PDA

View Full Version : Sly Park Jenkinson Lake

insearchoffish
02-21-2013, 08:37 PM
Figure I say theres big fish there, a picture is worth a thousand words, heres from last weekend.

http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj494/redwoodcoastceramics/Sunset-1_zps0ee11d95.jpg
http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj494/redwoodcoastceramics/OAMC3_zps1d4783e3.jpg
http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj494/redwoodcoastceramics/OABrown_zps49f9563c.jpghttp://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj494/redwoodcoastceramics/SlyPark_zpsadec20c6.jpghttp://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj494/redwoodcoastceramics/LDinner_zpsa72408a4.jpg

http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj494/redwoodcoastceramics/Oamac_zpsbf8a10a7.jpg

Oh and this hog :)
http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj494/redwoodcoastceramics/meandfish_zps67914e23.jpg

Sutter Creek
02-21-2013, 09:13 PM
Beautiful fish.

Marv
02-21-2013, 09:17 PM
Nice fish Kev, mak attack :) oh and this hog :banana:

Jfitalia
02-21-2013, 09:25 PM
man I know nothing about Macks but this makes me wanna go there on Tuesday

RideNfish
02-21-2013, 09:30 PM
Yeah, yeah... nice fish and all. You NEVER have cooked me a burger like that when I was with you! WTH?
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTs0sKpoyvYcp9f6JgXG6rHSPpfl8ea5 21Kolpk-u0KOLEI7HA8LA
haha

crazyfisher
02-21-2013, 09:33 PM
nice fish...i wish i was closer to all those lakes :(

allfishing
02-21-2013, 10:17 PM
Good looking fish how were they caught? What lures if you dont mind sharing?

CAL.NDN
02-22-2013, 04:14 AM
Great job kevin.

feelinfishy
02-22-2013, 05:46 AM
:banana: Holy Trout Batman !! Nice Fish .. I am going A.S.A.P. ... Nice pictures .I was wondering if the fishing there is any good now.Thanks for the post . fish On . . .

Bainter1212
02-22-2013, 06:12 AM
Hey RideNfish - that burger didn't sit so well with me that night LOL. A little rumblin in my tummy for sure. It was delicious tho......

Kev - my grandpa was excited to get the Mack.....thanks a bunch.

insearchoffish
02-22-2013, 08:14 AM
Good looking fish how were they caught? What lures if you dont mind sharing?

It never hurts to ask! And MOST here are willing to share!

I caught them trolling F-11 vampire rapalla covered in procure, both trophy trout and krill. I was using leadcore setup and was working water from 30-50 feet. There was one boat out there working downriggers who caught multiple double digit fish! I asked him what he was using, and he says its a secret! I hope he gets skunked his next ten trips! He was the only other boat on the water, at least he could have made something up, so he didnt look like a donkey! Good luck to all that go, anymore questions just ask :)

allfishing
02-22-2013, 08:17 AM
Thanks for sharing any particular spot that was producing best?

Jfitalia
02-22-2013, 09:11 AM
It never hurts to ask! And MOST here are willing to share!

I caught them trolling F-11 vampire rapalla covered in procure, both trophy trout and krill. I was using leadcore setup and was working water from 30-50 feet. There was one boat out there working downriggers who caught multiple double digit fish! I asked him what he was using, and he says its a secret! I hope he gets skunked his next ten trips! He was the only other boat on the water, at least he could have made something up, so he didnt look like a donkey! Good luck to all that go, anymore questions just ask :)

That's an A-hole move on that guys part. Man this lake really has me thinking now. I may to invest in some big raps

mryosemite
02-22-2013, 10:51 AM
Man 'o man those are some thumper fish! I didn't have time to read your story but I can tell from your pictures they were hitting on double cheese burgers. With bait that big, you must troll with grappling hooks? You da man!

insearchoffish
02-22-2013, 11:21 AM
Thanks for sharing any particular spot that was producing best?

Though I only caught 1 there and did not mark any fish there, the area just left (east) of the main boat launch to the buoys by campground is one good bet. The spot where I got all the rest was by the narrows, two fish on the west side, 1 fish on the east side. Picked up the brown working the shadowline of the south shore. Seen a lot of big arches in the back part of the lake early morning but I was trying for bows, and never made it back to them. Oh and the trolling bite for rainbows was non existent. Heard of 2 or 3 being caught soaking PB but thats it. I trolled dodger worm and j-5 rapalla for 2/3 the day on friday for not even a bite!

Marinpaul
02-22-2013, 05:23 PM
Woohoo!!!!!!! Nice job, man. Just awesome.

CAL.NDN
02-22-2013, 07:48 PM
Yea you wont get much help from people's up here them beasts are hard to come by . But kevin got one :) please all i ask if the lake gets bombed now pick up after your self thiis is a beautiful lake and i enjoy the beauty there more than the fishing half the time. This place is clean keep it that way........... good luck.

Treebeard
02-24-2013, 08:47 AM
ya know, I've passed Jenkinson so often on my way to the Carson Pass area that barreling right on through (at 15mph in the appropriate places) has become a tradition... I must get tunnel vision when I get close to that long, straight (except for where it isn't ) ramp called the Mormon Immigrant Trail that escalates all the way up to Hwy 88. (i wonder what it would be like to ski down it?)
:cold1:
This thread has me thinking it might be a good idea to stop a bit short of that lofty goal...
Plus there's the simple fact that the road ends pretty close to Jenkinson this time of year.

One question though, for anybody who's bank-fished there: are there ticks in the area? Other places I've gone at that altitude have been pretty bad with ticks, depending on season but sometimes just at the snow line. I'm more than a little bit tick-phobic, having had neurological Lyme Disease for 10 years a while back.
Hey waitaminnit, just remembered: it was soon after I chased that bug out of my bean that I took up lake-bank fishing - before that I was almost purely a stream-hiker. I guess you never know what a load of dead bacteria on the brain will do to ya!

TB

dabalone
02-24-2013, 09:08 AM
ya know, I've passed Jenkinson so often on my way to the Carson Pass area that barreling right on through (at 15mph in the appropriate places) has become a tradition... I must get tunnel vision when I get close to that long, straight (except for where it isn't ) ramp called the Mormon Immigrant Trail that escalates all the way up to Hwy 88. (i wonder what it would be like to ski down it?)
:cold1:
This thread has me thinking it might be a good idea to stop a bit short of that lofty goal...
Plus there's the simple fact that the road ends pretty close to Jenkinson this time of year.

One question though, for anybody who's bank-fished there: are there ticks in the area? Other places I've gone at that altitude have been pretty bad with ticks, depending on season but sometimes just at the snow line. I'm more than a little bit tick-phobic, having had neurological Lyme Disease for 10 years a while back.
Hey waitaminnit, just remembered: it was soon after I chased that bug out of my bean that I took up lake-bank fishing - before that I was almost purely a stream-hiker. I guess you never know what a load of dead bacteria on the brain will do to ya!

TB

Treebeard, sorry to hear you have been dealing with lyme. Its a subject important for all of us fishermen, hunters and outdoors people to be educated on and will start a thread in the Campfire section about in order to keep this thread on its subject.

Treebeard
02-26-2013, 01:47 AM
oops! my bad... that last post of mine was kinda short on trout talk!

TB

Renron
02-26-2013, 06:29 PM
Thank you for sharing the pictures of your wonderful fish. It is what makes this board a success. I hope you do as well at the rest of the lakes you fish this spring.
Ron

insearchoffish
02-28-2013, 08:30 PM
Thanks All!! So has anyone gone and tried their luck?

Renron
03-01-2013, 08:23 PM
Just got back from fishing there today. What a beautiful day, mid 60s very slight wind. My wife's birthday, fishing from our new (to us) boat. Saw maybe 5 other boats there all day. We got there late, maybe 11 fished until 6 and no fish. But had an excellent day. There was a nice North River with an offshore bracket and Yamaha's fishing near us, but never saw them hook up either. Maybe they did. Dunno. Saw a couple of boats fishing the points for Bass. No luck for them either. Still a great day. Anybody else fish Sly Park lately?
Ron
We were the ones in the Duckworth jet.

toomanyhobbies
03-02-2013, 08:00 AM
I'm in Placerville so i head up on Sunday afternoons when the weather and the wife permit. Was up last weekend for 3 hour in the afternoon, lost 2 and that was it. I know this sounds like the token fish story but i did loose probably the biggest fish i would have ever caught there 2 feet from shore. Very nice sized brown that took some PB while i was reeling in to go home. If i had to guess well over 5lbs brown, nowhere near as nice as that Mac but great for sly park. Still kicking myself for not taking more time bringing it in. Oh well there's always next week.

insearchoffish
03-05-2013, 05:08 PM
Oh well there's always next week.

Keep us posted on how you do! Especially want to see pics when you do land one of those nice browns! I would have traded a 5lb brown for the mac any day!

Payten'sPapa
03-06-2013, 09:42 PM
Really sorry to hear a fellow fisherman especially one who is on the fish not to share. I live a few miles from the lake and fish mainly for Mac's 1-2 times a week if you see me out there I'll be glade to share whats working and whos catching what.

Mark
19.5' White Norht River
Honda 90