PDA

View Full Version : Lake Camanche Fishing recommendation

jlivengood
03-27-2013, 08:19 AM
Hello to all the Sniffers -

I am going to head out to Lake Camanche this weekend for some trout trolling. This will be a new lake for me.

I was hoping that some of you Sniffers with experience on this body of water can give me some tips and tricks. What lures/baits and what areas of the lakes would be most productive or provide me the highest probability for success.

Thanks in advance for all who can offer help.

:trout:

Line Stretcher
03-27-2013, 10:25 AM
Hello to all the Sniffers -

I am going to head out to Lake Camanche this weekend for some trout trolling. This will be a new lake for me.

I was hoping that some of you Sniffers with experience on this body of water can give me some tips and tricks. What lures/baits and what areas of the lakes would be most productive or provide me the highest probability for success.

Thanks in advance for all who can offer help.

:trout:

Have you looked at the Weather report.. Sure looks like rain to me. I called it a no go for this weekend. When the rain comes in and the barometer drops so does the fishin.

G-Loomy
03-27-2013, 11:13 AM
Look, Ive had both good fishing days and bad fishing days at Comanche, in rain. If you’re even close to hard core, get out there. This storm wont be that bad. If you have little experience trolling in foul weather, this is a great lake to start. There will be other people out there and help isn’t far away—if something goes crazy wrong.

Troll firetiger rapalas. Jointed or non. Go larger than you think you should. I usually fish 6 inch stickbaits like rapalas along the dam on rainy days.
Make sure you hit different depths at the same time. Have a deep diver working and have a topliner working. Use scent if you have it. Troll between 2-4mph.

Plan B: Its also a good plan.
Troll a small white grub with a splitshot about 5 ft up the leader. (This will serve as your toplining rig). Make sure you use swivels, cause itll twist up.
On your deep line, troll white grub with either lead core line OR 3-4 splitshot 5 ft up the leader. Troll between 1.2-2 mph.

I would spend most of my time going back and forth along the buoy line near the dam. However, Hat island and the Narrows are good bets also.