PDA

View Full Version : Pardee Opener???????????

CATKILLER
01-27-2013, 06:23 AM
Anyone going to Pardee for the opener, hope the lake has some water
and fish in it this year. Last year they planted 40,000lbs less then the year
before 71,000lbs. They must of not had to many fishermen come back after
the mud hole opener last year.Has anyone seen the water level latey.
Do they have new management there?

Catkiller :1fish0023mn:

Steve079
01-27-2013, 06:55 AM
It's at 85% capacity right now. Used to trout fish at Pardee before I ever caught any Kokes.
Used to fish the opener, but haven't in a couple years. Here's a link to the EMUD lakes water levels.

Pardee (http://ebmud.com/daily-water-supply-report)

twopatch
01-27-2013, 07:28 AM
looking at the Fee's that they are charging...
$14 entry&parking for car & boat
$5 boat inspection
$7.50 launch
$4 fishing access
I think I am going to pass.

Marv
01-27-2013, 08:33 AM
No way, Pardee is like a bigger version of Amador WAY overpriced and NOT as much fish as they claim. A lot of guy's on here were PUMPED about the opener, and most came home with nothing and then I heard nothing more about PARDEE for the rest of the year.

I buy my fishing license, and ticks me off so bad when crud hole lakes charge a fee for fishing. I don't buy the line about "the money goes to stocking" cough cough after we take our cut of the top, lol. $4 for us and $1 towards the fish.

Amador
Pardee
Los Vaqueros

Sorry if I offended your lake of choice, and I will fish these lakes, but give me Melones any day, heck this summer we went to some of the prettiest lakes i've ever seen, and they were all free to fish.

Team Mc Fishing
01-27-2013, 10:28 AM
New Melones is a great choice. One fee all year if you buy the annual pass. Plenty of room on the lake for everyone and fishing is usually better than the other local lakes. That's my first choice to run my guide trips on year round when people ask.

Team Mc Fishing
Guide Service

Jfitalia
01-27-2013, 07:22 PM
New Melones is a great choice. One fee all year if you buy the annual pass. Plenty of room on the lake for everyone and fishing is usually better than the other local lakes. That's my first choice to run my guide trips on year round when people ask.

Team Mc Fishing
Guide Service

while melones is good for you folks in Stockton its a 2 plus hour drive for us in sacramento. the $5 inspection fee is new. i'm curious on that fee since they've never inspected my boat.

corkscrew
01-28-2013, 03:41 PM
Pardee was the place to be on their opener for a lotta years. Especially the first year the recent owners took over: I think that was 2009 give or take. That year my fishing buddy and myself had back to back 75 fish days with numerous fish over the 4 pound mark.

Since then the openers have been lackluster at best with very few fish taken over 2 pounds.
Quick tip is that 2nd week is much better than the opener as they usually drop a few more loads after opening day.

IMO,As stated earlier Melones or Vaqueros are better choices.

Jfitalia
01-28-2013, 03:56 PM
Pardee was the place to be on their opener for a lotta years. Especially the first year the recent owners took over: I think that was 2009 give or take. That year my fishing buddy and myself had back to back 75 fish days with numerous fish over the 4 pound mark.

Since then the openers have been lackluster at best with very few fish taken over 2 pounds.
Quick tip is that 2nd week is much better than the opener as they usually drop a few more loads after opening day.

IMO,As stated earlier Melones or Vaqueros are better choices.

The problem with the last couple years has been water level and weather not the size and or amount of fish. Heck 2 years on the opener my GF and landed over 40 fish and all over 2 pounds.

Jfitalia
01-28-2013, 04:09 PM
looking at the Fee's that they are charging...
$14 entry&parking for car & boat
$5 boat inspection
$7.50 launch
$4 fishing access
I think I am going to pass.

I just did the math and this place is more expensive than Amador for 2 people to fish in my boat.

sollimes
01-28-2013, 04:20 PM
$14.00 for car/boat included lauching

$4.00 fishing fee per person

Not sure about boat inspection, was free last year.

corkscrew
01-28-2013, 04:22 PM
The problem with the last couple years has been water level and weather not the size and or amount of fish. Heck 2 years on the opener my GF and landed over 40 fish and all over 2 pounds.
"Last 2 years or 2 years a while back"? Not sure what you mean?

Jfitalia
01-28-2013, 04:49 PM
"Last 2 years or 2 years a while back"? Not sure what you mean?

We killed them 2 years ago. Last year the water was low and the year before it poured like crazy on the day of the opener and the next day is when I went and killed them. Now if your in a boat it shouldn't matter cause you can get up river.

corkscrew
01-28-2013, 04:53 PM
We killed them 2 years ago. Last year the water was low and the year before it poured like crazy on the day of the opener and the next day is when I went and killed them. Now if your in a boat it shouldn't matter cause you can get up river.
Your right. Two years ago was good. I don't have a boat but rent one there from time to time. Word out on the street is that they have cut back on the bigger fish.
My guess is that it's true cause I've caught only 2# and under last two years.
But...I only tried first two weeks then it was on to bass.

Jfitalia
01-28-2013, 04:55 PM
$14.00 for car/boat included lauching

$4.00 fishing fee per person

Not sure about boat inspection, was free last year.

I just checked their website and you are correct. However the $14 is for parking and then it is 7.50 to launch. There is not a boat inspection according to their website. These are the same fees as last year.

corkscrew
01-28-2013, 05:09 PM
I just checked their website and you are correct. However the $14 is for parking and then it is 7.50 to launch. There is not a boat inspection according to their website. These are the same fees as last year.
I didn't see "boat inspection fee" either but they have had inspections there for the last few years and I don't think they would all of a sudden stop. Probably an over-site on their part.

Jfitalia
01-28-2013, 05:15 PM
I didn't see "boat inspection fee" either but they have had inspections there for the last few years and I don't think they would all of a sudden stop. Probably an over-site on their part.

they do an ispection but all it has been for me was just handing them my pre-filled out form. No one has ever actually inspected my boat.

corkscrew
01-28-2013, 05:16 PM
they do an ispection but all it has been for me was just handing them my pre-filled out form. No one has ever actually inspected my boat.
Sweet. I wish it was that way everywhere.

CATKILLER
01-28-2013, 05:22 PM
I just did the math and this place is more expensive than Amador for 2 people to fish in my boat.

I think the inspection fee is just a one time deal with the DFG they had it last
year so if you go, you should print out the form from them so you can have it all filled out
when you get there and get your boat in the water much faster.
I've been getting a yearly pass for 50.00 because of disability and then
it is just 4.00 fishing fee.

CAL.NDN
01-28-2013, 09:43 PM
I used to slay fish there lots and lots and lots and lots of hawgs then last year went ther first two days and couldn't believe it wtf we all.limited but tiny pan frys never went back. But what you talking about 14 for parking it has always been 7 i thought what was last year even. Pardee went went from two thumbs held high to two thumbs down in my opinion.

Steve079
01-28-2013, 11:34 PM
I don't know where you guys are pulling your figures from, here is the rate schedule for 2013.

Pardee Rates (http://www.pardeelakerecreation.com/PDF_Docs/2013_Rate_Schedule.pdf)

CATKILLER
01-29-2013, 04:27 AM
I don't know where you guys are pulling your figures from, here is the rate schedule for 2013.

Pardee Rates (http://www.pardeelakerecreation.com/PDF_Docs/2013_Rate_Schedule.pdf)

Thanks Steve for the info. looks like they just went up 50 cents for car
day use and 1.00 for season.If you look at there space's for seasonal camping
only about 1/2 were full last year compaired to the year before. Alot of the long
time campers did not return because of problems with the new rules and prices
and time's for new space repairs. Some of the guys had been there for 20+ years
and did not return. This must of caused alot less money comeing in to the park witch
mite of caused the low rate of planting and the size ( 1 to 2lb ) fish.
Like i said 2011 was 71,000lbs planted alot of 4 to 5lbers and 2012 was 31,000 planted
1 to 2lbers.

