PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid Fest - Spring 2013 - April 12th-14th

Captain Compassion
01-08-2013, 05:38 PM
When: April 12th 13th & 14th

Where: The beach at Pelican Point, Pyramid Lake, NV

Who: Those interested in Pyramid and a good time.

Potluck Dinner: Saturday night 6 pm

Bombfires: Friday & Saturday Nights

I believe that it is time to start thinking about the Spring Pyramid Fest, as it it only 14 short weeks before it happens!! So get your vacation time put in and your get your taxes done, so that you can attend.

If you have never been to Pyramid Lake, but have been wanting to go, this is great time to come out to the lake. Not only will you be able to put a face to the names of others you have been reading about, but they can overwelm you with their knowledge of Pyramid Lake.

For those of you who have never been to a Pyramid Fest, we hold it on the beach at Pelican Point. The sand to strong enough to all RV's, from Mongo's cave to V_VBob;s class A and everything in between. The boat ramp is right next to the beach. Get there early to get your favorite place.

You can fish from the shore, right at the beach or from a boat. If you do not have a boat, but would like to fish from one, let us know and we will try to put you with someone who has an empty seat. (Might have to put the empty seat list on the Hitchiker board).

The fees have not changed. They are:

fishing - $9/day.....3 day permit is $24
boating - $9/day
camping - $9/day....3Day permit is $24

CC for BigB

Jetspray
01-08-2013, 06:49 PM
CC for BigB

Brian is gonna love ya Richard. I hope to be there and catch some of the finest. It also will be close to the Ken Hembree Classic (he was a past member and has passed away). We will all enjoy a great time and hope you all will attend. It gets crazy at times, but you have the chance of joining the classic and winning something or getting your picture on the Crosby Lodge wall......Jetspray

Jetspray
01-12-2013, 12:37 PM
From the list of guests forming presently you should not miss the chance to catch the monsters that are around for this years fest. Two years ago in October there were tons of fingerlings in the Warrior Point area (never saw so many under the boat), those things are close to 10 lb'ers now and some out there are in the 20 lb + range. We all are gonna have a great time........Jetspray

Jetspray
01-14-2013, 12:01 AM
I got some of the newer lures at the ISE show for Pyramid, need to grind off the barbs and they will be ready:laugh::old:.........Jetspray

insearchoffish
01-14-2013, 07:26 PM
I got some of the newer lures at the ISE show for Pyramid, need to grind off the barbs and they will be ready:laugh::old:.........Jetspray

I wanna see what you got! Come on what did I miss out on :)

Jetspray
01-15-2013, 08:33 AM
I wanna see what you got! Come on what did I miss out on :)

Ken gave me some of his better stuff to use, they are all ready now........Jetspray

http://www.kenscustomtackle.com/

insearchoffish
01-15-2013, 09:04 AM
Ken gave me some of his better stuff to use, they are all ready now........Jetspray

Ken's Custom Tackle Co. (http://www.kenscustomtackle.com/)

Thanks jetspray! Hes got some nice looking gear, yet another place for me to spend $.

Jetspray
01-21-2013, 08:08 AM
Thanks jetspray! Hes got some nice looking gear, yet another place for me to spend $.

Ken told me he and his son will be a the April Fest. He is not allowed to sell anything there, but sometimes he lets loose of some of his stuff to potential buyers (not a given). I hope you all will be able to be there with us and enjoy the fishing as well as the "bombfire"...........Jetspray

Jetspray
02-04-2013, 08:52 AM
Things are forming up quickly there is a tournament this weekend the 9th & 10th with prizes. The lake is producing some monster fish:shrk0hr::moneybag1:........Jetspray

Main (http://crosbylodge.net/)

http://www.plpt.nsn.us/

P.S. "Main" is the Crosby Lodge link.

