PDA

View Full Version : Goodwin dam Down stream/ Stanislaus River. Regulations

stefanoflo
03-06-2013, 08:50 AM
So Im looking over the new Updated Regulations for trout and salmon, Steelhead and I see that The Stanislaus below Goodwin Dam Now has a Limit of 2 fish. The artificial part is the same. Now if I`m Not Mistaken . was`nt That part of the Stanislaus below Goodwin Dam, a ZERO Catch limit??? last year.If So what made the change and are they Planting there ?? Im wondering if the Fishing is good . anyone ever fish at section this year?? let me Know . and Are the Steelhead coming up as well??
Thanks
SF

RideNfish
03-06-2013, 09:27 AM
I just looked and yes it was a zero limit last year. Bummer on the new regs. I would rather have the stronger fishery than be able to hang a trout on a stringer.

That area can be good but you have to catch the flows right. Marv and I tried it a couple of times and only could work out a small fish. The flows are to high right now.

Also I'm sure you noticed that it is only hatchery trout/steel that can be kept so make sure the fin is clipped. Be sure to have your steelhead validation too!!!!

Cheers,

stefanoflo
03-06-2013, 10:31 AM
I just looked and yes it was a zero limit last year. Bummer on the new regs. I would rather have the stronger fishery than be able to hang a trout on a stringer.

That area can be good but you have to catch the flows right. Marv and I tried it a couple of times and only could work out a small fish. The flows are to high right now.

Also I'm sure you noticed that it is only hatchery trout/steel that can be kept so make sure the fin is clipped. Be sure to have your steelhead validation too!!!!

Cheers,

Hatchery Fish Only. WOW .Then I guess its as bad of a River as the Calaveras River. They have No Hatchery in either River and I`m sure they do`nt plant either at Goodwin. so Its as same as saying it`s a Zero Limit.Because what you do catch will be wild. and Native. I'm sure as for steelhead , They won`t make up that far the Stanislaus as well as the Calaveras River because of the barriers and the Water flow from Hogan that is almost Nill . So maybe Goodwin will keep it as Low
Same ol song and dance form Cal F&G&Wildlife.if its a tug you want fine with me. I want food.

mtn. man
03-06-2013, 05:45 PM
Too bad Goodwin Lake is all private access, I love to catch a few of those prize rainbows in there. There was just a story in one of our local papers up here about Goodwin. WOW, the rainbows in there a big and gorgeous.

Marv
03-07-2013, 11:01 AM
There are lots fish there, but the river gets pounded a lot. Add in all the low growth and inaccessible spots to fish from with some fish that have seen it all, and catching can be a task. More rewarding to me, when I can slam dunk fish in a steam it's fun, but I also like to lose. It knocks me off my high horse, and makes think study what I did wrong. Then it feels great to figure it out :)