PDA

View Full Version : Salmon Opener 4/6

JB14
03-22-2013, 07:06 AM
Who's headed out for the opener? Where you headed? We're going to have friends from Minnesota in town that weekend so I'm thinking of trying the local bite around Dux. Not sure if there will be fish that far north this early though :pirate:

deepseatropical
03-29-2013, 10:46 PM
Who's headed out for the opener? Where you headed? We're going to have friends from Minnesota in town that weekend so I'm thinking of trying the local bite around Dux. Not sure if there will be fish that far north this early though :pirate:

Santa Cruz, moss landing, capitola will be the best bests but it's gonna be a zoo. Downriggers a must have ... Flasher with FBR's and anchovies ...

Usually head strait out of Santa Cruz, then cut left once you're at about 80-100' then follow that depth and see what you find ...

Get there EARLY if you wanna park there otherwise it's gonna be the cuts and the shuttle ...

Remember to release cohos and shakers ...

DST

salmonid
03-29-2013, 10:59 PM
I'd like to get out but going to watch the ocean forecast. Can't do big waves on my boat. Bodega bay would be my preferred port.

Good luck to the rest of you,

Seon
03-30-2013, 01:19 AM
It'll be a zoo alright but if you must go out on opening day, just follow the crowd :party-smiley-020::party-smiley-020:.

For me, I'll wait until after the weekend to head out plus the reports will dictate where to head out of.

JB14
03-30-2013, 04:07 PM
We're headed south for opening day. Santa Cruz or moss landing is the plan so far. What time do we need to get there to avoid the heavy rush? I get that there will be people there all day but how early do I need to get there??

coldtalks
03-30-2013, 11:49 PM
Fishing out of Blowdega. Have fun!

Chrisp51man
03-31-2013, 09:49 AM
Any one in the Sacramento area interested in buddy boating for salmon this season ?
I bought my boat last year and have spent countless hours in the bays but haven't ventured out in big water just yet I would love to learn. Btw I have a 20' fish rite deep hull sportsman cuddy

nayr
03-31-2013, 01:18 PM
Oooh man I'm off that weekend! Hmm maybe ill try and hop on an open load monday or sunday. Yeahh!!
Best of luck fellas