PDA

View Full Version : Amador 3/8

fitz22
03-08-2013, 07:49 PM
Toplined f7 hotsteel and med pink pins minnow from 7:30 till noon for 5 trout all about 3lbs. 200 ft back 2.5-2.7 56 surface temp stained in main body little murky in back of streamfed coves. Lotta boats trolling just as many beached and fishing from various points. Plenty of walk in shore fisherpeople as well.

Rugby Lock
03-08-2013, 10:03 PM
thanks for the report! I plan on hitting Amado once I get y boat on the water

rpwlaw11
03-09-2013, 01:02 AM
Thanks for the report. Was going out on Sunday for some relaxing trolling. But if it's that packed on Friday. Saturday will be a total zoo and Sunday will be crowded. Back to bass fishing I guess.

fitz22
03-09-2013, 08:39 PM
Anybody go today?

tonsofun
03-10-2013, 02:16 AM
Anyone bank it yesterday or today? Goin tomarrow and wanted to know if thw babk is still producing? Never fished here b4

phishndad
03-10-2013, 06:35 PM
VERY slow out there today. Usually this time of year I am able to scrounge out a couple of trout
.only 2 bites today from about 9:30 until 3:30. One trout about 3lbs landed on rainbow power bait. Through everything at them different colors of power bait/eggs. Crawlers, salmon eggs, spinners, spoons, rapalas, baits on the bottom and under a bobbed. Most every one had one or two but nobody looked like they were doing very good. Started the day at a point just past the spillway ended up moving to the middle of the dam.
Next time were probably gonna try pardee. Only thing that keeps me coming back is the quality of fish at amador. All the fish I saw caught today were 2-4 lbers and fought harder than your typical planters. Good luck if you decide to go tomarrow.

PapaGreg
03-10-2013, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the report, going somewhere Tuesday, don't know where yet. Kind of funny, in the Fish Sniffer paper, the gal at Amador says they are planting 4-500 lbs of fish a day. Pete ottensen reports in The Stockton Record that they are putting in 1,000 lbs a day? What's that all about? Oh well, it's either going to be New Melones, Pardee, Amador or some other lake I choose.

phishndad
03-11-2013, 01:20 AM
It was the slowest day I've ever bad at that lake. Probably could've got a few more if I was by myself and concentrated more on just fishing and if I was able to move around more. With kids and other friends we were entertaining I was busy grilling links and dogs and constantly changing set ups for kids etc. So I wasn't able to really concentrate on fishing myself. Still had a great time though just a couple more fish would've made it better. Surprisingly. I only saw a handful of fish surface all day normally they are jumping everywhere even if the fishing is though. That more than anything makes me doubt they're stocking numbers.

WHT.RUS
03-11-2013, 06:59 AM
Think it had to do with the weather. There are no good reports from Friday to Sunday at Almador, Pardeee and Camanche.

Jfitalia
03-11-2013, 07:42 AM
Think it had to do with the weather. There are no good reports from Friday to Sunday at Almador, Pardeee and Camanche.

Not true on the camanche thing. Saw a report from the "other site" where they got a good amount. I am sure his report will end up here today. Pardee just isn't stocking the way they used to. Plus they dropped the water which means that rec area warms up to fast and they fish bolt out of there. From the bad reports all around from the boaters since the opener this could be a bad money year for Pardee. If the trollers don't start getting some fish then that is a lot of business they'll be missing out on. Those Kokanee aren't big enough to draw a crowd, especially with they way Berry has been kicking them out the past couple years.

Jfitalia
03-11-2013, 07:45 AM
It was the slowest day I've ever bad at that lake. Probably could've got a few more if I was by myself and concentrated more on just fishing and if I was able to move around more. With kids and other friends we were entertaining I was busy grilling links and dogs and constantly changing set ups for kids etc. So I wasn't able to really concentrate on fishing myself. Still had a great time though just a couple more fish would've made it better. Surprisingly. I only saw a handful of fish surface all day normally they are jumping everywhere even if the fishing is though. That more than anything makes me doubt they're stocking numbers.

The surfacing of fish mean nothing in regards to stocking numbers. What I have noticed this year is that on the very calm days with bright sun the fish are dropping down about 6ft there for they are surfacing. A lot of that has to do with the all the boats cruising around. I usually seem the pop up top in cloudy weather or when there is a little breeze.

WHT.RUS
03-11-2013, 07:48 AM
That may be the reason J. There aren't any deep spots for the bankers but if people on boats aren't landing any, that's not good! Might need to switch the direction of the lakes I visit and hit something in el dorado forest.

