PDA

View Full Version : Any Pardee reports?

PapaGreg
03-10-2013, 05:22 PM
Going somewhere this week, haven't heard anything about Pardee lately, anyone been?

WHT.RUS
03-10-2013, 08:59 PM
Going somewhere this week, haven't heard anything about Pardee lately, anyone been?

This saturday. 2 banked, 0 for dad. Out of 4 guys on the other side, only 2 banked. 4 fish banked by the docks about 5 people fishing. Was a slow day! Tried worms, kastmaster, pb, pe, long leader, short leader, long cast, short cast nothing worked. Was out that joint by 11.

hanahou7
03-11-2013, 06:52 AM
Went to Pardee yesterday (Sunday 3/10) and fished from a boat 730am to 1pm. 0 strikes :(

Tried trolling and toplining the marina area, bait fishing the marina area with powerbait, power eggs, worms, and salmon eggs, drove down to the dam to bait fish and troll, up the river arm to troll. Nothing.

Water is pretty low and their last plant was March 1 FYI.

WHT.RUS
03-11-2013, 06:55 AM
I hate how they charge you to fish the damn lake and not stock it :waffen093:

That, or it was just a bad weekend...

PapaGreg
03-11-2013, 09:03 AM
Thanks for the reports. Last time I drove by there, seemed the water was REALLY low. Not sure where to go, looks like New Melones or Amador.

H-man
03-11-2013, 08:11 PM
How sad a few years ago one could not keep from reading great reports about Pardee. I am one of those who have changed his mind about the lake, had been fishing Pardee for over 30 years and two years ago had way too many bad experiences, decided I had enough and stopped.

Never missed an opening weekend and likely made over 20 trips each year before the shad bite started. Now, no interest in Pardee..

Believe or not, there are other places to fish out there that are great subsititutes and more enjoyable.

Trout Tracker
03-12-2013, 04:47 AM
I agree.
Pardee at one time was my go to lake and i
enjoyed fishing it.
Always caught fish big or small.
I have fished it a few times in the last
few years but it's not the same.
I might go once or twice a year now
and hope for the best.
TT

WHT.RUS
03-12-2013, 06:26 AM
What changed your minds about pardee? Only been there twice.

Jfitalia
03-12-2013, 08:20 AM

the fee increase and lack of plants.

PapaGreg
03-12-2013, 02:02 PM
How much is the increase and what's it cost now?

stefanoflo
03-12-2013, 02:06 PM
Sad to hear Pardee has more fee than fins planted. I talked with the DFG a few months back and they said Budget issues with trout plants limit the amount of fish if not how many time sthey plant , So I guess it might be a Entire state thing on Plants being slowed .Also with the NEW DFG& wildlife they are putting more resources toward things not associated with fishing or hunting. Like Flowers and trails and Hiking . The new attitude in a few years you might not even get fishing anymore because of fishing in the state. How things will and Might change. Maybe an Outside group needs to be developed for fish plants based on Donations.like
Kokanee power and Trouts Unlimited. since DFG &Wildlife is in a changing mode.

Jfitalia
03-12-2013, 03:36 PM
Sad to hear Pardee has more fee than fins planted. I talked with the DFG a few months back and they said Budget issues with trout plants limit the amount of fish if not how many time sthey plant , So I guess it might be a Entire state thing on Plants being slowed .Also with the NEW DFG& wildlife they are putting more resources toward things not associated with fishing or hunting. Like Flowers and trails and Hiking . The new attitude in a few years you might not even get fishing anymore because of fishing in the state. How things will and Might change. Maybe an Outside group needs to be developed for fish plants based on Donations.like
Kokanee power and Trouts Unlimited. since DFG &Wildlife is in a changing mode.

Pardee gets their fish form private hatcheries as well. I could give a crap about DFG fish! Those things struggle to be 12 inches and they dont fight worth a crap. Camanche gets weekly fish from Lassen so I dont see why Pardee can't do the same. I also know in years past that Pardee would stock a few times when they were closed. I don't believe that happened this season. :mad2:

hanahou7
03-12-2013, 03:49 PM
I agree with Jfitalia. Why are we paying such high fees if they're not going to stock the lake?! There are private companies like Mt. Lassen Hatchery that they can get their fish from...heck I'm sure if I Google "trout for sale" I could find a few hatcheries to refer them to.

I don't think I'll be going back to Pardee anytime soon. May just start hitting the Delta more since it is free, or wait until the thaw out to hit the Sierras.

