PDA

View Full Version : Water

dabalone
03-15-2013, 12:45 PM
Water never leaves this planet, its a closed system. The fish you catch today are swimming in the same water that was on this planet millions of years ago, the water you drink is the same water dinosaurs drank. Water has been re cycled thru evaporation for millions of years, weather changes can relocate where it comes down but we have no more or no less than we did that long ago.

Just food for a little thought

Line Stretcher
03-15-2013, 01:27 PM
I think that out of everything I learned in school that would have to be in the top 10 of things that amazed me the most.

AnglingWes
03-15-2013, 01:29 PM
Good thought, but not 100% accurate. There are several ways in which gasses, including oxygen and hydrogen can leech out if the atmosphere, such as Jeans escape. Sequestration also reduces the amount of water on Earth when water vapor solidifies into sediment, removing the molecules from the evaporation cycle.

Sorry, had a nerd moment.

Line Stretcher
03-15-2013, 01:41 PM
Good thought, but not 100% accurate. There are several ways in which gasses, including oxygen and hydrogen can leech out if the atmosphere, such as Jeans escape. Sequestration also reduces the amount of water on Earth when water vapor solidifies into sediment, removing the molecules from the evaporation cycle.

Sorry, had a nerd moment.

You're right it's not 100% accurate but good enough for a couple of lifecycles at least wouldn't you think?:fishhead:

AnglingWes
03-15-2013, 01:45 PM
Way more than a couple lifecycles.

dabalone
03-15-2013, 01:55 PM
Way more than a couple lifecycles.

Yeah, in the totality its miniscule. I believe some loss of hydrogen to space happens, not much, pretty much everything on this planet stays, things may change form and location but the molecules never leave. Its actually fascinating stuff.

CRABBY
03-15-2013, 03:57 PM

Sorry, had a nerd moment.What a kill joy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:str3at:

AnglingWes
03-15-2013, 04:00 PM
I know, I was pissy this afternoon. Caught a few bass, all better now.

Line Stretcher
03-15-2013, 04:09 PM
I know, I was pissy this afternoon. Caught a few bass, all better now.

Mom always said pickles were good for you... LOL.. Glad to hear you got a couple. I'm going tomorrow, silver in the morning and green in the afternoon.