PDA

View Full Version : Bowman Lake Road ?

Gene St. Denis
03-23-2013, 05:46 AM
Any Word on Bowman Lake Road Conditions yet ? The snow is melting Fast Here at Tahoe and that means the Bowman Lake recreation area will be open Soon !! :action-smiley-035: gst

Gene St. Denis
03-26-2013, 06:40 AM
One month or so to Opening the Road to Bowman Lake for Fishing and Camping!!! .......Some Locals from Washington Town called and told me that the Snow on the Road is Melting very Fast and the dry Land is Sucking it Up Nicely. This means that mud condition's on Bowman Road from 80 and the Washington Cutoff road will be Minimal and short this spring !! The Bowman Lake Camp Ground is Still Free and One of the Best around !! Faucerie Lake is just Past there and has some nice Large Browns as well. The Bowman Lake receation Area It is one of the Nicest Recreation Areas around and a Long Ways In from civilization !!! :party-smiley-020:gst

Rugby Lock
03-26-2013, 09:05 AM
Thanks for the update Captain! From what I've read this is a nice lake to fish. Where would the best place for bank fishers to go?

danweasel
03-26-2013, 06:44 PM
Speaking of, has anyone ever caught fish in Weaver? I used to camp there a few times every summer and I don't think I ever caught... But Faucherie has always been kind to me.

Bowman bank fishing is pretty tough, its not good access at all. I guess the best would be down by the dam. I have only fished there in a boat.

-Dan

pcwa_guy
03-26-2013, 08:49 PM
Glory and guts to those who can make it in!!!! Let us all know or I will you at some point!! :-)

Rugby Lock
03-27-2013, 04:32 AM
Speaking of, has anyone ever caught fish in Weaver? I used to camp there a few times every summer and I don't think I ever caught... But Faucherie has always been kind to me.

Bowman bank fishing is pretty tough, its not good access at all. I guess the best would be down by the dam. I have only fished there in a boat.

-Dan

Thanks for the info!

Gene St. Denis
03-31-2013, 05:52 AM
It will not be long now. Shore fishing is very good at Bowman as well as Boating. I have gotten Many Fine fat Red meated Rainbows and Browns just from Shore. Kastmasters, worms, powerbait, fly/bubble . etc. Very,Very soon,within a Few weeks .... the Blue lakes Recreation area, Bowman Recreation Area, and the Rest of the High Sierra 's will be opened up and ready for Full Court Camping and Fishing !!! All Outdoorsman and Familys love the Spring time High Sierra Camping and are More than Willing to Share the Great Recreation Areas with other Sportsman !!!!:bugs-01:And that's All folks !!!! gst

WHT.RUS
03-31-2013, 06:46 AM
Wouldn't be accessible by a sedan? Dam wonder if my bro would let me borrow his MDX.

pcwa_guy
03-31-2013, 08:24 AM
This rain should help it melt!!! Hope see of ya up there!! Capt perhaps you can orginaize a fest there and play host?

Yosemite Sam
03-31-2013, 05:53 PM
This rain should help it melt!!! Hope see of ya up there!! Capt perhaps you can orginaize a fest there and play host?

I got an email with photo from my nephews showing they made it to Jackson Meadows yesterday. Not positive but they usually go in thru Bowman.

YS

Gene St. Denis
04-04-2013, 06:10 AM
Sounds good Yosemite Sam !! Hopefully, More Details forth coming !! :party-smiley-0201: gst

pcwa_guy
04-04-2013, 09:33 AM
Sounds good Yosemite Sam !! Hopefully, More Details forth coming !! :party-smiley-0201: gst

+++1!!!!:dancingorange:

Gene St. Denis
04-07-2013, 06:13 AM
Well, it is OFFICIAL .. the Bowman Lake Road is Open and muddy and Four Wheel drive is needed for access to the Areas Premier Recreation Spot for Camping and Fishing !!! :Butthead: Gotta Love it !!!! gst

pcwa_guy
04-07-2013, 05:34 PM
SWEEEEETTT!!! Thanks for the heads up!!!! Glad to see you have so much intrest in this place being that it's quite far from Tahoe and the road is really rough on big boats trailors like yours! Well we hope you see you up there CAPT!!! :-)

Gene St. Denis
04-09-2013, 12:32 PM
Been in and out in the High Country lakes .....Both Bowman and Stampede open and Fine !!!! Great Camping and Fishing ...Bowman is still tough right now for Big Browns,be patient and spend a few days Fishing ...until.... one Day will go OFF !!! We got Some Fine MONSTERS out of Stampede as well !!!!!! Here is a couple Pictures !! :shocked: gst http://imageshack.us/a/img690/945/042uhc.jpghttp://imageshack.us/a/img20/1115/058utg.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img248/6980/045au.jpg

danweasel
04-09-2013, 04:12 PM
Wowza!

I am heading to Bowman tommorow.

Will advise.

Over.

-Dan

MxFisher472
04-09-2013, 10:22 PM
No wonder people don't talk about bowman!! That is a heck of a bowman Mack!

Rugby Lock
04-10-2013, 04:34 AM
Where would you recommend a bank fisherman go?

iggybabble
04-10-2013, 08:38 AM
at the upper end of the lake, try the lake immediately below the inlet stream. i forget the name of it, but it was easily accessible right as the road leaves the vicinity of that upper end. its springtime, and rainbows should be looking to head up into the various streams. real pretty country up that way!

pcwa_guy
04-10-2013, 01:20 PM
No wonder people don't talk about bowman!! That is a heck of a bowman Mack!

There are no macks in Bowman, it's a bit deceiving posting a fish like that, because people might get confused where that fish is from. It is not Bowman!

D. Lloyd
04-10-2013, 01:52 PM
Yeah if you read his post he doesn't say it is. Pretty sure its stampede. Nice fish regardless!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

MxFisher472
04-10-2013, 03:25 PM
Whoops!!! I was assuming since it was posted on a bowman thread, it was a bowman fish. Shouldn't that fish go on the Mack board then?

danweasel
04-10-2013, 05:54 PM
Well I went to Faucherie instead. I fished the prime hours (11:30-3:30, haha) and caught just one brown. Although he was about 18" and 2lbs!

Weather was gorgeous and the road to Bowman was just fine. There was some snow in the road up above Sawmill.

-Dan

Gene St. Denis
04-10-2013, 07:06 PM
Thanks Dan !!!:areportmq5: gst

Rugby Lock
04-11-2013, 04:51 AM
at the upper end of the lake, try the lake immediately below the inlet stream. i forget the name of it, but it was easily accessible right as the road leaves the vicinity of that upper end. its springtime, and rainbows should be looking to head up into the various streams. real pretty country up that way!

Thanks for the tip!!!

pcwa_guy
04-11-2013, 09:36 AM
Well I went to Faucherie instead. I fished the prime hours (11:30-3:30, haha) and caught just one brown. Although he was about 18" and 2lbs!

Weather was gorgeous and the road to Bowman was just fine. There was some snow in the road up above Sawmill.

-Dan

How is the road? Any big drifts anyone should worry about past bowman?

Gene St. Denis
04-11-2013, 12:49 PM
We will see YOU ALL in there next week !!! :salmon: gst

danweasel
04-11-2013, 06:12 PM
The road is literally as good as it ever is. A few puddles is all. 2wd with maybe Subaru clearance and your set. After Sawmill which is just past Bowman, there are a few messy drifts on the way to Faucherie. I wouldn't recommend going up there without a pretty tough truck or a RZR or something.

I might go back to try Bowman this weekend. Bring some tent stakes and stick my shoes down... That place is kinda windy!

-Dan

WHT.RUS
04-12-2013, 12:28 PM
The road is literally as good as it ever is. A few puddles is all. 2wd with maybe Subaru clearance and your set. After Sawmill which is just past Bowman, there are a few messy drifts on the way to Faucherie. I wouldn't recommend going up there without a pretty tough truck or a RZR or something.

I might go back to try Bowman this weekend. Bring some tent stakes and stick my shoes down... That place is kinda windy!

-Dan

I'm still like :shocked:

Do you think my AWD G35 would make it?

Jfitalia
04-12-2013, 03:14 PM
anyone know about the road to lindsey Lake

CRABBY
04-12-2013, 04:19 PM
anyone know about the road to lindsey Lake

I would guess it would be open,as it's below Bowmen,although not very popular,at least with locals...:bear:

Jfitalia
04-12-2013, 05:07 PM
I would guess it would be open,as it's below Bowmen,although not very popular,at least with locals...:bear:

not sure if your familiar with the road but its all dirt and can be pretty bad. i don't fish that lake i park my car there and hike to the other lakes.

CRABBY
04-12-2013, 05:12 PM
not sure if your familiar with the road but its all dirt and can be pretty bad. i don't fish that lake i park my car there and hike to the other lakes.LOL,yeah I know the road along with the rest,most are dirt/gravel big holes,rocks etc.many arn't more than jeep trails,my poor truck has severe road rash from the brush an other stuff,LOL....:bear:

iggybabble
04-13-2013, 06:33 AM
The road into Lindsey is a lot better than it used to be! when i started going up there in the mid 80's it was horrible.........either 4 wd, or a dramatic bouncing speed run up the last hill before the lake if you had 2wd....the trade off back then however was sometimes the fishing was quite good, regular limits of rainbows, a few brookies too. ive got a buddy who still goes up to lindsey annually with his 3 brothers in the fall, its been over 10 years since ive been there.....

danweasel
04-13-2013, 09:41 AM
We used to camp at Lindsey every year when I was a kid too. Haven't been for about 15 myself. Do you know if they still catch any fish in there?

Also, I hear you can't drive into Carr/Feely anymore. So... Did that improve the fishing or just piss my dad off for no reason?

-Dan

Rugby Lock
04-13-2013, 03:13 PM
I'm still like :shocked:

Do you think my AWD G35 would make it?

Dunno what your clearance is but a Subaru Outback has 8.7 inches and I'm guessing that your G35 has less than that Youngin.

danweasel
04-13-2013, 07:55 PM
Ok, here it is:

I would drive to Bowman in a Civic. I would seriously consider driving all the way around the lake in one too. The road is GOOD.

-Dan

WHT.RUS
04-13-2013, 08:28 PM
Dang! Site says only 6" clearance and I'm guessing that's unloaded. Man I need to sell it and get a truck.

danweasel
04-13-2013, 08:31 PM
Trade straight up for a 97 F150?

-Dan

WHT.RUS
04-13-2013, 08:36 PM
Sure if you add another 14k!

RacerX
04-13-2013, 09:53 PM
your g35 will make it will just be slow going.. its risky, if your not careful you could end up with a few dents in the oil pan or worse. we had a 2003 mustang gt up there and saw several cars, I remeber seeing a camray go by. The drive with the mustang in the convoy took forever tho.

I remeber a certian captain saying, " The road to success is not easy... horses die and boats take a beating..."

Gene St. Denis
04-15-2013, 06:12 AM
Great intel Guys !!! We us 80 to Bowman Lake Road and CRAWL In !! gst

ThatOneDude
04-15-2013, 07:58 AM
I drove my '99 Grand Am to Bowman a few years ago... Slow and steady, watch your lines and you'll be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RacerX
04-16-2013, 12:30 PM
I was wondering if everyone comes in from the bottom... or if the road from 89 to Jackson meadows to bowman is any smoother. Mostly interested in the way you bring your boat captain.

FWC
04-22-2013, 09:52 AM
I was wondering if everyone comes in from the bottom... or if the road from 89 to Jackson meadows to bowman is any smoother. Mostly interested in the way you bring your boat captain.

Went to Sawmill Lake this weekend via Bowman Lake Road from HWY 20. Kayak fishing was decent near the dam and spillway. German Browns on a kastmaster. Road in was rough for a loaded camper. Tried to come out by going to 89. road was worse and finally got blocked by snow. Had to backtrack and go out to 20 again. Oh well. At least two small trailers were at Bowman but it will be a long slow trip.

Rugby Lock
04-23-2013, 03:41 AM
Great intel Guys !!! We us 80 to Bowman Lake Road and CRAWL In !! gst

How long does the trip take after you leave I-80?

ChrissyP.
04-23-2013, 05:34 PM
Depends if you get stuck behind a slow car/camper/woman driver.

Anyone gone up there lately? Specifically up Lindsey Lake turn off/dirt road? I just called up there and the lady wasn't sure about Lindsey, but you can get pretty close to Carr. I'm itching to get up to some of those lakes!

oh and it usually takes about 30ish minutes from 80.

danweasel
04-23-2013, 06:51 PM
I was right down the hill from Lindsey the other day. The road be dry but I didn't go up that last and worst hill to see how messed up it is this year.

-Dan

Fins
04-23-2013, 09:51 PM
I've taken my 85 VW Westfalia to Faucherie Lake past Bowman Lake a few times in the last couple of years fully loaded with a 17ft canoe on top with no problems starting from HWY 20 as it echos in this thread going slow is the only going if you're low.