PDA

View Full Version : where to go sunday? suggestions?

phishndad
03-07-2013, 09:12 AM
So Sunday the kids and wife want to go fishing. Also we will be bringing along one of my son's friends and his parents. This other family has never been fishing before so I am trying to decide where to go to be sure I can put them on some fish. We will be banking it for trout since I think that will be easiest. Thinking about Amador because I have done well there in the past and I usaully get into some bigger fish but then again I have had rough outings there too. What about mcswain? I haiven't. Bbeenut there in years but I remember catching loads of planters there. Any other suggestions? I hear menlones has slowed and I kind of ruled out pardee. Because I am not sure about having enough room with our large group. Trying to stay within an hour of Modesto. Thanks for the help.

WHT.RUS
03-07-2013, 09:16 AM
What's wrong with pardee? More fish for me...

Jfitalia
03-07-2013, 09:31 AM
What's wrong with pardee? More fish for me...

too freaking crowded to bring a family

WHT.RUS
03-07-2013, 09:35 AM
too freaking crowded to bring a family
Ah, never been there on Sunday. Thought it would be less crowded than Saturday.

Cali Duck
03-07-2013, 10:02 AM
Slamador!!!! But its an 1.25 hrs from modesto...

Marv
03-07-2013, 10:51 AM
McSwain is usually good for some planters, with the nice weather sunday will be just as busy as saturday. With a crew it's hard to leave @ 5am. Good luck and I hope the kids score some trout.

WHT.RUS
03-07-2013, 10:58 AM
Yep. Hard to get good spots if you don't leave early. Like they say, early bird gets the worm. Good luck! Don't forget to post some pics!

KokeNut
03-07-2013, 01:21 PM
My son and I fished Lake Tullock two weeks ago and hammered them, but we were in a boat. Don't know if you've fished there before, but it is a sleeper lake with very little pressure. If you go, enter on the south side and fish the banks on the southern end by the dam. Just my 2 cents worth.

:trout:

phishndad
03-08-2013, 02:53 AM
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I've fished pardee and I think it will be too crowded from shore with as large of a group as we will have. I thought about tulloch but I have never fished that lake before. Looking more and more like its gonna be amador. I'll be sure to post a report no matter where we go. Please keep the ideas coming!

WHT.RUS
03-08-2013, 07:30 AM
If you're not on a budget, Amador is great! You should be able to pull em one by one!

rpwlaw11
03-08-2013, 01:34 PM
Go To Amador and I'm sending you a PM for a suggestion instead of the usual dam spot you fish.