PDA

View Full Version : Collins lake slow

thompsonwdavid
03-28-2013, 05:52 AM
So here is the shpeel. I fished in the morning from shore for 3 hours no luck. I had 1 hit on a cast master and two on power bait. There about 20 other fishermen and one trout about 3 pounds caught on power bait. It was slow. A lot of boats out there. I'm going to try again on Friday. If anyone wants to join me that would be fun I might take the canoe out. On Monday I heard the bite was good quite a few 2-3 lbers were caught on a variety of bait. It was a beautiful day out with lovely weather. This post is for Tuesday.

HorizonWalker
03-28-2013, 06:07 AM
Hello,

I went out yesterday morning (7:30) with my brother and met my grandpa and Uncle at Collins.

My brother and I fished up until 10:30. I had two nice bites but didnt manage to hook anything. My family had no bites.

Right next to us a dad and his son managed to catch between 4-5 trout in the 3 hours we were there. A little further another party had luck earlier before they stopped seeing action.

I plan on hitting Collins again this Friday, aiming between 6-7:30 again.

WHT.RUS
03-28-2013, 06:58 AM
For Collins I recommend fishin the beach. If the water is low, fish near the spillway where water meets the dam next to those signs. Also, you can fish to the left of the spillway at a point. Seen many trout produced there... Good luck!

thompsonwdavid
03-28-2013, 12:56 PM
Thanks for the intel. I'm thinking of trying out near the dam or even on the dam. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

redneckpunk
03-28-2013, 01:08 PM
I suggest if going down to the dam that you walk to the other side and fish that corner. Never fished it myself but seen many nice fish pulled out of there when Im trolling the dam and that shore line.

~RNP

kneeshefisher
03-28-2013, 03:40 PM
I've been out there a hand full of times since the large plant and was surprise that I have not yet got my limit.... Everytime I have gone I seen over 20 bankers and boats only seen a couple of fish landed....

Not sure what so say. Almost as bad as pardee.

Jfitalia
03-28-2013, 04:31 PM
whats the water clarity?

thompsonwdavid
03-28-2013, 08:14 PM
Well I'm fishing from shore but it looks pretty clear as far as know maybe 5 feet. I did not get a good over head look.