PDA

View Full Version : USFWS success story

Captain Compassion
12-19-2012, 04:23 PM
Pilot Peak planting at Pyramid a USFWS success story.

NorCal Fishing News: Pilot Peak planting at Pyramid a USFWS success story (http://www.norcalfishingnews.com/stories/pilot_peak_planting_at_pyramid_a_usfws_success_sto ry?id=788)

You can't believe the fish comming out of Pyramid shore as of late. :o

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Pyramid-Lake-Fisheries/161889193870935

CC

Jetspray
12-20-2012, 01:56 AM
Couple of those fellas look familiar to me Richard, thanks for posting have fun in the rain Friday 12/21/12:cold1:........Dave Peterson (Jetspray)

salmonid
12-20-2012, 09:22 AM
Pretty cool! They grow a half inch per month!? That's crazy fast.

Thanks,

dr.fish
12-20-2012, 09:57 AM
Yep, Pyramid is really coming back like I remember from the early days (late 60's to early 70's).

hooks
12-20-2012, 01:58 PM
I can hardly wait to get out there!! I read your post earlier and decided to give it a try today. Went with my boat and also brought my ladder. Got to Pelican and waves were coming in over the top of the ramp docks and it was too windy to fish off my ladder. Not one rig in the parking lot.

Another day, soon I hope.

dr.fish
12-20-2012, 02:36 PM
I can hardly wait to get out there!! I read your post earlier and decided to give it a try today. Went with my boat and also brought my ladder. Got to Pelican and waves were coming in over the top of the ramp docks and it was too windy to fish off my ladder. Not one rig in the parking lot.

Another day, soon I hope.

Hooks - if the wind is coming from south/southwest, I try to go to the south end of the lake as the waves tend to be more manageable. You can launch at Popcorn if you have a smaller boat. You can also fish off of the shore from Cattleguard to Blockhouse as it has a good drop off. Fish close to the bottom.

Good luck to you!

Captain Compassion
12-20-2012, 05:38 PM
Hooks - if the wind is coming from south/southwest, I try to go to the south end of the lake as the waves tend to be more manageable. You can launch at Popcorn if you have a smaller boat. You can also fish off of the shore from Cattleguard to Blockhouse as it has a good drop off. Fish close to the bottom.

Good luck to you!

Dr. Fish +1

The bigger fish are towards the south end of the lake anyway. Maybe next week. Holiday stuff and weather have me closer to home.

CC