PDA

View Full Version : Amador Questions

Whacked
03-25-2013, 09:19 AM
I've never been to Amador so looking for some input. I have Fri and Mon off so I was thinking this Fri before spending the rest of Easter weekend with family.

Bank, 'Toon, or Tube? My Tube is brand new and no mods so i'll be limited to carrying one pole.
Can the wind be rough? not interested in getting blown all over the lake even with a anchor so that may limit the 'Toon.

Alternate places to launch other than marina? Spillway? or is that pretty steep/rocky for launching. I have flats neo booties for my waders and slip/sliding down the hill on my hiney is not my idea of a good time.

And any other pointers for a Amador newb?

Sensi Hooks
03-25-2013, 02:36 PM
depends on what you are fishing for. trout and catfish can be hit from shore and Ive caught huge 1.5# BG out on a steep rocky point that i dialed in but I have a boat drop me off way away from the crowds when i go to amadizzy.

Whacked
03-25-2013, 02:50 PM
Trout.

When I catch other species its by accident. Catching a Bass on a ultralight rig will grab your attention though :)

Sensi Hooks
03-25-2013, 03:12 PM
right at the dam the north end bank holds trout and the south end by the marina holds 15pound catfish. Right when you drive up is where everyone bank fishes, if nobody is there then you got it made. Bring a tube in case you gotta crowd. I usually fish for bass with a trout rod just to make it crazy. Its gonna cost like $20 for the permit and Vehicle.