PDA

View Full Version : Melones Again

Seon
01-18-2013, 04:41 PM
I finally got to fish with my original fishing partner today at Melones…my bride of 48 yrs. But there was one condition, the sun had to be up and the air temperature comfortable. The weatherman came thru and it was short sleeve weather for me but the wife kept her sweatshirt on. We weren’t out after fish per se but rather just a day out on the boat and for her to see the lake, which she has never been on.

We brought our little man, leaving the little girl home because she gets carsick. At 14 yrs old, he still enjoyed being on the boat soaking up the sun.

I only took a few pics and no use posting them because everyone here already know what the scenery looks like up there.

We did manage to boat 4 Trout but all released because I didn’t feel like cleaning them when I got home plus we still a couple in the frig from the last two trips.

Can’t get any better than today and all I can say is, “Everyday is a holiday, when one is retired” .:angling:

deep_six
01-18-2013, 05:01 PM
aka Seon

Your last sentence describes our feelings, could not have said it any better myself.

Enjoy it, you earned it. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

deep_six and partner

RideNfish
01-18-2013, 09:59 PM
Very nice Seon! Sounds like a wonderful day to me. Was real nice too. So nice that my wife came up with the idea to do the major yard pruning tomorrow. :undecided:

Oh, well. I will try to fish Monday.

Cheers,

schatgun
01-19-2013, 09:48 AM
“Everyday is a holiday, when one is retired” .:angling:

I'm very envious of you & the whole retirement thing only because I have 12 more years before I'm elgible....But I'm saving for retirement big time cuz I'm gonna enjoy every day of it. But I guess I'll survive & get by w/ my lowly one day a week of fishing.....:wink:

Nice to see your making the most of your retirement....between all the fishing, time spent w/ the wife, enjoying the great outdoors....life is good for you indeed....w/ a little fish thrown in here & there I can't see it getting a whole lot better.....

Great Post.....but one begs to ask the question....you live like 3 miles from Camanche....how come I never see any Camanche reports:p? Granted Melones is far more beautiful...

Marv
01-19-2013, 10:41 AM
Nice Seon, ah the good life. :) glad to see Melones is being nice to you.