PDA

View Full Version : Relief Reservoir Information

hanahou7
02-28-2013, 04:24 PM
Hi Everyone,

I was trying to plan a backpacking trip with some friends, and when I plan outdoor outings, I NEED to have a place to get the lines wet. Saw this place called Relief Reservoir on Google Maps, and I guess it's a cool place to hike to/ backpack at.

My question is: are there any fish in there? I tried searching for information but haven't really yielded any results. Looked at a list of fishable lakes from this book I bought a few years back, and it's not listed in there. Didn't even see it on the DFW planting schedule.

Has anyone fished here? Are people even allowed to fish it? If so, what species are here? Any first hand accounts from you gentlemen would be greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks for the help!

Marv
02-28-2013, 05:09 PM
Hi Everyone,

I was trying to plan a backpacking trip with some friends, and when I plan outdoor outings, I NEED to have a place to get the lines wet. Saw this place called Relief Reservoir on Google Maps, and I guess it's a cool place to hike to/ backpack at.

My question is: are there any fish in there? I tried searching for information but haven't really yielded any results. Looked at a list of fishable lakes from this book I bought a few years back, and it's not listed in there. Didn't even see it on the DFW planting schedule.

Has anyone fished here? Are people even allowed to fish it? If so, what species are here? Any first hand accounts from you gentlemen would be greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks for the help!

Yes there's fish in there, brooks and bows for sure. I want to go there too and I have done quite a bunch of research. Check out this site, lots of good stuff on the Sierra.

Relief Reservoir and Relief Creek Fishing | Dave's Sierra Fishing (http://www.davessierrafishing.com/destinations/relief.html)

Dan Clark
02-28-2013, 06:07 PM
Yep, used to fish there a lot in my younger days. Lots of bows and brookies at inlet of summit creek. Hike is a pisser from kennedy meadows, 1000' + elevation gain.

Dan

hanahou7
03-01-2013, 07:55 AM
Thanks for the assurances guys!