PDA

View Full Version : NorCal Fishing News + Report 3/3/2013

Gene St. Denis
03-03-2013, 06:51 AM
Here it is the Nor Cal Fishing report..........St. Denis boys land back-to-back 20 pound Monster Macks !!

by Tim Goode
NorCal Fishing News Staff

NorCal Fishing News: St. Denis boys land back-to-back 20 pound macks (http://www.norcalfishingnews.com/stories/st._denis_boys_land_back-to-back_20_pound_macks?id=856)
Eric s 22 pound Monster Mackinaw
http://imageshack.us/a/img827/7344/053je.jpg

Gene s 26 Pound Monster Mackinaw

http://imageshack.us/a/img72/2544/064jn.jpg

It was a big week on the boat of guide Gene St. Denis. Last week, his son, Eric, caught a 22 pound mackinaw while trolling on Lake Tahoe. Five days later, Gene did a bit better landing a 26 pound mackinaw.

There has been outstanding mackinaw fishing at Tahoe over the past year and it appears that momentum is rolling into 2013. St. Denis has accounted for four 20 pound-plus macks in the last two months. His largest last year was a 28 pounder.

Eric’s fish came a few days without any significant catches. While targeting browns and rainbows in depths of 25 to 60 feet of water, the 22 pounder struck just outside the entrance of Sand Harbor.

The mack hit a 10-inch silver platter monster stick designed to look like a kokanee salmon. Gene St. Denis said macks are herding kokanee up toward shallow shelves for an ambush.

Five days later, Gene St. Denis was using the same lure right in front of Cave Rock when his lunker hit.

“I swore I had a crawdad buoy” said Gene St. Denis. “We were trolling in 25 feet of water and came over a 65 foot hole and that’s when it hit. It came up to strike the lure.”

Both battles took the better part of 45 minutes. Gene St. Denis said the best bite has been late in the morning through later in the day. Both big fish were caught in the afternoon.

Gene St. Denis. Blue Ribbon Sport Fishing (530) 544-6552

WHT.RUS
03-03-2013, 07:06 AM
Decent report. Understanding that the ads are up to cover expenses/revene but Hate the ads on the site that have nothing to do with fishing. 6/10

Jetspray
03-03-2013, 08:17 AM
Nice pic's of you and Eric with stories to boot. You gotta love that Gene:banana::banana::banana:.......Jetspray

Gene St. Denis
03-04-2013, 02:31 PM
Thanks Jetspray !!! :cheers: gst

Gene St. Denis
03-07-2013, 07:57 AM
Cave rock ramp has a late start today at 9;00am. It was closed yesterday. I will clear snow on ramp as soon as I can. :bananachaga: gst .................Inspection LocationsRamp and Inspection Station UpdatesCave Rock and Lake Forest will have a delayed opening on Thursday March 7th of 9 am, due to severe weather. Check back often as conditions may change.2013 Lake Tahoe Inspection Stickers Now available: The 2013 Lake Tahoe Inspection Stickers are now available at Cave Rock, Sand Harbor and Lake Forest. Inspections for boats without blue Lake Tahoe wire inspection seals are only available at Cave Rock and Lake Forest; Sand Harbor will only accept sealed boats. If you have any questions please call the hotline at 888-824-6267.