PDA

View Full Version : Amador

Dad+kids
02-13-2013, 11:51 AM
Not a bad day with the biggest going @ 12.92 lbs. Put a total of five in the boat... A little slow but they were there!

49erbassman
02-13-2013, 12:43 PM
Great job. That thing is a hawg!!

Sent from my iPhone

Captain Compassion
02-13-2013, 01:22 PM
Just a casual mention of a 13 pound hog? We need the rest of the story man.. Out with it. Most excellent. Congratulations.

CC

KlamathJack
02-13-2013, 01:39 PM
Wowser!!! that is a beast. Way to go man. And on a yellow jerk bait?

BIG_ONE
02-13-2013, 02:19 PM
Amador still contains monsters, just got to come across them at the right timing w/ the right location. I wonder will this thread start to give some guys the slamador fever? I guess the only way to find out is if this weekend will be pack...LOL.

PapaGreg
02-13-2013, 03:32 PM
Don't know if you got that monster today or not, but UNCONFIRMED reports were circulating about a 21 pounder landed from a boat. I did watch the gentlemen battle the fish for close to 10 minutes, he was really hooping and hollering after it was in the boat. He yealled out that his scale read 21 pounds, so we"ll see. Also heard of a 23 pounder being pulled out of there with a $50.00 tag in it.

I left with 3, damn cold/flu started to get me, so I stopped by the drug store and got all the stuff that only seems to prolong the misery. I'm guessing the 3 I caught were around 11/2 to 2 pounds. They came off the bottom on PB and I missed one on a lure and 3 more on the bait, seemed to be just "bumping" stuff in the afternoon.

Jimmy_M
02-13-2013, 05:04 PM
Hey calm down a little... it's just a monster trout! LOL :grin: Congrats on the catch.

Marv
02-13-2013, 07:48 PM
Nice fish for sure, I like the pflueger supreme too.

redneckpunk
02-13-2013, 10:24 PM
Just a casual mention of a 13 pound hog? We need the rest of the story man.. Out with it. Most excellent. Congratulations.

CC
^^^what he said. LOL!! We need more than this. I think if I had caught it my post would be a second by second story from cast to net and maybe even include where I stopped for breakfast. Thats a bragger and deserves more of a post!!

~RNP

Tr0ut_slayer
02-13-2013, 11:11 PM
That's a nice trout rod. Is that the lami si?...nice catch by the way.

FISHERPRICE
02-14-2013, 07:59 AM
not a bad day with the biggest going @ 12.92 lbs. Put a total of five in the boat... A little slow but they were there!

very nice fatty !!!

Dad+kids
02-15-2013, 10:12 AM
^^^what he said. LOL!! We need more than this. I think if I had caught it my post would be a second by second story from cast to net and maybe even include where I stopped for breakfast. Thats a bragger and deserves more of a post!!

~RNP
So im the person in the picture I will fill in what my dad left out since I can see you guys are eager to hear the story as I would be seeing a fish like this. So the gear Rod:Lamiglas Infinity Sereis 7' Reel:Pflueger Supreme Line: 10lb Seauger Florocarbon Lure: F-13 Hot Steel Rapala Depth:Toplined
So no secrets here tired of seeing people with photoshop on their back grounds lol :paranoid1bn:
It was neither me or my dad who fought the monster fish it was our great freind who is a full time voulnteer for fish and game and has been long do for a fish like this. I alsohave to thank Kendrea at Lamiglas for providing us with the absolute best customer service when they upgraded us to the Infinity Series which is their best after I broke are old favorite :( So this trout was the first landed on the rod so we already have some monster JUJU :kahuna38kk:so I just finished seeting out all our lines and we are trolling the south side of the lake and we hookup between the rv park and carson arm. The fish immediatly shot out of the water and just started screaming drag for deeper water so i clear all the lines but one that it managed to get in so we cut it so it will fall off and kill the engine and bring downriggers all the way up I didint want anything for him to get around but at that point I had no idea how huge this fish really was. So after about 5minutes of the fishing stripping drag then stopping then taking off agin we get his head turned toward the boat and get some line back. Then he makes another big run out to the deep and our freind fights him back towards the boat.He finaly gets to the back of the boat but still way out of net range and I cant even see him still then he makes a big old semi circle run to the front of the boat to the point of the cove we ended up in. So once agin we get him turned back around and im still standing with the net thinking thank god this is why we never bring our koakeene net here lol and he runs under the boat and I still havent seen him I'm just watchin the line inches from rubbin on the boat but lukily he ran back out and around to the other side of the boat were my dad our freind on the fish and our other freind are all like holy s%#t !!!!!!!! Its huge dont miss it followed by many other choice words and to that point i only hadnt seen it so the fish just throws this massive swirl and I can tell it is tireing out so I jump in the back of the boat on the littel swimstep and wait for him to get over their. Finaly our buddy gets it turned to the back and I just see this monster riseing and it keeps geting bigger and bigger and Im just hopeing the hooks stay and finaly it gets to the surface and I'm like cant miss this one so I reach out as far as I can with the net and it just plops in just fitting enough so I slowley pull it toward the boat not wanting to snap the net and I grab hold of the front ring of the net so it wouldnt snap off and get the fish in the boat and its just floppin with its massive tail and we are all yelling like this was our first time doing this well it is with this big of a fish new PB rainbow on the boat! So we break out our scale and it weighed 13lbs so pretty close to what we got in the bait shop 12.92 and our freind turned the blue tag in and got his 50 bucks. But other than that excitment fishing was very slow once that sun really got on the water and we went through evreything and went evrey where to find the fish but it seemed like all they wanted was Hot Steel F-13 rapalas not even the smaller version of the hot steel would work neither would our grubs j-7s or anything but we did pop one off a firetiger needel fish and I lost a good one off a purple uv rocky mountain spoon trolled at 9 feet which popped of because it rubbed on another line which was weird but most fish on top down to 9 feet.

WesternStriper
02-16-2013, 05:53 PM
Went to Amador on Friday. Was going to pardee but it was kind of late and the lady at the register room took too long.

Spent $120.00 on Friday including the fishing lic#. Went to amador. Start at the dam area. Fish was jumping every 5 min. Saw people catching fish. Good size. We end the fishing at night fall. Seem like the day time has more action than the night but then the light on the dock are dead. Didn't catch anything but a guy gave us some fish that cannot be release back. Fish look healthy with lot of black dots on them. Some are like full silver like kakonee? Would go back. Thanks to him. Friend took the fish home and they enjoyed it more than me.

Just for headup. $10 to park, $8 to fish. Tax is another $3.00? unknown tax. Tax on item purchase. Tax twice. lol Total 24$ just for me to fish. Can't believe spent 120 on Friday with little to nothing in hand with a lic #. Some say I should buy fish at the market or I say it the amusement of being outdoor?...

CRABBY
02-16-2013, 06:07 PM
Went to Amador on Friday. Was going to pardee but it was kind of late and the lady at the register room took too long.

Spent $120.00 on Friday including the fishing lic#. Went to amador. Start at the dam area. Fish was jumping every 5 min. Saw people catching fish. Good size. We end the fishing at night fall. Seem like the day time has more action than the night but then the light on the dock are dead. Didn't catch anything but a guy gave us some fish that cannot be release back. Fish look healthy with lot of black dots on them. Some are like full silver like kakonee? Would go back. Thanks to him. Friend took the fish home and they enjoyed it more than me.

Just for headup. $10 to park, $8 to fish. Tax is another $3.00? unknown tax. Tax on item purchase. Tax twice. lol Total 24$ just for me to fish. Can't believe spent 120 on Friday with little to nothing in hand with a lic #. Some say I should buy fish at the market or I say it the amusement of being outdoor?...LOL,we are all in the same boat,spend a bunch of money for chance at catching a fish,it's the enjoyment of trying,learning,an being outdoors that keeps us coming back...Better luck next time....Don

hooks
02-16-2013, 06:17 PM
So im the person in the picture I will fill in what my dad left out since I can see you guys are eager to hear the story as I would be seeing a fish like this. So the gear Rod:Lamiglas Infinity Sereis 7' Reel:Pflueger Supreme Line: 10lb Seauger Florocarbon Lure: F-13 Hot Steel Rapala Depth:Toplined
So no secrets here tired of seeing people with photoshop on their back grounds lol :paranoid1bn:
It was neither me or my dad who fought the monster fish it was our great freind who is a full time voulnteer for fish and game and has been long do for a fish like this. I alsohave to thank Kendrea at Lamiglas for providing us with the absolute best customer service when they upgraded us to the Infinity Series which is their best after I broke are old favorite :( So this trout was the first landed on the rod so we already have some monster JUJU :kahuna38kk:so I just finished seeting out all our lines and we are trolling the south side of the lake and we hookup between the rv park and carson arm. The fish immediatly shot out of the water and just started screaming drag for deeper water so i clear all the lines but one that it managed to get in so we cut it so it will fall off and kill the engine and bring downriggers all the way up I didint want anything for him to get around but at that point I had no idea how huge this fish really was. So after about 5minutes of the fishing stripping drag then stopping then taking off agin we get his head turned toward the boat and get some line back. Then he makes another big run out to the deep and our freind fights him back towards the boat.He finaly gets to the back of the boat but still way out of net range and I cant even see him still then he makes a big old semi circle run to the front of the boat to the point of the cove we ended up in. So once agin we get him turned back around and im still standing with the net thinking thank god this is why we never bring our koakeene net here lol and he runs under the boat and I still havent seen him I'm just watchin the line inches from rubbin on the boat but lukily he ran back out and around to the other side of the boat were my dad our freind on the fish and our other freind are all like holy s%#t !!!!!!!! Its huge dont miss it followed by many other choice words and to that point i only hadnt seen it so the fish just throws this massive swirl and I can tell it is tireing out so I jump in the back of the boat on the littel swimstep and wait for him to get over their. Finaly our buddy gets it turned to the back and I just see this monster riseing and it keeps geting bigger and bigger and Im just hopeing the hooks stay and finaly it gets to the surface and I'm like cant miss this one so I reach out as far as I can with the net and it just plops in just fitting enough so I slowley pull it toward the boat not wanting to snap the net and I grab hold of the front ring of the net so it wouldnt snap off and get the fish in the boat and its just floppin with its massive tail and we are all yelling like this was our first time doing this well it is with this big of a fish new PB rainbow on the boat! So we break out our scale and it weighed 13lbs so pretty close to what we got in the bait shop 12.92 and our freind turned the blue tag in and got his 50 bucks. But other than that excitment fishing was very slow once that sun really got on the water and we went through evreything and went evrey where to find the fish but it seemed like all they wanted was Hot Steel F-13 rapalas not even the smaller version of the hot steel would work neither would our grubs j-7s or anything but we did pop one off a firetiger needel fish and I lost a good one off a purple uv rocky mountain spoon trolled at 9 feet which popped of because it rubbed on another line which was weird but most fish on top down to 9 feet.

I love this report!!!!

Congrats to all of you.

truckfr88
02-18-2013, 07:42 AM
Went to Amador on sun at about 6:30 am and fished a point over by the dam.
Fished white mice tails on bottom about 20 feet out, with a 2 1/2 foot leader and ended up catching 8 trout 2-3lbs .. Left at 2:40 .. Not to bad. It was a nice day out too....