PDA

View Full Version : Good first trip

lineside
01-05-2013, 06:03 PM
Got on the water about 9:ooam. First fish came while I was still letting out Nice 2lb bow.The next two fish come the same way.I finally get both rods out and pour a cup of coffee when both rods go off,both fish in the boat and head for the ramp.So my first trip of the year lasted all of 25min.I hope this is a sign of thing to come.Bass lake dam is finished and the fishing is good.

deep_six
01-06-2013, 12:43 PM
lineside

Good to hear you had a Good First Trip on the lake even though it was over so fast !!!

We went on Friday for our first trip, got six bows in the box and lost two at the boat. It took us a bit longer to get our fish though (4 hrs). Saw one of the eagles fly by, Wow what a bird, wish I had thought to try and get a picture....

Lets hope the rest of 2013 is good.

deep_six

lineside
01-07-2013, 11:28 PM
Deep_six, Nice fish.I hope the dam project is done and the fishing will get back to normal.It would be nice to see the lake full again.Maybe I`ll see you on the water.

deep_six
01-08-2013, 08:19 AM
lineside

Yes, I think the Dam Retrofit project is just about complete. Bass Lake is our closest place to fish and we have spent many fun times there. Hope the lake recovers this year, we also fish for Kokanee and the last 2 years took a huge toll on that fishery.

Another thing about Bass Lake is the floating dock seems to be pulled up high and dry too often making it a little tough on this old guy. Wish they would keep it in the water when the ramp is usable.

See you sometime, we have a Hewescraft named "Silver Queen"

deep_six