PDA

View Full Version : Ice fish Caples 1-12

Bainter1212
01-09-2013, 11:50 AM
Insearchoffish and I are planning on ice fishing Caples on Saturday. I get to try out my brand new auger! Just posting, so that whoever wants to come out and join us will be totally welcome. We will probably get there around 730 AM or so. Anyone who comes out is welcome to borrow my auger.
Come on out, good company and fresh fish make for a good outing. Warning; I may bring some Bushmills. If I can't catch any fish at least I can drink like one lol

buckman78
01-09-2013, 12:24 PM
What an invite! Im seriously contemplating going! Was thinking about hauling my boat up to the mountains any.......
Do u need one of them little poles, or just a regular trout rod?

Bainter1212
01-09-2013, 12:50 PM
I personally don't see why you would need a small pole. Just sit further back from the hole :)

Plug-n-Jug
01-09-2013, 12:55 PM
Insearchoffish and I are planning on ice fishing Caples on Saturday. I get to try out my brand new auger! Just posting, so that whoever wants to come out and join us will be totally welcome. We will probably get there around 730 AM or so. Anyone who comes out is welcome to borrow my auger.
Come on out, good company and fresh fish make for a good outing. Warning; I may bring some Bushmills. If I can't catch any fish at least I can drink like one lol

What part of the lake will you be on?

Bainter1212
01-09-2013, 01:08 PM
Don't know yet. Probably either out by the spillway or over off the rock dam. I will probably be going up in my orange Honda Element, it has a ladder rack on the top. I will be wearing a brown felt Stetson.

insearchoffish
01-09-2013, 01:36 PM
NOAA weather says sunny with a high of 26. Good luck with that stetson bainter Ill be wearing my onezy, hood, beanie and facemask! Eric will probably show up in shorts! lol
Another day of below freezing fishing,, Oh yea:tasman:

Surfcaster1
01-09-2013, 02:19 PM
Gas or hand crank i have a gas Eskamo 10" Auger with a 18" Extension That i am thinking of selling it due to a injury and can't use my right arm i can make it if i can get some help with the holes...

Bainter1212
01-09-2013, 02:22 PM
Mine is a hand crank, the ice shouldn't be extremely thick so shouldn't be that bad drilling through it.

corkscrew
01-09-2013, 04:31 PM
Mine is a hand crank, the ice shouldn't be extremely thick so shouldn't be that bad drilling through it.
Ice is about 10-12" thick under about 12 inches or so of packed snow. Had to get on my knees to finish drilling thru. Won't be long before an extension will be needed..unless we get an extended dry period.
If I don't go to Pyramid this weekend I hope to see you guys up there.

insearchoffish
01-09-2013, 04:37 PM
[QUOTE=Surfcaster1;900620 i can make it if i can get some help with the holes...[/QUOTE]

If you make it Ill operate that beast! I also plan on bringing tools to break and clean out old holes as well! Less time drilling more time fishing!

PapaGreg
01-09-2013, 05:27 PM
Bainter, that's a SMOOTH way to ward off the cold! Great invite for everyone, hope you do well.

Stretch
01-09-2013, 06:01 PM
gonna try and make it out the 11th I will report back on this thread to let you know how it was if I end up going

troutslimepuppy
01-09-2013, 09:02 PM
NOAA weather says sunny with a high of 26. Good luck with that stetson bainter Ill be wearing my onezy, hood, beanie and facemask! Eric will probably show up in shorts! lol
Another day of below freezing fishing,, Oh yea:tasman:

Fish tweackers

insearchoffish
01-10-2013, 09:13 AM
Fish tweackers

??? what u talkin bout slime puppy, you lost me????

troutslimepuppy
01-10-2013, 10:09 AM
??? what u talkin bout slime puppy, you lost me????
Insatiable urge to fish regardless of conditions or consequence. I suffer from fish tweak as well..:shocked:

RideNfish
01-10-2013, 10:44 AM
You guys have fun. Kevin said I couldn't go. LOL

Cheers,

Surfcaster1
01-10-2013, 01:25 PM
The Big fish were from out of state UT, Fish Lake and Otter Creek a 10# Trout but i did catch a 12# mac from caples 5 years ago. I just got tickets for the Niner Game on Saturday so This trip is a no go for me. Sad to say i am selling all of my Ice Fishing gear due to a injury. PM me with any Questions About Gear i will send you my Phone #. Rod's yes the short one's a Fish finder, 10" Gas Auger all the gear you will ever need, and all in Great Condition.

insearchoffish
01-10-2013, 04:45 PM
You guys have fun. Kevin said I couldn't go. LOL

Cheers,
Hey someone has to go and taste test those smushed grapes, bring back something good for the next adventure! Maybe something that would go good with a lakeside leg of lamb.:wine1: