PDA

View Full Version : Caples Lake Ice Fishing Video Fishing Report

Calicanuck
03-03-2013, 08:50 PM
Went up to Tahoe last weekend and did some Ice fishing on Sunday. This was my first time every ice fishing in California. I picked a spot by the spillway, but wasn't marking many fish on the Marcum and no bites. A couple of guys came out and said I should try in closer like they were. I started to catch them like crazy after that. Caught three rainbows on a gold kastmaster with meal worm and 7 on the Jaw Jacker with a small jig and tiny piece of worm. They were really going after that set up. The guys who told me to try by them missed a few and caught one. Said they caught 11 the weekend before between 4 guys. Seemed like I was the only one with the hot bite on though this weekend.

So if you're heading up there try by the spillway and very close to shore, about 5-10 feet deep.

Check out the video for some ice fishing action.

Caples Lake Ice Fishing California Rainbow Trout with the Jaw Jacker and Marcum - YouTube (http://youtu.be/wub9EdD9Kgg)

http://youtu.be/wub9EdD9Kgg

Calicanuck

crazyfisher
03-03-2013, 10:27 PM
great job and love the video. keep them coming :)

RideNfish
03-04-2013, 08:51 AM
That's pretty cool. Literally!

dabalone
03-04-2013, 12:57 PM
Nice! Looks fun and great job on the video. Unfortunately I have a reaction to snow and ice, I get around the stuff my nose starts running, lose feeling in my fingers, lips turn purple and I can't talk very well.

Calicanuck
03-04-2013, 11:33 PM
Nice! Looks fun and great job on the video. Unfortunately I have a reaction to snow and ice, I get around the stuff my nose starts running, lose feeling in my fingers, lips turn purple and I can't talk very well.

Haha, it's not that bad. You just have to dress for the conditions. I go ice fishing when it is -30 degrees celcius out without freezing to death. When you're fishing crazy nothing can stop you!

Bainter1212
03-05-2013, 05:58 AM
HA! You know Dabalone, you're supposed to wear more than a tank top and speedos out on the ice.....your nether regions will shrivel up! LOL :D