PDA

View Full Version : Where to go Amador, Camanche, or Pardee

bsmith95610
03-15-2013, 09:21 AM
Heading out Saturday morning to troll from some trout. I have never been to Camanche or Pardee. I went to Amador once last year and caught a few so I'm leaning towards heading out there again. But was wondering where everyone else would go if they were heading out?
Thanks

Jfitalia
03-15-2013, 09:38 AM
Amador will be crowded, Pardee sucks something aweful. I would lean towards Camanche but honestly none of them are fishing well. Expect to have to work hard for all your fish. If you go to Camanche try the causeway, hat, dam and narrows. some fish are on top but most are chasing baitfish down around 15ft. If you find the bait you'll do fine. I'd recommend one rod on a DR and the other on top on a side planer. Dont forget to use looooong setbacks at 150ft or more.

hanahou7
03-15-2013, 09:53 AM
Anyone EXCEPT Pardee...it's fishing the worst out of the three.

Line Stretcher
03-15-2013, 09:53 AM
Amador will be crowded, Pardee sucks something aweful. I would lean towards Camanche but honestly none of them are fishing well. Expect to have to work hard for all your fish. If you go to Camanche try the causeway, hat, dam and narrows. some fish are on top but most are chasing baitfish down around 15ft. If you find the bait you'll do fine. I'd recommend one rod on a DR and the other on top on a side planer. Dont forget to use looooong setbacks at 150ft or more.

I agree, we're sort of between seasons right now so the fishing is off a bit. I tend to stay closer to home this time of year and fish the nearby lakes and ponds. The water is thoroughly mixed right now with oxygen at all depths and few bait fish. It's hard to tell where they're feeding and it's not consistent even in the same day. In a few more weeks, (if not already), the spawn will be on and that kills the fishing for natives and diploid, it only lasts a couple of weeks though. Once the temps stabilize and the thermoclines start to form things will pick up and is when I think a 3 hour one way drive might be worthwhile.

bsmith95610
03-17-2013, 09:33 AM
I ended up heading out to Amador yesterday with my friend. Trolled from 7-11 ended up with 5 in the boat, one lost right by the boat, and 3 LDRs. All trout were caught on a dodger and worm trolled on the top.