PDA

View Full Version : melones tomorrow?

Steve079
02-16-2013, 06:44 PM
Going out on Old Melones tomorrow, anybody else heading out there? I've been working my way east, started at Angels Creek launch last year before it closed. Trying to fish near every cove until I complete one lap. Last week I completed the Coyote Creek area.
Onward, forever onward....
Later in the week, my new FF/GPS should arrive. I may have to start over.

So, anybody else hitting it?

Marv
02-17-2013, 07:48 AM
I'm itching to get back there, but i'm doing a maiden voyage to Pardee and see if RideNfish and I can raise ah little hell :bananadevil: Good luck today, hope you nail 'em, and have fun with the new ff unit :)

Steve079
02-17-2013, 06:38 PM
Thanks Marv. The new FF is on its way, and I hitched a ride with a buddy and his friend. We went all the way up to where the old cars are sitting on the side of the hill, near the old Calaveras Cement Slurry Plant. Fished bait in a a couple inlets up there with running water, nothing. Fished up South Fork, and then tried bait, nothing. WTF??? We were marking fish, but nothing was hitting. I'm going to say I think the fish we were marking were this years Kokes, and I'm sticking to it. Tossed my favorite 'bow producing lures for nada. Tried Crawlers. Nada.

Headed back up into the main section of the lake, still nothing. Just was not my day. Other guys caught I think 7 between them. Me, ZERO!

Oh well, some days a diamond, some days a stone. Good luck Ya'll!

RideNfish
02-17-2013, 08:52 PM
Sorry to hear Steve. I know you can work fish out of that lake if anybody can. If you can't do it I need to go to the fish farm and do the "Pay per fish" program. :cry:

Steve079
02-17-2013, 09:10 PM
Thanks, but not true. Sometimes I can't seem to adapt to what works in a given situation, but I'm working on it. I figure these fish owe me a whuppin or two.

Rose Creek

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z100/skhardwoods/RoseInlet2_zps67000ee2.jpg

3 miles back to South Fork

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z100/skhardwoods/Highwatermark_zps5a86d12d.jpg

Wondering what I'm doing wrong, my buddies were catching, lol!

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z100/skhardwoods/photo5-1_zps88450a0b.jpg

Nice day, beautiful sights, good friends. Who needs fish???

Until next week

CAL.NDN
02-17-2013, 09:19 PM
Great pics steve especially the one with ya on the rock. You will get em next time.

oldgeezer71
02-24-2013, 08:24 PM
Hey Steve: This is a little late but wanted to respond and possibly solve the mystery of you marking fish but no action. My buddy and I were fishing Carson Cove a few weeks back and marking fish, tons of them beginning where you make that final right turn that takes you to the inlet, which is approximately 150 yards. Despite all of these marked fish, we couldn't raise a one. Anyway, to make a long story short, I ran into Gary Burns of "Take It to the Limit Guide Service" at the boat dock who told me they were most likely bass that we were seeing on the FF, as he fished the same area and discovered the same thing.
We are hitting it early tomorrow morning at Melones and will most likely try the area from the spillway south along the bank to start with. Sorry we could not connect during New Years. I'll let you know how we do tomorrow.

Bill
oldgeezer70

oldgeezer71
02-25-2013, 10:55 PM
[QUOTE=oldgeezer70;909413]Hey Steve: This is a little late but wanted to respond and possibly solve the mystery of you marking fish but no action. My buddy and I were fishing Carson Cove a few weeks back and marking fish, tons of them beginning where you make that final right turn that takes you to the inlet, which is approximately 150 yards. Despite all of these marked fish, we couldn't raise a one. Anyway, to make a long story short, I ran into Gary Burns of "Take It to the Limit Guide Service" at the boat dock who told me they were most likely bass that we were seeing on the FF, as he fished the same area and discovered the same thing.
We are hitting it early tomorrow morning at Melones and will most likely try the area from the spillway south along the bank to start with. Sorry we could not connect during New Years. I'll let you know how we do tomorrow.

Bill
oldgeezer70

Steve: Just to let you know that we fished Melones beginning at 6:45 am this morning. Began at the spillway fishing north along the bank for about an hour, no fish marked. Moved to the ski slalom course next in the south area of the lake, marked one fish in 1:30 hrs of fishing. Headed to Carson Cove and fished for approximately 1:30 up to the turn as mentioned above, still and unbelievably, no fish marked. Next, headed to Coyote Creek and finally marked a few fish way up Coyote Creek where it narrows and water about 15 feet deep. Marked a few fish from 8 to 14 feet of water, drift fished and also parked the boat and fished from the bank in total for about for about 2:30 hours. Still, we could not raise a fish and after all this fishing, we got skunked. Water temp on the main lake 48 and in the coves got up to 50. Anyway, that's it for now.
Catch you later.

oldgeezer70