PDA

View Full Version : Logo

dirty530
03-02-2013, 08:48 AM
Just saw the new fishsniffer logo... weak! I like the old one better! I do graphic design and I could've easily come up with a better logo than this new one, just sayin'

AnglingWes
03-02-2013, 08:54 AM
I like how you assume this logo wasn't done by a graphic designer. Thanks for the feedback.

JB14
03-02-2013, 09:43 AM
Just saw the new fishsniffer logo... weak! I like the old one better! I do graphic design and I could've easily come up with a better logo than this new one, just sayin'

Give it a shot and let's see what you come up with.

I think the new logo is clean and updated.

spooled
03-02-2013, 05:00 PM
The new logo was copied from a local club. The sniffer needs to do the right thing and create their own logo.

Line Stretcher
03-02-2013, 05:19 PM
The new logo was copied from a local club. The sniffer needs to do the right thing and create their own logo.

So you've made you point. Do you own the trademark on the logo? If not then mind your own business.

CRABBY
03-02-2013, 05:32 PM
Just saw the new fishsniffer logo... weak! I like the old one better! I do graphic design and I could've easily come up with a better logo than this new one, just sayin'Dirty,do some design's an post em up!!!I would like to see some alternatives by a outside source!!!!Do your best an be original..Thanks for helping out!!!I appreciate it....Don

Marv
03-02-2013, 06:25 PM

Haha, give it a rest dude. Not sure why you have a chip on your shoulder. I would never disrespect on your forum, so why do you act like that here? On your site your a cool dude and here not so much. Maybe it's me and I read things wrong. It looks nothing like the OA logo other than they have a fish, go figure a fish on a fishing website, crazy next thing you know they'll have phone with cameras, lol. Maybe the Raiders should sue the Buccaneers cause they have a Pirate logo to, haha. Perhaps Honda could sue Hyundai for having a similar H in their logo. Just because someone sees something and improves upon it doesn't make it ah copy.

Dirty that's not cool saying it's weak. Someone obviously (Wes) put time and effort into it, and I personally like it. If you can do better a pm or a post about how you would like to submit a logo design for consideration would better.

AnglingWes
03-02-2013, 06:27 PM
Thanks Marv, but I had nothing to do with the logo design. It was built by our graphics guy.

Marv
03-02-2013, 06:30 PM
So you've made you point. Do you own the trademark on the logo? If not then mind your own business.

He does :) funny thing is from most of his posts I read he's a pretty cool guy. I don't know what the hang up is. :spongebob:

CAL.NDN
03-02-2013, 06:40 PM
Like i said it rock's. Dont got be all graphic to be cool some times less is more i want one realy like the team.one.

JB14
03-02-2013, 06:42 PM
We need to see comparisons!!

Marv
03-02-2013, 06:44 PM

JB14
03-02-2013, 06:46 PM
Sega is legit. Dreamcast was dope.

dirty530
03-02-2013, 08:38 PM
+1 CharlyHuslte, dreamcast was dope

My bad for saying it was weak, i know if i did something and someone called it weak i'd be ticked and think that person was an a-hole.. i just saw it and posted, stating the older one - in my opinion - is better. I didn't imply the person wasn't a designer, I just stated I do design to show that i have some graphic design experience to speak on.

I would do a design but being as i have school, work (sitting, doing design stuff all day), the last thing i'd want to do is a design for free.

And now that you made me feel all bad, i'll explain why I thought it's not as good:
If you're going to make the fish look like a sporting logo (like the rivercats logo or something), get rid of the thin stroke and just use bolder colors to make the colors of the fish pop without having to resort to a stroke. Personally, even though i prefer salmonids I thought the previous bass logo was more "fishing" generic, where salmonids sometimes give the impression that the site is species specific, like a fly fishing website... but that might be just me. There could've also been more play with the font, you could've given the text scales or somehow made the text fishing related. The two f's in sniffer look like their trying to be blended, yet the there is a small (orange?) stroke or a gap between the two. These are just a few, sorry if i offended the designer

AnglingWes
03-02-2013, 08:46 PM
Your constructive feedback is great, and I appreciate it a ton compared to the initial post.

I think that the old logo, with a bass was species specific. To me, this logo could be a salmonoid, Striper, crazy trout, or something else. The scales on the font is a cool idea.

This is why your feedback great. I want to know what others think, especially when your opinion is different than mine.

FolsomFishing
03-02-2013, 09:19 PM
I agree with Spooled point. Why not come up with something that isn't so similar? I think that's a fair thing to ask. OA doesn't have a TM on a fish in a circle with the name in the center, but why would FS want to be so similar to another local group? FS has paid graphics people and that's the best they got? If it were my money, I'd tell them to use the imagination they get paid to have.

And all the similar examples are all companies some direct competitors. This is a sponsored business vs a free forum. Seems weak to me.

AnglingWes
03-02-2013, 10:07 PM
Here's the deal. If you want to comment about the logo itself, please do. Any more talk about another forum's logos is going to be moderated. If spooled has an issue, he's going to take it up directly with the people with whom it pertains to.

BIG_ONE
03-02-2013, 11:34 PM
In my opinion, I'm not digging it. I like something classy and original. I dislike something flashy and robot phoenix bird looking - just doesn't fit nicely with fishing.