PDA

View Full Version : Turlock Lake Info

Drinks like a fish
02-22-2013, 08:04 AM
I was thinking about going to Turlock tomorrow and read some of the posts on it from the past. Not sure if I will bring my boat as I'm in the middle of upgrading it at the moment and wanted to know if you can access the inlet by foot. I Google mapped it and it looks like I can but I'm not sure if there are any "no trespassing" signs or anything else to keep you out of that area.
I have been to the day use area before but was wondering if the inlet would be better or near the damn since its cold now and are they still stocking the lake?
Any recommendations are welcomed.
Thanks

RideNfish
02-22-2013, 08:30 AM
You can access the inlet by foot. They have parking and all. But really depends on the flows coming in if it's any good. I have had great fishing and dead fishing with the flows going. But this is the time of year that it is generally turned off since it's an irrigation lake for farming. It also gets turned on and off about this time of year and sometimes you can catch it. If not real far it's worth the trip.

Duckmanhoov
02-22-2013, 01:30 PM
I second that What RideNfish said. My kid fished the inlet Wednesday for only one trout. Water isn't flowing too much at the time and the fishing isn't that good at this time. Still a place to wet a line and no fee to fish the inlet. :cool::cool::cool: