad face from today.

CRABBY
11-26-2012, 05:12 AM
The folder locations of the smilies have changed but the code is referencing them in a different location. redneckpunk posted various smileys. The first smiley has this URL location:

The forum software code is screwed up somewhere, possibly in one of the php templates files, but possible in a more "root" file that is referenced in the template file. The problem is that the file location is missing the part that looks like this /forums/ in the URL string.

All this time I thought the smileys weren't working because I was on a satellite connection. But it turns out it's a misconfiguration in the software.

It took me ten minutes to diagnose this issue. It'll take an additional ten to fifteen minutes to fix it. Whoever is in charge of the way this forum works deserves a swift kick in the butt for not fixing this bug before going live with the update.

A simple thank you for solving this would be fine (as well as helping you guys diagnose your hacking issue earlier this year). Aside from a moderator thanking me, I never got a thank you from the establishment about helping with the hacking thing, even when I met Cal Kellog at the Collins Lake fish derby earlier this year. :)

Ok, so I helped you yet again. Fix it already. ;)Well Roger Thanks again!!!
I will forward this reply to the head admin's,owners,an the one programer I know......Don

dabalone
11-26-2012, 08:33 AM

Ok, so I helped you yet again. Fix it already. ;)

So, its just a re direct issue? Thanks!

D. Lloyd
11-26-2012, 09:10 AM
Everyone on this thread.....THANK YOU! I cannot stress enough how much it helps having people like you take your own time to try and diagnose and resolve these issues. We are trying to fix all these ASAP but we might need to make some changes on our end to keep up with the site. Another thing I would like is your opinions on us adding a FB app to allow users to post to forum straight from fb and vice versa... I know we need to get this forum running smoothly before the add-ons will do anything, but if anyone is well versed in vbulliten or know of anyone please pm me and hopefully we can get this resolved in the next week. If we need to allow more access to mods or hire someone we will, but obviously were not just going to give access to anyone and everyone.

Share your thoughts on what needs to be done.

Danny Lloyd

TroutGhost
11-26-2012, 09:27 AM
Possibly a redirect issue, possibly not. The way I understand it is a forum page is made up of various components. The top section (header) may have it's own file, as may the bottom section (footer). When viewing an individual discussion, that view may have it's own template, as does the section for viewing an entire forum section category (trout forum, fly fishing forum, etc.). That template might be called something like viewforum, something like that. Each template has parts that are called from different sections, like styles, javascripts, modules for showing pictures, files that exist elsewhere. When upgrading a forum some of the locations for these files can change, which means that the template that is calling that file needs to be updated. Somewhere in one of the templates, or else in a file called by the template, is a "call" to the smilies with the wrong address. The way I typically find these errors is to copy a portion of the wrong code and do a search for it using a program like Dreamweaver. It doesn't have to be dreamweaver, it can be any program that can search a folder for a specific piece of text or code. What I like about DW is that I can specify whether I want it to search code or text, as well as specify which folder to look in, to widen or narrow the search.

If one is familiar with vBulletin then they should know off the top of their head more or less what file needs to be edited. Myself not knowing where exactly it is, I would do a search for a string of code, trying this: /images/smilies/ or /images/smilies and see what pages pop up in the results set with that bit of code. Then simply alter it to add the correct address and you should be good to go.

The Easy Solution
OF course, another way to do is to replicate your smilies folder and simply create one at the location the software is looking for it at, /images/smilies/. That's really the simplest way to do it, create the folder the file is looking for and upload the smilies to that folder.

Make sense?

dabalone
11-26-2012, 09:31 AM
Everyone on this thread.....THANK YOU! I cannot stress enough how much it helps having people like you take your own time to try and diagnose and resolve these issues. We are trying to fix all these ASAP but we might need to make some changes on our end to keep up with the site. Another thing I would like is your opinions on us adding a FB app to allow users to post to forum straight from fb and vice versa... I know we need to get this forum running smoothly before the add-ons will do anything, but if anyone is well versed in vbulliten or know of anyone please pm me and hopefully we can get this resolved in the next week. If we need to allow more access to mods or hire someone we will, but obviously were not just going to give access to anyone and everyone.

Share your thoughts on what needs to be done.

Danny Lloyd

Recent update or upgrade? Don't know what all the issues are but the Vbulletin website does have a fairly extensive support section where others may be asking the same questions. Also, you could allow their tech support access and see what they can find. Sounds like its configuration probs or bugs from a beta update.

redneckpunk
11-26-2012, 11:41 AM
http://www.fishsniffer.com/forums/images/smilies/hitoverhead.gif?????????

anbu_yoshi
11-26-2012, 12:10 PM
IE and Firefox aren't working for the new ones. Haven't tried Chrome yet. For you old guys, that's Google's browser, not Salmon.

I can see the last one posted by RNP unless that's an image vs an emoticon.

