PDA

View Full Version : Lake Berryessa advise.

AlbeeFishing
02-22-2013, 07:43 PM
I am going down to fish with my brother. He has fished berryessa with no luck. He doesnt know much about fishing so Im going down to show him what I know. Iv never been to berryessa. I have fished lakes like collins, rollins, frenchmeadows, hell hole scotts flat and others. I am looking for some advise for berryessa. I want to get him on some fish to help him get some confidence.

Eric123
02-22-2013, 08:03 PM
Berryessa is an incredible lake. The problem you will face is that it is still a little too early for a good trout or kokanee bite there. Your best bet would be to use live minnows near a bridge. Other than that, you can try trolling for trout and kokanee using kastmasters, rapals and small spinners. I would troll the surface to 15ft deep around 1.5 mph. Fish near the big island and south east of the big island to skiers cove. I'm headed out bass fishing Sunday and might do a little bit of trolling afterwards. I hope this helped. Let me know if you have any additional questions. Good Luck!!

AlbeeFishing
02-22-2013, 08:19 PM
Berryessa is an incredible lake. The problem you will face is that it is still a little too early for a good trout or kokanee bite there. Your best bet would be to use live minnows near a bridge. Other than that, you can try trolling for trout and kokanee using kastmasters, rapals and small spinners. I would troll the surface to 15ft deep around 1.5 mph. Fish near the big island and south east of the big island to skiers cove. I'm headed out bass fishing Sunday and might do a little bit of trolling afterwards. I hope this helped. Let me know if you have any additional questions. Good Luck!!

Thanks for the advise. I will be out there sunday as well. Is there a bait shop near the lake thats open early.