PDA

View Full Version : collins lake

Mr. Hotsauce
03-18-2013, 07:30 AM
Was out there this past saturday. Bunch of us out there but no luck. My BIL had a hook up with his crankbait fishing for bass with what looks to be a good size trout but it came off when it got close. Saw some other people catching fish but we had not luck. slow slow...and nothing on bass either...better luck next time.

Trout Tracker
03-19-2013, 06:25 PM
I was there also with my fishing partner
and we ended the day with 8 trout.
Next time you go try the east side of the lake
and troll flashers with crawlers.
Thats what worked for us.
I will admit the bite isn't thier yet.
It took us all day to get the 8.
TT

Mr. Hotsauce
03-20-2013, 06:58 AM
Good job on getting 8! I would of been happy to even just hook one fish of any kind lol...but had a great time out there. weather was great. We probably would've had better luck if we stayed on the banks as usual...not so good on the boat yet.

Whatever
03-20-2013, 10:13 AM
Was thinking of trying Collins again Thursday...do you think this rain will help or hurt the bite....

dabalone
03-20-2013, 01:32 PM
Was thinking of trying Collins again Thursday...do you think this rain will help or hurt the bite....

This rain was like a spit in the ocean, soaked up like a sponge. I say zero effect one way or the other.

kneeshefisher
03-21-2013, 05:25 PM
Wow I thought people would be actually catch their limit at collins right now... I heard nothing but slow news the past couple of weeks

ampm
03-22-2013, 07:03 AM
Wow I thought people would be actually catch their limit at collins right now... I heard nothing but slow news the past couple of weeks
yeah not sure what is going on there right now, this time last year we were slaying them, but really slow at least from the west bank. Plan to take my boat up there and go east side this weekend, dang wind can make it ruff up there too.