PDA

View Full Version : Los Vasqueros

pantherfb
12-29-2012, 10:21 AM
Thinking of going to Los Vasqueros renting a boat for a little Trout fishing. Any suggestions or waste of time.
This would be my first time so any tips are appreciated.

RideNfish
12-29-2012, 10:52 AM
Trout fishing is pretty good. I was there with a group Thur though we were targeting striper we switched to trout for a bit and caught them we saw several other boats do well on trout as well since they were focused on them. We got them on just a dodger flasher and worm about 18" back slow trolled. Most hits came not to far from shore. Some real small ones but also some decent size. Also a grub behind the flasher was working. Saw some bankers land a couple but didn't know how well they did for the day. The marina will tell you what they know.

Oh, be sure to have the boat back by 3:30pm. The came and chased us down. LOL There gate opens at 07:00 this time of year. Let me know how you do.

pantherfb
12-29-2012, 02:07 PM
Thanks for the Tip!
How is the Bank fishing?

ncreys
12-29-2012, 06:24 PM
Fished there last Saturday and Sunday in the rain and probably caught a total of 26 fish for the two days; I fished the south cove about 5 hours each day. All the fish were 1/2 pound to 1 1/2 pounds; nothing big but lots of action. Used power combos( power eggs and a power work) just mismatching. Plods with garlic dip. I also caught a few on last asters...frog pattern and the metallic perch pattern . Might be out there tomorrow or del Valle. Good luck out there.

ncreys
12-29-2012, 06:30 PM
Sorry for the misspellings I should have checked. Typed on an iPhone. I meant power combos with mismatched colors and kastmasters.

jmdc
12-29-2012, 06:36 PM
Son and I went out on a boat Friday for 5 hours trolled for 5 hours with 2 fish around a pound.

pantherfb
01-01-2013, 07:06 PM
Had a decent day. 2 fish about 2 lb each. Several bites. All off Powerbait. No luck trolling. I'll be back!