CRABBY
03-12-2013, 04:04 PM
Kokanee power and Trouts Unlimited. since DFG &Wildlife is in a changing mode.The future of our fishery lies with outfits like Kokanee Power an Ciffi an others like them,so when they ask for you to join,go for it,they are there for us an not profit!!!
There are so many organizations that are trying to help preserve our fisheries that need our donations to continue we would go broke trying to help them all!Best advice is to pick 3 or four give em $25 ea.or whatever you can afford,every penny helps!!!!Also publications like the Fish Sniffer help,they are a profit company but support many of our non profits with cash donations,gifts an free write ups in their newsletter,Dan has been at the forefront with his articals an expertize forever,this is possible because of our subscriptions an fee's that we pay...LOL sorry kind of ranted here I guess....:cheesy:

49erbassman
03-12-2013, 04:21 PM
J touched on something that struck a chord with me, the quality of DFW planted fish. One of the reasons I never fished the local lakes for trout is due to being a CnR guy and I could never release a fish without it going belly up. It hasn't been until the past year or do that I have learned more and more about hatcheries and trout

It's a shame these lakes charge for fishing yet they don't stock fish and when they did they were all less than a foot long and no fight at all. I think I'll save 90% of my trout fishing for the streams, rivers and the Carson river for sure! That place hooked me on trout fishing.

Sent from my iPhone

stefanoflo
03-12-2013, 04:36 PM
J touched on something that struck a chord with me, the quality of DFW planted fish. One of the reasons I never fished the local lakes for trout is due to being a CnR guy and I could never release a fish without it going belly up. It hasn't been until the past year or do that I have learned more and more about hatcheries and trout

It's a shame these lakes charge for fishing yet they don't stock fish and when they did they were all less than a foot long and no fight at all. I think I'll save 90% of my trout fishing for the streams, rivers and the Carson river for sure! That place hooked me on trout fishing.

Sent from my iPhone

Well here something to think about , can the EBMD have anything to do with the fish plants as well
They do have the rights to the water . Can that be something as well.I read that the friends of the river Won a lawsuit for Preventing the expanding of Pardee. maybe some their resources went to that . maybe they do`nt want fish in their water which will bring more boaters and they want their water Untouch by humans . Not to say an Outboard Motor is clean or does`nt drip Oil.I know they have a silly rule at Middle bar Bridge about the water that runs under it .That water leads to Pardee.

H-man
03-12-2013, 05:36 PM

what changed, management of the lake/fishery - what is planted, when, how...etc as a result the fishing has changed.

People are different or maybe I changed. Seems like more people are crowding in cause they see a fish being caught. No sense of space. The worst was I had people come up and pick up my rods and open my tackle bag to look at what I am using, rather than ask

Overall the experiences were getting less enjoyable and I said enough.

Don't get me wrong, I think Pardee is a good looking lake with fish to be caught, it's just having an enjoyable day is becoming more important than just catching - so maybe it is me!

PapaGreg
03-12-2013, 06:11 PM
That crowding is happening everywhere, and it is worse when a fish is caught. Last week at Amador, some clown showed up and strted casting a lure over 3 different lines! He didn't seem to care and pretended not to understand the language when it was explained to him. 2 more casts and then the yelling started, he seemed to understand that.

I haven't been to Pardee this year at all, and I usually buy a season pass within the first two weeks. It used to be one of my favorite lakes, if not thee favorite. We would camp there 6-7 times a season and fish there at least once a week. Sad to see it going downhill.

WHT.RUS
03-12-2013, 06:26 PM
what changed, management of the lake/fishery - what is planted, when, how...etc as a result the fishing has changed.

People are different or maybe I changed. Seems like more people are crowding in cause they see a fish being caught. No sense of space. The worst was I had people come up and pick up my rods and open my tackle bag to look at what I am using, rather than ask

Overall the experiences were getting less enjoyable and I said enough.

Don't get me wrong, I think Pardee is a good looking lake with fish to be caught, it's just having an enjoyable day is becoming more important than just catching - so maybe it is me!

Wow! I never seen people do the bait/gear investigation without permission! Some people...! Based on the description, I don't think its you :p

Jfitalia
03-12-2013, 07:08 PM
Well here something to think about , can the EBMD have anything to do with the fish plants as well
They do have the rights to the water . Can that be something as well.I read that the friends of the river Won a lawsuit for Preventing the expanding of Pardee. maybe some their resources went to that . maybe they do`nt want fish in their water which will bring more boaters and they want their water Untouch by humans . Not to say an Outboard Motor is clean or does`nt drip Oil.I know they have a silly rule at Middle bar Bridge about the water that runs under it .That water leads to Pardee.

EBMD has control of their plants, that is the problem! They choose when to stock the lassen fish and when not to. As of right now they are choosing to stock nothing.