Jetspray
02-05-2013, 08:16 PM
Cold front coming in thrusday and friday for sure, weekend is looking good for the tournament for those who are going to be in it.........Jetspray

Jetspray
02-08-2013, 06:32 AM
Seems the storm is on the weak side here, hope everyone has a great time out there tomorrow and sunday:www_MyEmoticons_com:slap:........Jetspray

Jetspray
02-10-2013, 06:54 AM
Weather is great today, little wind clear skies..........Jetspray

National Weather Service - Reno, NV (http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/total_forecast/getprod.php?wfo=rev&sid=rev&pil=rec)

NOAA National Weather Service (http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=39.9571224404468&lon=-119.59854125976562&site=rev&smap=1&unit=0&lg=en&FcstType=text)

PS Sutcliff NV

Jetspray
02-12-2013, 07:57 PM
Heard today that the closest fish so far, at the President's Day Derby, is 17 + lbs. Go get'em guys/gals..........Jetspray

Jetspray
02-14-2013, 01:59 PM
The lake is ice free, but a little windy at times. Better than looking over the hill at frozen popscicle lakes or Lake Tahoe with it's high costs to boat........Jetspray

Jetspray
02-16-2013, 06:57 AM
The 17 lb'er is holding out on the limit so far, hope someone beats that. The derby is still on and next one is in March Ken Hembree Derby.........Jetspray

okie
02-17-2013, 05:40 PM
come on sniffers, let us know if you are plannin on coming for
the fest april 12-14.
be safe

Bainter1212
02-17-2013, 06:11 PM
I would love to come out, gotta get some scheduling stuff figured out. Hope to be there!

Jetspray
02-18-2013, 05:50 AM
I would love to come out, gotta get some scheduling stuff figured out. Hope to be there!

If you do come drop by the pop-up camper and "we'll talk":D.........Jetspray

Jetspray
02-19-2013, 11:52 AM
Check out the winners of the President's Day Tournament, next one will be the Ken Hembree Tournament March 15th, 16th......Jetspray

Main (http://crosbylodge.net/) Crosby Lodge

jmdc
02-19-2013, 04:59 PM
come on sniffers, let us know if you are plannin on coming for
the fest april 12-14.
be safe

Sure am going to try, I have never been to this place but sounds very nice. I want to take the family.

-Justin

Jetspray
02-19-2013, 05:45 PM
Sure am going to try, I have never been to this place but sounds very nice. I want to take the family.

-Justin

You can rent cabins & trailers at Crosby's if you wish. Most of us stay on Pelican beach north of Sutcliff. Remember that it is tribal land/lake and you have to get their lic's and pay fees for boating and camping. All of that can be done at Crosby's in Sutcliff or at the marina ranger station. Follow the rules about slot fish sizes and you should be OK. Everyone is welcome......Jetspray

Jetspray
02-26-2013, 01:24 PM
The time is getting closer and we need to have more boaters show up. I will probably have a full boat most of the days I am there but you should show up and enjoy someone else's company for those great looking Cutthroats on board........Jetspray

Jetspray
02-28-2013, 06:18 AM
I just heard another commercial for the Ken Hembree Classic on 780 KKOH, sounds like they have some great prizes available this time.......Jetspray

Jetspray
03-03-2013, 08:15 AM
Went to Cabela's yesterday to get a few things with the sale and meet up with Mark Weeza and Brad Stout also Tahoe Topliners group. Great gathering of fellow fishermen. Hope to see some of them at the fest along with Okie (he was busy yesterda and could not attend):trout:.......Jetspray

okie
03-03-2013, 07:59 PM
planning on being there, for the potluck meatballs and/or shrimp
c u all there, i hope
be safe

Troutman9310
03-03-2013, 11:52 PM
I'm planning on going this year. I've never been to pyramid and figure why not pop the pyramid cherry and meet some new friends! I've got some tackle questions for both trolling and shore fishing. Also, is it un heard of to troll a 14ft aluminum with 15hp on this lake. I've heard the horror stories with the wind but I figure if I stay close to shore I should be okay. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks and hope to meet everyone and rip some lips!

Jetspray
03-04-2013, 06:58 AM
I'm planning on going this year. I've never been to pyramid and figure why not pop the pyramid cherry and meet some new friends! I've got some tackle questions for both trolling and shore fishing. Also, is it un heard of to troll a 14ft aluminum with 15hp on this lake. I've heard the horror stories with the wind but I figure if I stay close to shore I should be okay. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks and hope to meet everyone and rip some lips!

The lake winds and chop is what the "fear factor" is all about. Keep an eye on the chop and winds dust up on either the north or south end of the lake. It is comperable to Tahoe in size but not depth. Most of us, myself included, carry extra stuff to fish with, if you drop by the campsite on Pelican just have to shake a hand and say hi. Crosby's Lodge in Suttcliff has alot of gear that is used on the lake and you can get your permits for camping, fishing, & boating and you will need them they do not recognize calif/nevada fishing lic's. Slot limits for size and amount of fish you can have are available there too. BTW no guns allowed or fireworks, just pay attention to the rules and you should be good to go. PM me if you want more info.......Jetspray

Jetspray
03-04-2013, 06:47 PM
Check out CC's post of his fish today "There was a sign".....very cool Pyramid stuff......Just 6 weeks to go for the fest.........Jetspray

http://www.fishsniffer.com/forums/trout-board/103147-there-sign-pictures.html

Troutman9310
03-09-2013, 09:12 AM
Thanks for the info jetspray. I'm excited to meet everyone. I'm trying to get a motor home set up so I can camp on the beach with a few friends. Bringing waders in case it's too windy for the boat.

Captain Compassion
03-09-2013, 03:31 PM
Thanks for the info jetspray. I'm excited to meet everyone. I'm trying to get a motor home set up so I can camp on the beach with a few friends. Bringing waders in case it's too windy for the boat.

Smart man. Be flexable. If you can't launch then still fish. Pelican can be quite good from the shore. You won't catch as many as if you are in a boat but they will average bigger.

CC

OYD
03-09-2013, 03:47 PM
Went to Cabela's yesterday to get a few things with the sale and meet up with Mark Weeza and Brad Stout also Tahoe Topliners group. Great gathering of fellow fishermen. Hope to see some of them at the fest along with Okie (he was busy yesterda and could not attend):trout:.......Jetspray

We missed each other-what time were you there? I was there talking with Mike, Brad and Mark for much of the time between 10:30 and 1:30.

Jetspray
03-13-2013, 03:33 AM
We missed each other-what time were you there? I was there talking with Mike, Brad and Mark for much of the time between 10:30 and 1:30.

We were there when it opened that day and left to go to Scheel's and then Sportsman's Warehouse. I think we left at 10:00 because Bill was a no show.......Jetspray

Jetspray
03-13-2013, 03:34 AM
It is only 4 weeks away and this weekend is the Ken Hembree Classic. Hope everyone does well out there.......Jetspray

Jetspray
03-16-2013, 05:10 AM
I've heard rumors of 22 to 25 fish a day near Warrior. I would imagine shore fishermen near Popcorn will be the winning ticket. Long distance between the two points but it lets you know the fish are spread along the west shore. Still love to fish the kitchen though:mat:........Jetspray

Jetspray
03-17-2013, 06:17 PM
Wonder how the "Hook, Line & Sinker Ken Hembree Classic" came out.......Jetspray

Crosby Lodge site
Main (http://crosbylodge.net/)

Jetspray
03-18-2013, 04:45 PM
12# 4+ oz nice one:clap::clap::winkfs::clap:......Jetspray

Whacked
03-20-2013, 10:56 AM
Would love to go. Always wanted to try Pyramid fishing, just never had a chance.
Unfortunately won't be able to make it. Its looking like June or maybe mid-May before I can head that way and I hear thats the off time for that lake. Maybe in Oct or Nov I can make the trip.

Jetspray
03-20-2013, 12:50 PM
Would love to go. Always wanted to try Pyramid fishing, just never had a chance.
Unfortunately won't be able to make it. Its looking like June or maybe mid-May before I can head that way and I hear thats the off time for that lake. Maybe in Oct or Nov I can make the trip.

June 30th is cutoff point for fishing Lahontan Cutthroat, then you can fish for Sacramento Perch only. Opening day again is in Oct (1st). You probably would enjoy coming just to see things happen.......Jetspray

Jetspray
03-25-2013, 04:26 AM
3 weeks and counting:happy::lotsocoffee2ek::bump:........Jetsp ray

Jetspray
04-02-2013, 05:34 AM
Next week is the fest, I am gonna try to get there on the 9th:fishing5xd::party-smiley-0201::signfishon34hi6zv:.........Jetspray

OYD
04-02-2013, 07:09 AM
Weather supposed to be real iffy through the middle of next week with winds 15-20 mph. I hope the weather clears up for you guys doing the fest and those guys doing the derby. I have been hoping for some decent wind conditions on a friday so a friend from Sacto can come up and fish with me in my little boat.