CRABBY
11-26-2012, 12:49 PM
Recent update or upgrade? Don't know what all the issues are but the Vbulletin website does have a fairly extensive support section where others may be asking the same questions. Also, you could allow their tech support access and see what they can find. Sounds like its configuration probs or bugs from a beta update.I talked to Duane a little while ago an he was under the impression from his board testers that all was well,I showed him the problems we are having.He contacted the programer about some of our issues,so we'll see.I also had him look at the threads I started an your replies an to pay attn.to
TroutGhost's helpful info.We have used v bulletin people in the past along with others.
What we need is someone who is really well versed in v bulletin an programing,unfortunately none of our moderators can fill this slot as we don't have the skills needed,even if we combined all our knowledge.So if you know of someone let em know we have a open spot!!So we wait again for fix's to take place.As for more upgrades,let's make this place work right an that includes the home page before even looking that far ahead.....Don:confused:

D. Lloyd
11-26-2012, 01:05 PM
I talked to Duane a little while ago an he was under the impression from his board testers that all was well,I showed him the problems we are having.He contacted the programer about some of our issues,so we'll see.I also had him look at the threads I started an your replies an to pay attn.to
TroutGhost's helpful info.We have used v bulletin people in the past along with others.
What we need is someone who is really well versed in v bulletin an programing,unfortunately none of our moderators can fill this slot as we don't have the skills needed,even if we combined all our knowledge.So if you know of someone let em know we have a open spot!!So we wait again for fix's to take place.As for more upgrades,let's make this place work right an that includes the home page before even looking that far ahead.....Don:confused:

I agree Don, we are not planning on making any changes before this runs perfect. Trout Ghost has got me in touch with someone who can hopefully answer a lot of questions and fix. I will keep everyone posted on how this is coming along and Im hoping within two weeks all issues resolved.

Danny

CAL.NDN
11-26-2012, 04:56 PM
Ok can anyone explain what a security token missing means thats what i get when i try loading pics on my album's or avatar or profile. And then it will say contract administrator so i try that and it wont let me said not authorized. Its usless on my behalf.

CRABBY
11-26-2012, 05:22 PM
Ok can anyone explain what a security token missing means thats what i get when i try loading pics on my album's or avatar or profile. And then it will say contract administrator so i try that and it wont let me said not authorized. Its usless on my behalf.There Chris I gave ya a turkey avatar,it works,if ya don't like it I can put something else up,a Kitty maybe or just leave it blank???...LOL....Don

CAL.NDN
11-26-2012, 05:33 PM
Lmao!!!!! Thanks don. But it dont work for me a dam security token missing. WTH is security token. A Turkey huh. Can i atleast get a bear fish or indian C'mon man please please please. Since cant put a pick of any fish i caught on there. Lol.

CRABBY
11-26-2012, 05:38 PM
Lmao!!!!! Thanks don. But it dont work for me a dam security token missing. WTH is security token. A Turkey huh. Can i atleast get a bear fish or indian C'mon man please please please. Since cant put a pick of any fish i caught on there. Lol.Ok will look for something,LOL...Don

49erbassman
11-26-2012, 05:49 PM
Hey I added an avatar photo finally!! Through tapatalk though. Best and only phone app I have ever paid for

Sent from my iPhone

CRABBY
11-26-2012, 05:53 PM
Lmao!!!!! Thanks don. But it dont work for me a dam security token missing. WTH is security token. A Turkey huh. Can i atleast get a bear fish or indian C'mon man please please please. Since cant put a pick of any fish i caught on there. Lol.Ok heres a fish,sure ya don't want a kitty.LOL....Don

CAL.NDN
11-26-2012, 06:10 PM
I said a fish not a planter you caught lol!!!!!!!!!!

49erbassman
11-26-2012, 06:11 PM
I said a fish not a planter you caught lol!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO hahaha

Sent from my iPhone

CAL.NDN
11-26-2012, 06:15 PM
Hey old pm me your email and i will seen you a pic for avatar and profile. :) lol

CRABBY
11-26-2012, 06:18 PM
Hey old pm me your email and i will seen you a pic for avatar and profile. :) lolDon't ya like my kitties???LOL...OK ck your pm's in a min....

CAL.NDN
11-26-2012, 06:47 PM
Love the kittys but my two twin morkies dogs mite not. But the cats mite win if they didn't. Lol.

CAL.NDN
11-27-2012, 05:56 PM
Thanks don :)

CRABBY
11-27-2012, 06:35 PM
Thanks don :)Your Welcome Bro.Really enjoyed the pics of you an family....Retired

PapaGreg
11-27-2012, 06:41 PM
What's up with the "server to busy" crap? I'm just about ready to stop even trying to pst.

CRABBY
11-27-2012, 06:51 PM
What's up with the "server to busy" crap? I'm just about ready to stop even trying to pst.Our programers are working on the site somewhere an I'm told it clogs up the server....

CAL.NDN
11-27-2012, 07:12 PM
Your Welcome Bro.Really enjoyed the pics of you an family....Retired

Thank.u. im a blessed man. Creator has been good to me.