PDA

View Full Version : Rollins Reservoir??

Rugby Lock
03-06-2013, 10:46 AM
Anyone have any recent info on it? Was thinking about trying it out this weekend so any relevant input would be much appreciated!

Snifferman
03-06-2013, 11:35 AM
A friend of mine fished it a couple weeks ago. Caught several planter trout on dodgers and worms on the surface. I live right on the lake, and it looks great! Good color and visibility. This storm is not doing much here, only sprinkling overnight. And I think they are starting to plant rainbows this month. Should be good -- give it a go and give us a report.
PK

Rugby Lock
03-06-2013, 03:18 PM
Thanks for the information! Hopefully I'll be able to go and if I do I'll let you know how it went!

Rugby Lock
03-07-2013, 12:22 PM
One more question... As this will be my first trip there does anyone have any suggestions as to where on the lake I should go fishing with my son?

Rugby Lock
03-08-2013, 03:18 PM
how do I get to freeloaders cove?

thompsonwdavid
03-08-2013, 08:49 PM
I tried with worms and panther martins near the boat dock no luck. But saw beautiful bald eagle.

Jay R
03-15-2013, 08:03 AM
Some fatty's going in this week. Most were well over 1 lb, and there were some that were every bit of 2 lbs in the group. There are also about 200 with $10.00 reward tags. This will be the first plant of the season for Rollins.

Rugby Lock
03-17-2013, 04:19 PM
Finally ended up being able to take the 6yo boy fishing a Rollins today. What a nice lake! We finally got there at about 10:45ish after several mishaps in the morning (note to self: Now self... make sure everything is packed and ready the night before!! ) and found a nice spot at a point next to two other fellows who'd been there since the morning. Got all three rods in, two for me as I just got my second rod stamp(or whatever they call it now), and one for the boy. Tried powerbait on all at first then switched one to an inflated worm. Then decided to go back to the truck and get the chairs as my keester was starting to hurt from sitting on the log. Just as we came back from the truck with the chairs the guys next to us told us we had a bite!! Ran to the rods but alas he got away... must've been a 10lb Brown!! Decided to switch to all worms and sat down and waited. Some Canadian geese were swimming around and got real close on the beach. Cool stuff... Then one of my rods got a bite and I hooked a nice 14in trout! I then promptly gave the rod to my son so he could have the fun of reeling it in! His first trout that wasn't pay by the pound! So we put in on a line (or whatever you call the thing you put the fish on...) and sat down and waited some more. A while later I heard "How you fellas doin today?" and there is the Game Warden. He checks the guys next to us and the guy with two rods didn't have the required stamp for the second rod (Thank GOD I had bought mine two days earlier...) so he made him take his second rod out and gave him a ticked. A little later just as we were packing up to head home the guy who got the ticked hooked his second fish of the day! A nice RBT. Overall a very nice day at a very pretty lake (have to go camping there with the boat!) fishing with my son. I was quite happy that he got to land the RBT so it should keep his interest up to keep going as we all know the days where they want to hang out with their old man don't last.