PDA

View Full Version : Amador 1/05/2013

ibanezax
01-05-2013, 07:45 PM
Tough day at Amador, started at 715 and fished till 230, one bite. That's it! I saw others with fish , but not as much fish as I saw those trying to catch them. it's been a long time since I was on Lake Amador, I'll be back! Week day!

Steve079
01-06-2013, 01:01 AM
Wow, something about his report seems vaguely familiar....
it's like Deja vu, all over again.

B-RAN
01-06-2013, 11:47 AM
In the past 2 weeks I went 2 times and was C&R all day both days.. I probably ended up catching at least 12 a day.. I dont know what everyone is doing wrong.. Wait I do, everyones baitfishing!! Throw some lures! Be different from everyone on the whole lake and you will see results :)

BigBossBear
01-06-2013, 01:53 PM
Some questions for you folks that have already done the trip..
How is the water clarity?
What days do they stock?
What time does the sun start to peak?
Are the fish hugging the shoreline like usual when fishing the dam?

ibanezax
01-07-2013, 11:15 AM
Some questions for you folks that have already done the trip..
How is the water clarity?Nice
What days do they stock? Don't Know
What time does the sun start to peak? Midday
Are the fish hugging the shoreline like usual when fishing the dam? I couldn't get close enough to the dam too many bankers!

Hope that helps you out!

ibanezax
01-07-2013, 11:16 AM
In the past 2 weeks I went 2 times and was C&R all day both days.. I probably ended up catching at least 12 a day.. I dont know what everyone is doing wrong.. Wait I do, everyones baitfishing!! Throw some lures! Be different from everyone on the whole lake and you will see results :)

Thanks for the info. I tried bait and lures and flies! Just have to try it again!

Skeeter Pilot
01-07-2013, 05:24 PM
I was out there on Sat. as well. On the water around 10:00 off at 4:00. You may have seen me in the white and purple Skeeter. We landed three and lost a few more. It was slow for us. We had the majority of our bites casting small Kastmasters near the shore. Also caught one on a white grub and one on greem powerbait when we stopped for lunch. I also threw a Huddleston for a while and had 1 really good hit but didn't hook up. Have any of you ever thrown big swimbaits for bass there in the winter?

B-RAN
01-07-2013, 10:19 PM
Went out today with my buddie and managed a few each from the shore.. Another fun day on the lake!

bass_newb
01-07-2013, 10:31 PM
I was out there on Sat. as well. On the water around 10:00 off at 4:00. You may have seen me in the white and purple Skeeter. We landed three and lost a few more. It was slow for us. We had the majority of our bites casting small Kastmasters near the shore. Also caught one on a white grub and one on greem powerbait when we stopped for lunch. I also threw a Huddleston for a while and had 1 really good hit but didn't hook up. Have any of you ever thrown big swimbaits for bass there in the winter?

I had the same thing happen to me last winter. i was fishing a weedless Huddleston around the dam area and had a good thump but no hookup (probably because of the no exposed hook on the weedless version). but I was from shore and stuck to one spot because of bait fishing for trout. since your on a boat and can cover more water, I am pretty sure if you keep throwing it you'll be rewarded with a nice bass. I've seen some lunkers at amador during the spawn and summer time.