Jfitalia
03-12-2013, 07:12 PM
The future of our fishery lies with outfits like Kokanee Power an Ciffi an others like them,so when they ask for you to join,go for it,they are there for us an not profit!!!
There are so many organizations that are trying to help preserve our fisheries that need our donations to continue we would go broke trying to help them all!Best advice is to pick 3 or four give em $25 ea.or whatever you can afford,every penny helps!!!!Also publications like the Fish Sniffer help,they are a profit company but support many of our non profits with cash donations,gifts an free write ups in their newsletter,Dan has been at the forefront with his articals an expertize forever,this is possible because of our subscriptions an fee's that we pay...LOL sorry kind of ranted here I guess....:cheesy:

Not sure if this is something i totally agree with Don. All the lakes in SoCal are managed differently and are stocked a hell of a lot more. For evidence look up Santa Ana River Lakes, Corona Lake, Lake Irvine, Dixon lake. Hell look up the regional parks like Guasti, Yucaipa, Glen Helen, Prado. I believe if the lakes up here manage like they do down south then we would have much better fishing. Hell even their high mountain lakes are managed better. Take a look at Lake Gregory, Green Valley Lake and Big Bear lake all in the San Bernadino Mountains. I think a lot of this is due to poor lake management here in NorCal.

stefanoflo
03-12-2013, 09:06 PM
EBMD has control of their plants, that is the problem! They choose when to stock the lassen fish and when not to. As of right now they are choosing to stock nothing.

POINT WELL TAKEN . the Moke on Electra Road at one time planted there fish . Now They don`t or won`t. Im sure EBMD has something to due with that.Whats sad is The More water the cost of water goes up in price . The more there willing to sell it and Destroy our fishing . and the Plants that go with it. Like The natives fish. That spawn and breed in the river. The Rivers are either high or low tide Releasing water at such a level that destroys Insect hatches and spawn nest. Money calls all the shots ,I GUESS YOU CAN CALL THAT CAPITALISM. I`ll enjoy what fish are left and If I need to go look for another stream ,I will until i Can`t no more.

RideNfish
03-13-2013, 08:26 AM
How much is the increase and what's it cost now?

Just google it. Oh here you go. :-p Pardee Lake Recreation - Boating, Fishing, Camping, Picnicking, Swimming, Relaxing, Family Fun. (http://www.pardeelakerecreation.com/rates.html)

Marv
03-13-2013, 07:01 PM
That crowding is happening everywhere, and it is worse when a fish is caught. Last week at Amador, some clown showed up and strted casting a lure over 3 different lines! He didn't seem to care and pretended not to understand the language when it was explained to him. 2 more casts and then the yelling started, he seemed to understand that.

I haven't been to Pardee this year at all, and I usually buy a season pass within the first two weeks. It used to be one of my favorite lakes, if not thee favorite. We would camp there 6-7 times a season and fish there at least once a week. Sad to see it going downhill.

I'm not a mean or violent person, but anyone that is looking through my tackle bag without permission is going to SCREAM "GET HIM OFF ME'' WAY BEFORE THEY GET ME OFF YA :)

Larslok
03-14-2013, 09:01 AM
On Wednesday, March 13 my son and I trolled Pardee from 7:30am until 4:00pm without a strike. Didn't even see a fish on the finder. Tried both the main body of the lake and around the dam. We then went up the river arm without any luck. In talking to other trollers we were not the only ones who got skunked. Too bad - because it was a beautiful day on the water.

hanahou7
03-14-2013, 11:11 AM
Sorry to hear that Larslok....I had the same experience last weekend. I don't trust the reports that get published in the news...from listening to other Sniffers on the forum, sounds like Pardee is a place to stay away from and save your money for now.

PapaGreg
03-14-2013, 05:42 PM
RnF-thanks for the site!

hanahou-it's funny about the reports, ever call any lake and they tell you the fishing isn't any good? The reports in the papers and on some sites are directly from someone at each lake. They are mostly always promising, but I go with the reports of the people who fished the lake, I believe they are much more accurate and truthful.

stefanoflo
05-14-2013, 10:55 AM
could it be the trout are spawning on the Moke . maybe that's where there at . do they not spawn in the rivers . .

jlivengood
05-14-2013, 11:37 AM
I'm not a mean or violent person, but anyone that is looking through my tackle bag without permission is going to SCREAM "GET HIM OFF ME'' WAY BEFORE THEY GET ME OFF YA :)

I hear you there Marv, anyone caught going through my tackle box will be provided the opportunity to see what I am fishing with first hand, as I toss them into the lake. Last thing they will hear before they go under, "While you are down there, check what color Power Bait I am using!!"