PDA

View Full Version : Hottest place for rocks and lingcods

bretmoua
08-21-2006, 02:02 PM
I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the hottest place is for rock cods and ling cods at the moment. I'm thinking about getting onto a charter boat for some fish action.

CORN
08-21-2006, 03:46 PM
IMO, if you jump on a charter boat targeting rockfish, you'll get limits. For the shortest ride, I'd pick one of the boats out of Half Moon Bay or Bodega.

jfish986
08-21-2006, 09:08 PM
The islands are HOT right now.
Take a boat out of Emeryville or Berkley.
They usually stop and pick up sand dabs on the way out
so you can fish live bait for big lings.

I would recommend the New Huck Finn out of Emeryville.

Have fun and post a report!

triggerfish
08-21-2006, 09:30 PM
rockfish are chewing the paint off the bottom of the boats everywhere! If you want Quality Shelter Cove is king. Ft.Bragg/Bodega is 2nd.I.M.O.

FatCat
08-21-2006, 11:54 PM
I just booked a couple spots for me and my bro on the Rumblefish out of Fort Bragg for Sunday, Sept. 3. I requested the afternoon run but so far it is only us two. They said they need 6 to go out. Otherwise we will have to wake up way too early for the amount of beer we plan on drinking the night before. ;)

http://www.fortbraggfishing.com/

gmdcdvm
08-22-2006, 12:31 AM
The Huck Finn is my favorite, but is usually chartered on weekends . You need to drive down from Fort Bragg to Bodega if you want to make sure you go out. Have fun and hope you make it out.
G

AllFishNoWork
08-22-2006, 07:04 AM
I would believe the rockfish bite to be on all up and down the coast. Ft Bragg is a longer car drive, but to get from the harbor to the fishing grounds is a short ride. Last week we were fishing in 30 minutes or so from the harbor.
http://www.fishsniffer.com/cgi-bin/forumsyabb/YaBB.pl?num=1156035986

I just booked a couple spots for me and my bro on the Rumblefish out of Fort Bragg for Sunday, Sept. 3. I requested the afternoon run but so far it is only us two.

They will cancel on you. Last week I went in their shop to reserve a spot on the morning boat for the next day which they had posted on the sign in the window. The first thing they asked was how many people, I told them 2. They replied the sea was going to be to rough to go out in the morning. I had checked the buoy report that morning and the previous 5 days in a row and felt they had insulted my intelligence. We went down the street and went on the SeaHawk with 15 other people and the ocean was just fine for fishing. The Telstar also went out.

I will stick with the SeaHawk out of Ft Bragg, not as nice or fast a boat but much more fisherman friendly.
http://www.allaboardadventures.com/index2.html

ric1ric
08-23-2006, 07:48 AM
If your going to Ft. Bragg I recommend Capt. Tim and the Sea Hawk. Been out on it several times now always got limits of fish and Dungoness. Capt Tim seldom comes out of the cabin, but allways has pleasant and enjoyable deck hands. Just my two cents. He even made the run out with only six on board. Don't know his max but it was never crowded when I've gone. A nice big heavy boat and a smooth ride.

Redwine
08-23-2006, 10:21 AM
You can't go wrong with Captn Randy on the Telstar out of Noyo Harbor (Ft. Bragg).

He puts you on the fish!!!!

AllFishNoWork
08-23-2006, 11:12 AM
Capt Tim ran us out once last year with just 5 on board I think. Holly and I had the entire back of the boat to ourselves.