PDA

View Full Version : Access to Cherry Lake this weekend?

mryosemite
02-22-2013, 04:14 PM
Anyone care to speculate whether I can reach Cherry this coming Sunday?

RideNFish says the area was hit hard by snow Wed but they seem to plow access from 120.

Thoughts? Anyone going Saturday and maybe you can update me?

Thanks in advance!

CRABBY
02-22-2013, 04:40 PM
Being a die hard I bet you make it!!!!Good luck an take your chains etc....Don

Steve079
02-22-2013, 07:09 PM
Which way are you thinking of going in? thru tuolumne, or up 120?
I have a buddy that works at Hetch Hetchy in Moccasin, I'll see if I can reach him.

mryosemite
02-22-2013, 09:12 PM
Thanks...going 120...other route wont be cleared for a couple months.

Steve079
02-22-2013, 10:56 PM
Thanks...going 120...other route wont be cleared for a couple months.

Good. You have the route down. Nothing back about access yet, he's not always real timely in his replies.

BigUnInDaBoat
02-23-2013, 12:39 AM
I pm'ed you awhile back but you never got back to me.

I live in Twain harte, at 4000' and it was warm today, A lot of snow melted these last two days. Good luck if you try.

Marv
02-23-2013, 07:38 AM
Good luck, looking forward to some juicy slr pics.

clb101
02-23-2013, 08:37 AM
you wont have a problem with snow, just ice in the shady areas. those san fran water guys are anal about that road. i have seen them removing down limbs on sun. they have to have access

mryosemite
02-23-2013, 09:53 AM
you wont have a problem with snow, just ice in the shady areas. those san fran water guys are anal about that road. i have seen them removing down limbs on sun. they have to have access

Hey CLB...thanks for the great info, that's just what I expected. You've gone above and beyond the call of duty. Tracking down info like this for someone you've never met....it almost makes me want to cry..............tear.

Seriously, I can't say thanks enough. My buddy and I are 50/50 on whether we can make it out of town tomorrow and it would have sucked to drive 3 hrs to Cherry and then have to turn around and come home - but our backup plan would have been to fish Don Pedro and our focus might have changed from fish to whiskey...and I don't even drink much! (I guess that's what all alcoholics say?)

If I get up there, I'll surely post some pictures. I think if we fish the dam, there's a good chance at least one of us will fall in. That's a steep wall...that's why I've avoided it in the past.

mryosemite
02-23-2013, 09:59 AM
I pm'ed you awhile back but you never got back to me.

I live in Twain harte, at 4000' and it was warm today, A lot of snow melted these last two days. Good luck if you try.

Hey Big - I'm sorry I never got back to you. Somehow I failed to see your PM. Not sure if it was supposed to come to me via email, or, just a message/notification here on Fish Sniffer. It's possibly it got buried with a bunch of other notifications and I missed it.

My mom lives in Twain Harte too, I often use it as a base camp for hitting rivers/lakes in the area. Sometimes I take my 3yr old daughter up there to visit her gma for the day, I drop her off and then fish my ass off until dark. Then drive home. Makes for a long day but I get to fish, my wife gets a break, and my daughter has a blast. But I digress...

clb101
02-23-2013, 11:00 AM
just another thought, its been cold up there and that dam is on the shady side, therefore probably still covered in snow... the falling in part is a strong possiblity...ha but i dont want to discourage anyone from going fishing. the forcast for next week is more sun, that will make the footing around the lake alot easier, especialy for old farts like me. ha i will be there next weekend....