Jetspray
04-02-2013, 09:59 AM
Weather supposed to be real iffy through the middle of next week with winds 15-20 mph. I hope the weather clears up for you guys doing the fest and those guys doing the derby. I have been hoping for some decent wind conditions on a friday so a friend from Sacto can come up and fish with me in my little boat.

When the winds are bad I just fish around Pelican to the south, otherwise just sit close to the camper and enjoy the view (with an adult beverage)........Jetspray

Bainter1212
04-03-2013, 04:00 PM
Ok Rich, I am definitely going, my wife is on the fence. I have a few questions......how is the bathroom situation there?? My wife is 3 months pregnant and has to use the restroom more often than normal. She is a champion tent camper, but if the wind is bad she might be miserable. She is also afraid that she will be the only female there. She is down to fish but she can't do hardcore fishing for hours like me, so boredom might be an issue. Anyhoo.......I will see you all there either way.

Look for an orange Honda Element.

insearchoffish
04-04-2013, 08:52 AM
They have real nice bathrooms Bainter nearby all major points BLOckhouse pelican warrior etc.

Have fun all that are going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Catch some monsters :)

Remember keep my leadcore setup out of the drink Bainter & dont show anyone that secret lure I gave you. j/k lol

Jetspray
04-04-2013, 09:15 AM
Ok Rich, I am definitely going, my wife is on the fence. I have a few questions......how is the bathroom situation there?? My wife is 3 months pregnant and has to use the restroom more often than normal. She is a champion tent camper, but if the wind is bad she might be miserable. She is also afraid that she will be the only female there. She is down to fish but she can't do hardcore fishing for hours like me, so boredom might be an issue. Anyhoo.......I will see you all there either way.

Look for an orange Honda Element.

She will not be the only female there friday through sunday. Bathrooms on Pelican are pit toilets that are kept up by the tribe and not bad. I always carry extra TP though and you are welcome to use it if you run out. Bring your own water supply as well. Windy condtions can come up from time to time, but most of the tenters buddy up around the RV's. We will have a Bombfire friday through sunday so if you can bring wood it is a blessing to make it bigger. I usually carry some if I have room in the boat.......Jetspray

Jetspray
04-04-2013, 09:21 AM
They have real nice bathrooms Bainter nearby all major points BLOckhouse pelican warrior etc.

Have fun all that are going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Catch some monsters :)

Remember keep my leadcore setup out of the drink Bainter & dont show anyone that secret lure I gave you. j/k lol

I have boxes full of "secret lures". The weather has been warm lately there is a storm coming in for the weekend this week, but have not looked for next week. There are a series of low pressure lines coming this way in the Pacific so make sure you have a rain parka just in case. I don't think it will snow:hypnodisk::Bear_fishes::fish_jumps:.........J etspray

CRABBY
04-04-2013, 11:55 AM
12th an 13th some wind,clouds,an cool,14th rain,snow mix,wind...Not to bad at this point!!!!:D..Keep in mind things could change for the better or worse,ya never know about the weather there!!!

Jetspray
04-04-2013, 02:26 PM
12th an 13th some wind,clouds,an cool,14th rain,snow mix,wind...Not to bad at this point!!!!:D..Keep in mind things could change for the better or worse,ya never know about the weather there!!!

I never complain Don I just go and deal with the concequences. Worst time out there I had the best time just sittin' around the bombfire and shooting the breeze (winds were blowin' about 50 mph). No one went out fishing but the bombfire was supplied with a cord of wood:frakenstien::party-smiley-0201:........Jetspray

Jetspray
04-04-2013, 03:40 PM
Here's a re-post of some weather sites for the lake......Jetspray

NOAA National Weather Service (http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=39.9571224404468&lon=-119.59854125976562&site=rev&smap=1&unit=0&lg=en&FcstType=text)

Remote Data (http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/rev/remotedata/anaho.php)

Jetspray
04-05-2013, 11:21 AM
Maybe a warming trend? I hope it is good weather, I can't wait. Getting stuff ready this weekend may be iffy though:help::grin::grin::grin:.......Jetspray

CRABBY
04-05-2013, 11:41 AM
Maybe a warming trend? I hope it is good weather, I can't wait. Getting stuff ready this weekend may be iffy though:help::grin::grin::grin:.......JetsprayLOL,t ake your SNOW GEAR!!:grin::grin::grin:

OYD
04-05-2013, 11:55 AM
One weather guesser site has the weekend as: Friday the 12th-68 degrees with 13 mph wind and 10% chance rain; Saturday the 13th-66 degrees, 16 mph winds and 10% chance rain; Sunday the 14th-61 degrees with 18 mph winds. No nightly temperature below freezing for those days.

Jetspray
04-05-2013, 01:29 PM
I don't think freezing is the answer this time of year we head up in temps. I think it is only the wind worries that we have. Rain is no problem.......Jetspray

Jetspray
04-06-2013, 04:01 PM
Weather is still holding up pretty good here......bump:dankk2::signfishon34hi6zv::bump:... ...Jetspray

Jetspray
04-08-2013, 05:53 AM
Looks like a snow delay for me for a day. Woke up this morning with about 1/2 inch of snow on everything and the wind a blowin'. Supposed to be in the 70's for the rest of the week. Looks like I will be heading up there on Wed instead of tuesday........Jetspray

Bainter1212
04-08-2013, 10:33 AM
I will get there on Saturday, rain or shine. No wife, it might get miserable out there and she is a bit "delicate" right now.

Jetspray
04-08-2013, 10:45 AM
I will get there on Saturday, rain or shine. No wife, it might get miserable out there and she is a bit "delicate" right now.

Pretty good phone service around Pelican. The weather guessers are sayin' good to go for the weekend:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::che erleader::cheerleader:........Jetspray

Jetspray
04-09-2013, 06:44 PM
Leaving oh dark thirty tomorrow morning (wed 10th) hope to see some of you there:fish_jumps::fishing5xd::a-fish::Bear_fishes:.......Jetspray

Bainter1212
04-13-2013, 01:09 PM
It's a beautiful day here at Pyramid. The sun is shining bright, but just now a pretty vicious wind has pickd up, driving most boats off of the water.
Does anybody know what Captain Compassion's or Jetspray's rigs look like? Hoping to meet up with some Sniffers tonight but don't know who is who around here.....

OYD
04-13-2013, 01:28 PM
It's a beautiful day here at Pyramid. The sun is shining bright, but just now a pretty vicious wind has pickd up, driving most boats off of the water.
Does anybody know what Captain Compassion's or Jetspray's rigs look like? Hoping to meet up with some Sniffers tonight but don't know who is who around here.....

Jetspray has a 19.5 ft Alumaweld jet with Yamaha kicker. You should easily find the gang when they start to gather to bs and nip the bottle before dinner and the bonfire. The wind came up here in Reno by 10:30 this morning and hit Pyramid a little later according to NOAA.

Bainter1212
04-13-2013, 02:12 PM
Thanks! I found them alright.......I could hear them griping about the VA from a mile off LOL.

Jetspray
04-17-2013, 04:06 AM
Thanks! I found them alright.......I could hear them griping about the VA from a mile off LOL.

I don't use the VA, I have private stuff. It was nice to meet you and shoot the breeze Brian.......Jetspray

Bainter1212
04-17-2013, 04:39 AM
I figured, I was just joking. I like to clown on older fellas as much as possible....much of my childhood was spent being teased by my grandfather and his buddies. Now his wit has slowed a bit and mine has vaught up, so it's time for revenge :)

Jetspray
04-17-2013, 04:55 AM
I figured, I was just joking. I like to clown on older fellas as much as possible....much of my childhood was spent being teased by my grandfather and his buddies. Now his wit has slowed a bit and mine has vaught up, so it's time for revenge :)

As I told you my 5 year old grandaughter said "Grandpa are you retarded?"(she meant retired, but I love her all the same):8061fc::goodscout1jp:.......Jetspray