PDA

View Full Version : Struck out at OP Sunday

MoMoney
03-18-2013, 06:55 AM
I Gave the Halibut a try for a few hours sunday on the troll with herring,tried with flasher,straight bait.I even anchored up a while and couldnt even catch a leapord and I had Midshipmen So I figured it was time:kap1yd:I did hear of 2 caught on 1 boat and saw a slug at the ramp on the way out probably 25-30lbs.Weather was beautiful till about 2 when the wind showed.If I could of gone again today I would of tried again as I know they are there just maybe not in huge numbers.With a slower tide the water would of be clear enough for good fishing.

nayr
03-18-2013, 07:32 AM
Damn, tuff break. At least you got out there to give it a shot.

FishingTone
03-18-2013, 11:41 AM
I was out there on Saturday with about 20 boats including 2 party boats with no bite. We trolled around and drifted with baits as well for a big O.

MoMoney
03-18-2013, 04:00 PM
If id got on a party boat sunday it would of been better as I wouldnt have to clean the boat when I got home and wouldnt of spent much if anymore money.Fuel for truck 50,fuel for boat 15,launch11,5 ice,27 bait,15 bridge toll.It was a nice day but after I got home and cleaned and put everything away I told my son 'I should of went on a party boat today it would of been a lot less work".I guess the skunks make the catching part that much sweeter!!