PDA

View Full Version : Amabore 03/15

BIG FIN
03-16-2013, 01:14 PM
One word for today TOUGH . Arrived at 6:30 did not hit first fish until 12:30 fished on 3rd and 4th points at spillway got so bad I decided to switch to the dam at 11, went there and there was literally 50 cars between the lodge and spillway with only one stringer with one fish most of the people I taklked to said the same thing dont even waste your time so off I went back to the spillway managed 4 fish total and stayed until 3pm . Fish count : 1- 1lb 2- 2lb 1-3lb that gave the new reel a good braking in . Think the hot weather is playing havoc with the bite and saw lots of big big carp jumping in the coves got so boring I did think about it(carp) . maybe today will be better if you went please reply on how you did . I did see 2 guys in front of me pay $130 for 2 of them and they ended up on the same point as me told them next time skip the boat . Tightlines BF

:minzdrav0mo:

Hercules100
03-16-2013, 03:07 PM
I did see 2 guys in front of me pay $130 for 2 of them and they ended up on the same point as me told them next time skip the boat . Tightlines BF

I haven't been to Amadore for a few years, but $130 for two guys and a boat, is that for a weekend with campground?

Herucules
:minzdrav0mo:[/QUOTE]

49erbassman
03-16-2013, 03:25 PM
$75-100 is pretty typical for boat rental any where you go. If you get boat rental for a weekend and camping for $100 let me know where?

Sent from my iPhone

Line Stretcher
03-16-2013, 03:55 PM
The Farmers Almanac said "Sleep In" for the next couple of days.

BIG FIN
03-16-2013, 09:32 PM
The Farmers Almanac said "Sleep In" for the next couple of days.

Wow the almanac now we know your source!!!!

Line Stretcher
03-17-2013, 07:24 AM
Wow the almanac now we know your source!!!!

Yep, tools are a good thing.. The FA is better at guessing than any of the other fish calendars that I've tried. Using them doesn't mean you don't go fishing when it say's the fishing is going to be off, it just means you might need to think outside the box that day. I managed to put 6 on yesterday when the FA said it wasn't worth going but it wasn't easy.

When the calendar say's it's a zero fish day then I know I'm going to need to stay on top of the fish when I find them and keep trying different things. I also know that one fish on a setup doesn't equate to a limit on the same setup. I might keep that in the water longer but if it fails on a second pass I try something else.

Bank_Master
03-17-2013, 08:37 PM
I was out there Saturday from 7-1pm and it was bad. Not even a bite for me and I tried every color of power bait that I had which is a lot! Saw 3 fish banked and 3 boated. I heard the boatmen talking and apparently the trollers were doing better than the bankies. A few too many F bombs dropped for my taste. I'm glad that I did not bring the kids.

Adoboat
03-18-2013, 05:53 AM
What were the F bombs for?
Boat traffic? boats too close to shore?

Line Stretcher
03-18-2013, 05:59 AM
A few too many F bombs dropped for my taste. I'm glad that I did not bring the kids.

Yeah, I got no room for that in my tolerance levels either. If you want to talk like your in a dive bar then go to a dive bar. If you're out in public there's no need for it. There's thousand of other ways to say the same thing without offending others.

Bank_Master
03-18-2013, 03:17 PM
What were the F bombs for?
Boat traffic? boats too close to shore?

No, people just used them in casual conversation. No need at all.