Catkiller :wileecoyote1:

Jfitalia
01-29-2013, 05:05 AM

Steve these figures you posted are the same as what we're talking about

Wabo Cabo
01-29-2013, 09:35 AM

It's worth it. Amador is a dump. Pardee is a great place to fish, well maintained, doesn't have the riffraff Amador attracts, and I love those floating toilets.

Jfitalia
01-29-2013, 09:44 AM
It's worth it. Amador is a dump. Pardee is a great place to fish, well maintained, doesn't have the riffraff Amador attracts, and I love those floating toilets.

Well yes and no. I see plenty of trashy people walking the shoreline of Pardee all the time. I can see them snagging fish from the island in the rec area. As far as the boating goes you do seem to have people that know how to actually manuever a boat safely which is always a bouns.

CATKILLER
01-29-2013, 01:00 PM

Clean'es toilets in the west cleaned 2 times a week and the fish cleaning station is
cleaned 2 times a day.

PapaGreg
01-29-2013, 05:52 PM
catkiller, I drove by Pardee last week, I know it's a big lake, but it sure doesn't look 85% full!

The area near the old dam on Stoney Creek road only has a few feet of water, the rocks are pretty much exposed. I like to fish Pardee, but they did have money issues last year, a lot of the "permanent" campers didn't return because EBMUD enforced some of the rules pertaining to length of stay, etc. So, the revunue from there, plus those same people not launching/mooring their boats put a lot of money elsewhere.

CATKILLER
01-29-2013, 08:36 PM
catkiller, I drove by Pardee last week, I know it's a big lake, but it sure doesn't look 85% full!

The area near the old dam on Stoney Creek road only has a few feet of water, the rocks are pretty much exposed. I like to fish Pardee, but they did have money issues last year, a lot of the "permanent" campers didn't return because EBMUD enforced some of the rules pertaining to length of stay, etc. So, the revunue from there, plus those same people not launching/mooring their boats put a lot of money elsewhere.

Thanks for the info. Papa You are right about the people not returning, i talk to some
of them back in 2011 and they all said that they mite not be back because of EBMUD new
rules.

catkiller :wileecoyote1:

TghtLin
01-30-2013, 01:23 AM
Yeah, it seems the opener was so bad last year, it set the tone for the remainer of the spring. It seemed so dead through the spring, I did not even go once...:salute3sh:

PapaGreg
01-30-2013, 08:02 AM
Hmmmm, come to think of it, I didn't see Pardee Lake Recreation at the ISE show this year, they usually have a spot there.

I'll still give them a shot a few times this year, if it's good, It'll be a steady trip. Always good to get out and enjoy nature.

sollimes
01-30-2013, 08:03 AM
Atleast Pardee have BIG SMALLIES!!!

Just wait a few weeks after the opener. Head up river, schools of nice trouts are stacking up in the cove.

See you guys out there.

corkscrew
01-31-2013, 03:16 PM
Atleast Pardee have BIG SMALLIES!!!

Just wait a few weeks after the opener. Head up river, schools of nice trouts are stacking up in the cove.

See you guys out there.

Agree on the trout and the bass. Don't forget the large mouths. Pardee can be a great lake. It's crazy how much it varies from year to year. I usually go a couple times early in the season for the trout then switch to their bass come mid to late March while most people there are targeting the truck fish.

CATKILLER
01-31-2013, 06:19 PM
Agree on the trout and the bass. Don't forget the large mouths. Pardee can be a great lake. It's crazy how much it varies from year to year. I usually go a couple times early in the season for the trout then switch to their bass come mid to late March while most people there are targeting the truck fish.

Your right about the large mouths i have had them hit my trout many times
as i was bringing them in. My borther had a 18" trout that a bass hit and the trout had
teeth marks from the gills to it's tail. They also have alot of good size catfish in there.
I have been getting alot of 3 to 10lbers, two years ago i got a 22.5lb cat. pic's
posted in the catfish forum. All and all Pardee is a very nice lake and camping facility.

Catkiller :banana: