PDA

View Full Version : amador late post 2/18

IRISHANGLER01
02-25-2013, 03:13 PM
fished by the dam from sun up to 1 p.m. Only caught 2 fish , one came on a olive woolybugger behind a 5' leader and a water bobber and one trout came on green power eggs on a sliding sinker rig with a 5' leader casted out about 15 from the bank'. It was President's day and the lake was the most busy I have ever seen it. Lots of people fishing and hardly anyone catching. Still seeing schools of baitfish swimming the banks. Its been real slow the last few times out but at least no skunk.

CAL.NDN
02-25-2013, 03:37 PM
Dang that is very slow for you. Yep at least you didn't get a skunk. I still haven't made it in but been wanting to.

miko733
02-28-2013, 09:24 PM
Went out today. Had a great day. Caught 16 for 5 people, trout 17" to 20". The trout were hot... Fished a point on the shore only accessible w a boat. Fish the same place last week and only caught 6 (smaller).
Discovered a secret to catch trout! Distance of cast and location!

roboy250
02-28-2013, 09:36 PM
same here, had a great action today.Got 9 trouts for us (2) lost 5.. trolling, white grub.. we re done at 11 am. Ill be back to next week

BIG FIN
03-02-2013, 08:19 PM
Went out today. Had a great day. Caught 16 for 5 people, trout 17" to 20". The trout were hot... Fished a point on the shore only accessible w a boat. Fish the same place last week and only caught 6 (smaller).
Discovered a secret to catch trout! Distance of cast and location!

Miko would that be the point everyone goes too one the far side(left side) of lake its just past mountain springs arm it seems to be popular cause I see boats racing full of people to it early in the morn . If so how is it my buddy is going bass fishing and wants me to go but I'd rather fish that point any hints ? Tight lines BF

miko733
03-03-2013, 05:08 PM
Yes it is. Advise ligh sinkers, power eggs, and fish very close. Plan to go tomorrow..

BIG FIN
03-03-2013, 05:19 PM
Yes it is. Advise ligh sinkers, power eggs, and fish very close. Plan to go tomorrow..

Thanks Miko I'll have to try it I usually go to the first point past the spillway and I will also be there tomorrow. I found a sweet little spot last time and saw lots of 4-6 pound fish swimming into it every half hour or so . It was getting kinda late but I got a double hook up and one was a 4 pd female spittin eggs everywhere . Tightlines BF

miko733
03-05-2013, 08:39 AM
Fished from bank yesterday. Only got 7 for 4 guys. Bank fish was very slow. Most left early. Trollers did very well. At the cleaning station saw many 20" trout. The one float tuber had NICE fish..

PapaGreg
03-05-2013, 04:43 PM
Pretty slow today too, from what I saw. Fished the first point past the dam for one, only bite I had all day. Tried lures, pe's, pb and mice tails. Orange pe's caught my only fish. Probably 20-25 bankers from the blue docks across the dam and the first point. Most fish caught that I saw was 3 by 2 different parties. Could be more elsewhere or in the boats. Just thought I'd get the day in before the storm hits. Pretty nice day mostly, but the wind did come up in the afternoon.