PDA

View Full Version : San Pablo Reservoir

fishingking
02-06-2013, 11:36 PM
Hey There Fellow Anglers,

Was thinking about heading to San Pablo Reservoir and taking a couple of friends on opening day and was curious how many others are looking forward to Friday. Lets take a poll: how many other fellow sniffers are planning to head out? Good luck and tight lines if you are.
:salmon: !!!!!!!!!FISH ON!!!!!!!!!
Stephen

simplycook
02-07-2013, 12:59 AM
I'll be there bright and early as soon as it opens. Probably just fishing from the shore off the main rec area.

Jetspray
02-07-2013, 06:16 AM
Would be nice to fish there again, but too far away and I don't like traffic. Make sure you stop and get a burger at the snack bar:Bear_fishes:.........Jetspray

NCfisher
02-07-2013, 08:58 AM
I plan on being there opening weekend but can't make it till Sunday. Leave some fish for me.

OneTrueBob
02-10-2013, 02:12 PM
Spent the day there yesterday and had a great time. Was cold as a well diggers arse in Alaska in the early AM, but once the sun came over the trees and the fog burned off, it made for a beautiful, cloudless day. There was actually frost on the rental boat and motor. BBBRRRR!!!

Trolled the usual rapalas, spinners and flashers. Finished the day with 9 in the boat ranging from 1 lb to 2 1/2 lbs. Most of the fishing coming between 10 AM - 1 PM. Oddly, just about the range the Fishing Solunar app on my phone predicted.

Had been waiting and waiting for SPR to open back up. Close to the house and a lot better lake than Chabot.

Tight Lines.

William DFC
02-10-2013, 05:01 PM
wow sounds a good place to fish, i never fish in san pablo reservoir but maybe will give a try this couple of weeks...i fish in lake chabot because near my house and so far i always get my limit (4 or 5 trouts)for the last few months...majority is bank fishing...:swimmingfish:

KlamathJack
02-11-2013, 08:24 AM
I was out there yesterday with the fiance, got to the lake about 9:45 and rented a boat. As usual she showed me up and ended up catching 4 all came on a white egg and pink pw dipped in some kickin trout, biggest went about 3lbs. Had about 4 other hits, but very subtle no take downs. saw a lot of other fish caught around the lake trolling and bait fishing. Great day on the water and will b back soon.

nayr
02-15-2013, 02:47 PM
Holy crap. I just got home from the resevoir with not even a bite! But the guys who anchored about 50yds down from us caught a dozen before I left.. what a bad day for me. Apparently mice tails are a neccessity now.. at least I know for next time

Jfitalia
02-15-2013, 04:27 PM
Holy crap. I just got home from the resevoir with not even a bite! But the guys who anchored about 50yds down from us caught a dozen before I left.. what a bad day for me. Apparently mice tails are a neccessity now.. at least I know for next time

no need to buy micetails, just make it yourself. Micetails are for the lazy people tha can't add a power egg and trout worm themselves. :)

William DFC
02-17-2013, 03:23 PM
Hi,

i am thinking to give a try in san pablo reservoir next week, but i am clueless about this reservoir and i have some question and i am appreciate for the answers..
1. Can u fish there before the opening hours (in lake chabot u can buy the fishing fee in the machine before opening hours and fish there earlier)
2. what is the latest time u can fish there? (lake chabot allow u to fish till 10pm)
3. what is the parking option they have? (some lakes u can park outside for free and walk to the reservoir)
4. any good fishing spot ? :9155wu: hahahaha never mind about this one..

Thanks

God Bless U

CAL.NDN
02-17-2013, 04:05 PM
no need to buy micetails, just make it yourself. Micetails are for the lazy people tha can't add a power egg and trout worm themselves. :)

+1 jf. I was making mice tails before they came out or i seen em but i called it tadpoles and it was with pb and pw. Put th pw on hook then molded pb around the top. But pe and pw combo work better last longer.

nayr
02-17-2013, 04:11 PM
Hi,

i am thinking to give a try in san pablo reservoir next week, but i am clueless about this reservoir and i have some question and i am appreciate for the answers..
1. Can u fish there before the opening hours (in lake chabot u can buy the fishing fee in the machine before opening hours and fish there earlier)
2. what is the latest time u can fish there? (lake chabot allow u to fish till 10pm)
3. what is the parking option they have? (some lakes u can park outside for free and walk to the reservoir)
4. any good fishing spot ? :9155wu: hahahaha never mind about this one..

Thanks

God Bless U
You can only fish during the hours they are open
There is only pariing inside their gates after paying

hanahou7
02-20-2013, 09:41 AM
Hey Guys,

I have never fished at San Pablo Reservoir, and I was wondering if they let you launch your own boat there. I didn't see a launch ramp on Google maps, but see that they do charge launch fees, so I wasn't sure if that is only for canoes/ kayaks.

Thanks!

hanahou7
02-20-2013, 10:32 AM
Never mind, stupid question :(

Have a great one guys!

ApexPredator
02-20-2013, 01:16 PM
Hey Guys,

I have never fished at San Pablo Reservoir, and I was wondering if they let you launch your own boat there. I didn't see a launch ramp on Google maps, but see that they do charge launch fees, so I wasn't sure if that is only for canoes/ kayaks.

Thanks!

You can launch your own boat. The launch ramp is on the other side of the lake from the park area.

hanahou7
02-20-2013, 02:19 PM
Thanks! I think I found it on Google Earth and am probably gonna take a scouting trip up there next weekend.

LONO100
02-22-2013, 08:25 AM
hey fellas, im going on my first fishing trip of 2013 finally and again, ill be taking another friend and his kid fishing for the first time and i want to make sure they have a good time. i havent been to san pablo for a long long time, and we will be fishing from the banks. anyone have any suggestions to some good spots to set up shop? and what are the trout biting on right now? if anyone has any opinions/info, it would be really welcomed.

i was also thinking maybe the bon tempe/lagunitas lakes. anyone know what its biting like over there? i will probably choose where we will be going based on the weather, since ill have a little kid with us, i want to make sure they arent battling the elements. thanks in advance!

NCfisher
02-22-2013, 09:20 AM
I've never been to San Pablo but a buddy and me are heading out there this Sunday with a boat. I can't give you any advice on that area but I fish Bon Tempe a lot since it's so close to my house. Some people have lots of luck there with mice tails but I have never caught a single fish there on a mice tail. I've had success there with kastmasters, marshmallow and inflated worm combo and PB. Again, some guys swear by the mice tails but I've never had any luck with them. Oh yea, if you can find some sweet corn scent or just tip your hook with some corn, they love that. Tight lines.

LONO100
02-25-2013, 08:40 AM
so the gf and i wnet to san pablo saturday morning. we got there around 0830, and stayed until the early afternoon. while the weather was very nice, we didnt catch anything. there were lots of people fishing, but the whole time we were there we saw just one fish landed. we were rainbow, garlic, and corn power bait and mice tails. we fished up and down the bank from pine picnic area down to that tower poking out of the water.

although we got skunked, id like to visit again. anyone have any tips on what i should do or better places to fish so i can land me a couple rainbows next time i head out there?