Jfitalia
03-11-2013, 07:53 AM
That may be the reason J. There aren't any deep spots for the bankers but if people on boats aren't landing any, that's not good! Might need to switch the direction of the lakes I visit and hit something in el dorado forest.

The boaters I know doing well are using loooong setbacks and working the points. If someone is up for a hike then park at the spillway and start walking towards mountain springs. Any of the points past the spillway are doing well. Especially the 3rd and fourth points.

Wabo Cabo
03-11-2013, 02:53 PM

It has to do with the lack of fish being planted. I liken it to a drug addict. They hooked a lot of us a few years ago when they heavily planted large fish. Now they plant less and a lot smaller fish. This year not much bigger than DFG planters, and yet we keep going trying to repeat those past highs that are long gone, never to return.:swimmingfish:

Jfitalia
03-11-2013, 03:58 PM
It has to do with the lack of fish being planted. I liken it to a drug addict. They hooked a lot of us a few years ago when they heavily planted large fish. Now they plant less and a lot smaller fish. This year not much bigger than DFG planters, and yet we keep going trying to repeat those past highs that are long gone, never to return.:swimmingfish:

have you fished the lake at all this year? they started the season with smaller fish however i've seen more 10lb fish this year caught than any past year i can remember.

phishndad
03-11-2013, 11:19 PM
I know lack of surface activity doesn't always mean TuneUp are not heavily stocking fish. My point was I've been fishing this lake for 15+ years and have never seen it so devoid of surface activity. As far as hiking in to the points past the spillway, that was where we started out our day. We fished both shallow and deep. Trust me we were defiantly deep enough even from shore.

PapaGreg
03-12-2013, 02:08 PM
The boaters today were doing what J-fit said, near the top and waaaaaaaay back! Seemed to be doing okay, from what I heard. I fished from several places on the bank, one rod about 4-5 foot leader and the other rod about 30 inch leader. Caught my one and only on the 5 foot leader with rainbow pb. I was going to try beyond the spillway, but there were quite a few people already there, must of read J's report! Most bankers I talked to had at least one fish, that seemed to be the norm for the day. I left early, noon, so it might have picked-up after that.

BIG FIN
03-14-2013, 02:44 PM
I know lack of surface activity doesn't always mean TuneUp are not heavily stocking fish. My point was I've been fishing this lake for 15+ years and have never seen it so devoid of surface activity. As far as hiking in to the points past the spillway, that was where we started out our day. We fished both shallow and deep. Trust me we were defiantly deep enough even from shore.

Way more big fish this year!!!! However none for me so far have seen many more caught this year than any in the past , problem for me is those points our producing way to many limits for me to justify the dam and big fish . Used to be able to hit them at the dam with meal worms and crickets not this year though . Remember guys if they are only planting 400lbs that could only be 100 fish. I went on sunday the 8th and limited . Was very surprised it was not crowded at all . phishndad were you the group next to me from Linden? Tightlines BF

BIG FIN
03-14-2013, 02:45 PM
have you fished the lake at all this year? they started the season with smaller fish however i've seen more 10lb fish this year caught than any past year i can remember.

Way more over 10 lb fish than any years past !!!! Tightlines BF

Jfitalia
03-14-2013, 03:00 PM
Way more big fish this year!!!! However none for me so far have seen many more caught this year than any in the past , problem for me is those points our producing way to many limits for me to justify the dam and big fish . Used to be able to hit them at the dam with meal worms and crickets not this year though . Remember guys if they are only planting 400lbs that could only be 100 fish. I went on sunday the 8th and limited . Was very surprised it was not crowded at all . phishndad were you the group next to me from Linden? Tightlines BF

i don't understand your post?

they stock 1000 pm Mondays and Fridays and 400 the other days.

CRABBY
03-14-2013, 03:45 PM

they stock 1000 pm Mondays and Fridays and 400 the other days.Who says??Now all the pound amount about stocking an junk made me curious!!
The fish come from somewhere else,some big pond or something,how do they weigh em.The truck sucks em up an maybe the truck has a weigh scale for the tank,what about the water that gets pulled in,how does anyone know how much actual poundage was sucked up an put in any given lake?It seems it's all guess work on a best guess est. !!Do they weigh 10#'s 3#'s or what?Who weighs em or decides what they weigh?How do you really know?You Don't!!!!!!!!!!!.Fish an be happy with what ya get an quit chasin the Planter Truck!!!!!:beer:

BIG FIN
03-14-2013, 03:54 PM

they stock 1000 pm Mondays and Fridays and 400 the other days.

Sorry for the confusion I was refering to someone elses post that said the lady in the lodge said they are stocking 400 pds a day . And crabby is right how do we know what they weigh, alls I know is I have seen lots of big fish caught this year compared to years past . I am going tomorrow and will post results . Tightlines Bf

Jfitalia
03-14-2013, 04:15 PM
they're truck is very small and only holds 500lbs at a time. The way its usually weighed is by how many net fulls. So technically there is room for error. However like I said last year, with bigger fish fish comes less fish. The problem I don't think is amador, it's all lakes and our weather. Find me a lake right now that is WFO. There isn't a lake at all that is producing.

There are a few things that are and could be happening at amador. The first is that larger fish mean smaller pounds being planted which translates to fewer fish. However I know for a fact that there are a good amount of people that are getting limits every time out. I know for a fact because they keep sending me picks every freaking day! Plus when I have gone I have seen boats and shore anglers alike just destroying the fish! What people need to remember is that not everyone that fishes is a member and even if they are they aren't going to post about it.

The other option plays into all of you conspiracy people. If the lake isn't truly planting all the fish they say they are then so be it. However since no one on here reports any fish being caught then wouldn't the lake be loaded with fish? even if they are ony throwing in 600 pounds a week (this is what Camanche does) don't you think the bite would WFO since no one at all is ever catching a limit?

So again my take is that the people that know what they are doing from a boat or on shore are doing just fine. Now dont reply stating you've been catching limits there for years so your an Amador Pro. If you were an amador pro then you would still be catching limits now. Remember just because something worked there 10yrs ago doesn't mean it's going to work now. Sometimes I see people using the same things or trolling with the same method all day. IF ITS NOT WORKING THEN STOP USING IT! If you've been trolling around all morning with rapalas at 2.5mph without a hit then why not switch it up? Why not drop your speed to 1.3 and try plastics? It's called fishing for a reason people.

ok ok rant is over. I am tired and grumpy. let me go get a redbull so I can relax a bit. LOL

CRABBY
03-14-2013, 04:41 PM
:rotfl:,Yippieeeeeee we got our resident banker all in an uproar!!!!Didn't quite answer my Q's but I don't care cuz they can't be answered,it's all guesswork,guess all the good fisherpeople are on other boards,Oh Well we will learn,LOL....:carlo5wu:

49erbassman
03-14-2013, 04:46 PM
Resident banker? I though J fished from the boat mostly?

I will say of all the Amador threads I have read J seems to know this lake, planting routines and pretty much anything you need to know more than anyone else posting on the sniffer!

Sent from my iPhone

CRABBY
03-14-2013, 04:55 PM

I will say of all the Amador threads I have read J seems to know this lake, planting routines and pretty much anything you need to know more than anyone else posting on the sniffer!

Sent from my iPhoneThats only cuz James Vang has a new baby an isn't here much!!!LOL...:beer:

Jfitalia
03-14-2013, 05:12 PM
:rotfl:,Yippieeeeeee we got our resident banker all in an uproar!!!!Didn't quite answer my Q's but I don't care cuz they can't be answered,it's all guesswork,guess all the good fisherpeople are on other boards,Oh Well we will learn,LOL....:carlo5wu:

plenty of good anglers here. most are choosing not to post. the others aren't members on any site.

Jfitalia
03-14-2013, 05:14 PM

Sent from my iPhone

ha he's referring to my job as a banker. lol

49erbassman
03-14-2013, 05:16 PM
You know I almost edited my post to mention the occupation lmao

Sent from my iPhone

bankaroos
03-14-2013, 07:02 PM
I don't post much, I've had my share of limits and skunk days. Lately, to get one of those points between the dam and the spillway you pretty much have to be there when they open. Anyways, I ask Bob how they determine how much they put in and his answer was water displacement. They would put X amount of water to a certain line then put the fish in until water overflows of the top.

Jfitalia
03-14-2013, 07:12 PM
I don't post much, I've had my share of limits and skunk days. Lately, to get one of those points between the dam and the spillway you pretty much have to be there when they open. Anyways, I ask Bob how they determine how much they put in and his answer was water displacement. They would put X amount of water to a certain line then put the fish in until water overflows of the top.

This is correct.

bsmith95610
03-15-2013, 09:04 PM
I have a f7 Floating rapala I was going to try tomorrow. Can I use that lure with lead core line 10ft down or does that defeat the purpose of using the floating lure?

Jfitalia
03-15-2013, 09:49 PM
I have a f7 Floating rapala I was going to try tomorrow. Can I use that lure with lead core line 10ft down or does that defeat the purpose of using the floating lure?

lead core will put you to deep

bsmith95610
03-15-2013, 09:58 PM
Isn't 10 feet pretty shallow? I think the floating rapala would come up a few feet too.