PDA

View Full Version : good sturgeon recipe?

mdue151
01-29-2013, 10:09 PM
anyone wanna share a good recipe? weather its smoking grilling or frying lets here it!:cheers1:

CATKILLER
01-30-2013, 05:01 AM
This is a repost from Axminster on 1-12-12

Dry rub:
2 tsp. allspice
1 tsp. ground thyme
3 tsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. paprika
2 tsp. nutmeg
2 tsp. ground ginger
2 tsp. cayenne
1 1/2 tsp. ground habanero
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. black pepper
mix all these in a jar

Chipotle mayo:
2 chipotle peppers from the can.
1 cup mayo
Crush peppers and mix with the mayo

Preparation of the fish:
Coat steaks or fillets in dry rub and grill over hot coals till done. Serve with the mayo. Has a little heat.

CATKILLER
01-30-2013, 05:24 AM
Try boiling 1'' cubes of sturgeon in 7up
drop them in a boiling pot of 7up and when they float
to the top they are done, dip in melted butter with garlic.
taste like lopster. Sorry for the bad spelling

CATKILLER :kermit:

white_cap
01-30-2013, 07:00 AM
BBQ, on a hot grill with lots of lemon butter, and some salt and pepper to taste
Also smoked sturgeon can’t be beat!

CATKILLER
01-30-2013, 07:26 AM
BBQ, on a hot grill with lots of lemon butter, and some salt and pepper to taste
Also smoked sturgeon can’t be beat!

White cap can you shair your smoked sturgeon recipe
would like to smoke some.
Thanks

white_cap
01-30-2013, 09:29 AM
White cap can you shair your smoked sturgeon recipe
would like to smoke some.
Thanks

I use a Slow Dry Smoker, not one that uses any kind of liquid in the smoker. Here is the recipe I like.
2 qts. Water
¼ cup non-iodized salt
½ cup brown sugar
¼ cup lemon juice
¼ tbsp. garlic powder
¼ tbsp. onion powder
I soak the fish (¾ to 1 inch thick) over night, rinse and pat dry in the morning, let air dry for awhile, you will see a sheen on the fish,. Then smoke

CATKILLER
01-30-2013, 05:11 PM
I use a Slow Dry Smoker, not one that uses any kind of liquid in the smoker. Here is the recipe I like.
2 qts. Water
¼ cup non-iodized salt
½ cup brown sugar
¼ cup lemon juice
¼ tbsp. garlic powder
¼ tbsp. onion powder
I soak the fish (¾ to 1 inch thick) over night, rinse and pat dry in the morning, let air dry for awhile, you will see a sheen on the fish,. Then smoke

Thanks White
How long do you smoke for?

white_cap
01-30-2013, 05:55 PM
Time varies, my smoker is a low heat smoker, so it will take up to 8 hours, depending on outside temperature.

BIG_ONE
01-30-2013, 09:09 PM
My version of sturgeon meat ball - a must to try!

1. Sturgeon Fillet(5-7lbs) - Toss it in the grinder
2. Imitation Crab Meat(2-3lbs;preferably real crab meat; fresh is always best) - Toss it in the grinder
3. Onion - Minced(use a blender for a faster process)
4. Cilantro/Coriander - Minced
5. Spring/Green Onion - Minced
6. Kosher Salt
7. Black Pepper
8. Garlic Powder
9. Onion Powder(yes; use it even when you already have onion, this provides a more enhanced flavor)
10. MSG(Monosodium Glutamate; half tablespoon) - Optional for a more enhanced flavor
11. Oyster Sauce(1/4 cup)
12. Soy Sauce(1/6 cup - preferred dark soy sauce for a more rich and less salty flavor)
13. Hoison Sauce(1/6 cup)
14. Melted Butter(1/6 cup)
15. Rice Flour(1/4 cup)

Mixed them all together, and roll them into the size of a golf ball. Deep fried until golden brown. You may also battered & bread crumb them if you wish to do so, great as well! Happy eating!!!

K-15
02-02-2013, 11:49 AM
Finger food..
Had a last minute bar-b-q plan put together at a freinds house,..for a quick one it turned out
pretty good,..
Cube up the meat,1-1/4-1-1/2"
Soak in italian dressing,longer the better,..i only got about 45 min.,
Wrap with bacon strip and toothpick
Hit it with some lemon pepper,dash of seasoned salt
Put on the grill,..on the edge,..to hot and the bacon goes up to fast..you know that one!
About 10 min.,flipping once...

buzzardsluck
03-18-2013, 06:27 PM
Don't over look that boiling sturgeon in 7up. I have done this many times and it is always a hit. Make it as a hors devores. It is amazing. My kids hate fish and they gobble it up. They ask when were having it again. When dad catches another slot fish.

buzzard

brokea--boater
03-22-2013, 05:24 PM
Sturgeon cooked in red clay.
Pack red clay around your fillets
slow cook in oven for one hour
remove sturgeon from clay
throw away the sturgeon and eat the clay.

My wife and I love fish and eat it a couple times a week. But we both agree that bottom feeders like Sturgeon and catfish from a river all have that slight taste of delta water. Maybe we've just become fish snobs from all the seafood we eat. But some of the posted recipe's do sound interesting especially the boiling 7up. Smoked Sturgeon is pretty good though,,,gregg

whatsername
05-22-2013, 01:39 PM
Cut into 2" chunks. Dipped in beer batter, then deep fried. Sprinkle with sea salt. Beer batter= flour, 1 egg, add Coronas, whisk until the consistency of pancake batter. Whatsername.