PDA

View Full Version : Sad day at Pardee

Marv
02-19-2013, 12:43 PM
Well to star things off, Pardee has never even made it on my radar. All the negative post from last season turned me off ah bit. Mariahpup gave us some intel so we decided to give it a shot.

We hit the gate @ 5:15 and the lady said 4 cars have entered :laugh: awesome, our spot we had decided on via google earth was open so we took it. We set up on Porcupine point, one soaking bait rod, and switched between ah water bobber and ah lure rod. We started to get taps on the bait rods, but no takers. At about sun up Doug finally nails one of average planter size, but fat

http://i829.photobucket.com/albums/zz220/bassboy209/IMG_04421280x960_zpsfab14186.jpg

http://i829.photobucket.com/albums/zz220/bassboy209/IMG_04401280x960_zps88cceb9f.jpg

We were gonna have a fellow sniffer meet up with us so I went looking for a brave, found him reeling in a fish as I walked up to greet him. Chit chatted with Chris for a moment and went back to see if RideNfish was knee deep in fish. He was also reeling in a fish as I walked, I need to stop talking and fish, lol.

After a minute we scoot on over to the damn and join Chris. I hustle up the dam and damn, there is tons of fish crowed up in the exact spot we are now fishing. I quickly begin to think about a day of epic numbers, maybe today I can break 100 fish in a day.

This was not the case, lol. I caught 2 :undecided: the fish were super spooked and darted away from mini jigs and power worms like they were sharks. Chris and Doug are picking off some fish here and there. I throw on a red/white bobber and a chunk of a crawler, I think Doug called my bobber a sissy bobber, haha. Well the sissy bobber disappears and my reel starts to scream. What a lovely sound zzzzzzzz got the fish in and zzzzzzzz got the net in the water and zzzzzz again. Got him in and weighed him, he clocked in @ 4.2lbs.

http://i829.photobucket.com/albums/zz220/bassboy209/IMG_04431280x971_zps804737d1.jpg

Then Chris and Doug start to tag team those trout, double bendo

http://i829.photobucket.com/albums/zz220/bassboy209/IMG_04461280x944_zps35a10023.jpg

Chris is so use to the giant steelhead he has been catching, that grabbing these lil guys was ah chore, hehe

http://i829.photobucket.com/albums/zz220/bassboy209/IMG_04491280x959_zps771794fe.jpg

The guy behind Doug almost got beat up :nunu5pn: Every cast with his bait rod was over our water bobber lines :angry: we were there first, then all hell broke lose and we had everyone in "our" spot and on our lap. I know the lake isn't mine, neither is the porta potty, but if i'm in it wait till get out, lol. Not sure how good of a steelhead angler i'd be, cause people bug me :)

All in all still a fun day meeting Chris and eating his lunch :) smoked steelhead was yummy. I didn't hardly see anyone catch a fish, so at least we knocked out a few.

dabalone
02-19-2013, 01:05 PM
Great report guys! Aaha, photo evidence of CAL NDN catching sissy trout.:laugh:

CRABBY
02-19-2013, 01:08 PM
LOL,good post Marv,luv the porta potty comparison to the jerks!!!!Good pics to for a flatlander:p.....most of the small lakes that are close to the valley have been taken over by those type of bankers:angry:.......

CAL.NDN
02-19-2013, 01:14 PM
Yea was cool to get out with ya guys agin even if we were chasing the trout truck this time was cool catching tem un on top water untill seagulls swarmed us we probaly would got atleast 100 :) and i would got that 4.2 if marv didn't muscle me out my spot lol. All fish were C&R. After we moved or should i say got anoyed and left i was gona bring one lil pan fryer home but didnt get em.oh well smoked steely it is then. Untill next time was good see ya guys

CAL.NDN
02-19-2013, 01:17 PM
Great report guys! Aaha, photo evidence of CAL NDN catching sissy trout.:laugh:

Never that was photo choped lol. Yea even with thread as line they didnt even fight hard they were sissy trout this time :)

Sensi Hooks
02-19-2013, 01:38 PM
Nice fish. That sucks about the bobber man duct taping his line to your rod. I dont like fishing by all the madness. Me and my daughter hike every spot for about 30-45 mins to get a secluded site. If I even hear people talk then Im too close. Good to hike/exercise plus get some nature time before we fish then I know we are secluded and confidence is pedal to the metal.

sollimes
02-19-2013, 01:57 PM
Good job guys! Doesnt look sad to me, with all your http://fishsniffervb.thefishsniffer.netdna-cdn.com/images/icons/icon12.png faces.
We might try Pardee in mid week.

Marv
02-19-2013, 02:13 PM
Nice fish. That sucks about the bobber man duct taping his line to your rod. I dont like fishing by all the madness. Me and my daughter hike every spot for about 30-45 mins to get a secluded site. If I even hear people talk then Im too close. Good to hike/exercise plus get some nature time before we fish then I know we are secluded and confidence is pedal to the metal.

No doubt, RideNfish and I ALWAYS hike at least 1 or 2 miles away from the people, trash, and the planters :) if your looking for us on the lake don't bother with any area near a bathroom or a boat ramp, we can usually be found way back in creek arms farting and laughing :)

Thanks for all the replies, lakes can be a drag but what else do we have to do till the Sierra streams open back up :)

Marv
02-19-2013, 02:17 PM
Never that was photo choped lol. Yea even with thread as line they didnt even fight hard they were sissy trout this time :)

Speak for yourself, lol my drag was singing a ah song for me :p On the bright side they did jump and tail walk now and then.

CAL.NDN
02-19-2013, 02:31 PM
Well as to the comparison of salmon and steelhead there wasnt much of a fight. But slamador trout on ultra lite gear have almost spooled me plenty times. Heck a few years ago when a 4# trout at pardee was small they were fun :) . All and all yea we should of went on a hike from the get go. It was an expensive trip for me but any trip with friends on the water is always a good trip in my eyes. Now its snowing good and have a few inches of snow already how am i gona get out to chase the steel un the morning? ???????

RideNfish
02-19-2013, 03:43 PM
Thanks for posting Marv. That way I didn't have to do all the work. Had a great time with both of you yahoos! Since I'm the guy with the camera I sent the pics to Marv to do the post as he sees fit. I had taxes appointment and dentist today so was too busy.

But.... do you think I give Marv "all" the pics? Hell no. I have to keep some material for my follow up post. Marv and his damn hats. They crack me up. He was supposed to wear an "Angry Bird" hat but Brian from Family Guy showed up instead. haha!

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o14/ScreaminRK/Fishing%202013/IMG_04381280x960.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o14/ScreaminRK/Fishing%202013/IMG_04391280x888.jpg

I didn't have any dirt on Calndn. I just actually thought this was a good pic!

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o14/ScreaminRK/Fishing%202013/IMG_04501280x999.jpg

WHT.RUS
02-19-2013, 03:43 PM
Looks like you guys had fun!

Thanks for the invite Chris! Based on this report, I'm sad I missed it! Will make time next time though! Looked like everyone had a blast:)

WHT.RUS
02-19-2013, 03:46 PM
Love the hat :D

CAL.NDN
02-19-2013, 04:00 PM
The hat rocked. I looked up brian walking down the hill.

Sensi Hooks
02-19-2013, 04:09 PM
haha its a better hat than valentines heart antennae :p

Marv
02-19-2013, 05:29 PM
haha its a better hat than valentines heart antennae :p

Dang I did it again, sorry Sensi, lol.

You should see my pink angry birds hat :shocked: yeah i'm ah weirdo :smiley_crazy:

49erbassman
02-19-2013, 05:44 PM
Lol great thread. Good times!

Sent from my iPhone

WHT.RUS
02-19-2013, 05:59 PM
I might hit pardee on saturday. Maybe il have better luck with the 3#ers!:fishing5xd:

mryosemite
02-19-2013, 06:26 PM
Great job and great post. It definitely wasn't a sad day at Pardee. I'd rather catch a single thumper than 10 stockers any day of the week. You'll remember the time you went and caught the 4 pounder, you'd barely remember the trip if you caught a limit of clones....or at least that's the way it is for me.

RideNfish
02-19-2013, 08:15 PM
I'd rather catch a single thumper than 10 stockers any day of the week. You'll remember the time you went and caught the 4 pounder, you'd barely remember the trip if you caught a limit of clones....o

Hey man! What are you saying? You say'n my fish didn't count. What the "H"!!!

Now which lake we talking about?:laugh::rotfl2:

mryosemite
02-19-2013, 08:56 PM
Hey man! What are you saying? You say'n my fish didn't count. What the "H"!!!

Now which lake we talking about?:laugh::rotfl2:

No, no, no. You got me all wrong. Your fish were big too. In fact, they looked huge. I'm just saying its a good thing you didn't hold any of your fish next to Marv's.

Jimmy_M
02-19-2013, 09:21 PM
Is there anything CAL.NDN can't catch??? I'm jealous of all the fishing time you have!

saizo
02-19-2013, 10:46 PM
Sheesh nobody said anything about a sniffer fest up at Pardee. Guess I wasn't invited lol. Nice pics and report

crazyfisher
02-20-2013, 02:25 AM
great job guys :)

sucks about the guys fishing next to you. It alway gets my blood boil when it happens. I like your analogy. Some people don't have manners!!

Keep up the good work!

CAL.NDN
02-20-2013, 06:29 AM
:)................

WHT.RUS
02-20-2013, 06:44 AM
Yep the analogy was great! There should be more get togethers!

FISHERPRICE
02-20-2013, 08:01 AM
Is there anything CAL.NDN can't catch??? I'm jealous of all the fishing time you have!

ITS THE CAMO. HE BLENDS IN WITH THE SHORE LINE AND DOESNT SPOOK UM. OR MAYBE HE'S JUST ONE WITH NATURE LOL:yoda1:

CAL.NDN
02-20-2013, 03:58 PM
MAYBE HE'S JUST ONE WITH NATURE LOL:yoda1:[/QUOTE]

May the sworse be with you. Josh you guys going out this weekend not shure i can make it.

Marv
02-20-2013, 05:38 PM
1,000+ views on the day after posting and almost 4 pages :yahoo:

CAL.NDN
02-20-2013, 05:42 PM
Lol yep and 95% lurker

CRABBY
02-20-2013, 05:56 PM
Sheesh nobody said anything about a sniffer fest up at Pardee. Guess I wasn't invited lol. Nice pics and reportYa gotta wear pink panties I think or something like that,it's a new Yuppie thing!!!:rotfl::rotfl::snacker::lolk:

CAL.NDN
02-20-2013, 06:03 PM
Dont talk about my lil buddy marv like that. He draws the line at hello kitty boxers.

Marv
02-20-2013, 09:30 PM
Lol, who said I wear undies :) I fish commando :naughty:

RideNfish
02-20-2013, 09:40 PM
Lol, who said I wear undies :) I fish commando :naughty:

That's it!!!! You're not in my car no more...:lolk:

dabalone
02-20-2013, 09:54 PM
That's it!!!! You're not in my car no more...:lolk:

Yikes, can't blame you, did he just call them undies?:cool2:

CAL.NDN
02-21-2013, 04:09 AM
Under roos!!!!

FISHERPRICE
02-21-2013, 07:51 AM
MAYBE HE'S JUST ONE WITH NATURE LOL:yoda1:

May the sworse be with you. Josh you guys going out this weekend not shure i can make it.[/QUOTE]

NOT GOING THIS WEEKEND, I'M GETTING MARRIED SATARDAY THEN GOING TO LAS VEGAS. I MIGHT BE ABLE TO SEE SOME WATER TIME TOMARROW MORNING .

Marv
02-21-2013, 08:24 AM
May the sworse be with you. Josh you guys going out this weekend not shure i can make it.

NOT GOING THIS WEEKEND, I'M GETTING MARRIED SATARDAY THEN GOING TO LAS VEGAS. I MIGHT BE ABLE TO SEE SOME WATER TIME TOMARROW MORNING .[/QUOTE]

Congrats!!!

Plug-n-Jug
02-21-2013, 09:04 AM

NOT GOING THIS WEEKEND," I'M GETTING MARRIED SATARDAY THEN GOING TO LAS VEGAS." I MIGHT BE ABLE TO SEE SOME WATER TIME TOMARROW MORNING .[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you got it backwards to me ! :happy:

iggybabble
02-21-2013, 09:44 AM
its as if some people are so clueless that they dont realize fish have tails and swim! when you see 3 guys hooking fish 100 yards down the bank from you, there might be several reasons.....frequently it simply means a school of fish is in front of them, and not you! wait 10 minutes, they just might swim past your lines. OR, the 3 guys are using the right gear??? often times the idiots with no sense of fishing etiquette are fishing with gear better suited to stripers in the bay! 20 lb test, surf leaders, 2 oz sinkers, and a pair of size 1/0 baitholder hooks, one with 11 salmon eggs and a nightcrawler, and the other with a glob of powerbait the size of a silver dollar.

Dave-J
02-21-2013, 11:27 AM
Great report and pics. Heading up to try my luck there tomorrow.

FISHERPRICE
02-21-2013, 12:05 PM
NOT GOING THIS WEEKEND," I'M GETTING MARRIED SATARDAY THEN GOING TO LAS VEGAS." I MIGHT BE ABLE TO SEE SOME WATER TIME TOMARROW MORNING .

Sounds like you got it backwards to me ! :happy:[/QUOTE]

HER IDEA, I SAID LETS JUST DO IT ALL THERE.