PDA

View Full Version : Slow Day at Rollins - No... Seriously! 03/28/2013

WHT.RUS
03-28-2013, 05:59 PM
Started fishing around 5:30 pm today. As soon as I threw in my second setup, I get 3 hits on my first rod and slack. Dam! Then its slow for another half hour and I land this nice looking tagged fish. Its now 6:58pm, and not a single hit after the one I landed. Will fish another hour and head home.

CAL.NDN
03-28-2013, 06:02 PM
There gona be biting any second now dont leave before the feeding frenzy starts

WHT.RUS
03-28-2013, 06:12 PM
Thanks Chris! Still down here waiting for them frenzies!

Here is #2 at 7:05pm

CAL.NDN
03-28-2013, 06:30 PM
They will start hitting right about now watch your rods.

49erbassman
03-28-2013, 06:36 PM
There it is.....don't miss it!

Sent from my iPhone

Line Stretcher
03-28-2013, 06:38 PM
I'd be cooking up those fish about now.

So tomorrow looks really good for the afternoon bite just in case your interested. Science say's it should be good. I'm going in the morning and may hang out till the afternoon if the barometer holds up.

WHT.RUS
03-28-2013, 06:45 PM
I'd be cooking up those fish about now.

So tomorrow looks really good for the afternoon bite just in case your interested. Science say's it should be good. I'm going in the morning and may hang out till the afternoon if the barometer holds up.

Link? I want to read up on that science lol.

Getting dark here, 15 more minutes and will be packing up.

WHT.RUS
03-28-2013, 06:53 PM
No more bites! Maybe better luck next time. Cheers

CAL.NDN
03-28-2013, 06:58 PM
That sure beats the alternative. Cant complain about a couple hrs fishing and a couple fish. Good job

Line Stretcher
03-28-2013, 07:05 PM
Link? I want to read up on that science lol.

Getting dark here, 15 more minutes and will be packing up.

It's just some of the basic voodo stuff really. Barometer is sitting around 30 and the farmers almanac fishing report says it's a best day for the evening bite. Looking at the moon I'd say the fish will be feeding late and probably most of the night but who knows for sure. I just really feel like fishing tommorrow instead of writing code.

WHT.RUS
03-28-2013, 07:47 PM
Not complaining at all! Was a fun day:) Might hit it tomorrow with dad and see what all this mumbo jumbo voodoo stuff is all about!

kneeshefisher
03-28-2013, 10:08 PM
Just curious. I have not yet caught a tag fish. What do you do with the tag?

WHT.RUS
03-29-2013, 06:26 AM
I am guessing you take it to the entrance to cash out? I don't know either, just collecting them!

49erbassman
03-29-2013, 08:48 AM
I am guessing you take it to the entrance to cash out? I don't know either, just collecting them!

Go get your money!!

Fish on!

bobk
03-29-2013, 05:32 PM
Fished a little this afternoon for 1 pike about 4# for three of us.

Jay R
04-02-2013, 02:53 PM

See the form at the link below, fill it out and turn it in for a $10.00 reward. If you would like the tag back as a trophy just note that on the form with your address and we'll send it back to you. The tags help us determine how many fish are being caught and how much use a water body is getting to help determine stocking rates. We just upped the allotment at Rollins this year by about a 1/3 and that tag catch info is very important for our fisheries management.

Fish Tags - California Department of Fish and Wildlife (http://www.dfg.ca.gov/fish/Fishing/Monitoring/FTag/)

If you have any questions you can contact me through the boards or call me directly at
916 358-2883
Thanks
Jay Rowan
Lake and Reservoir Program
North Central Region DFW

49erbassman
04-02-2013, 03:24 PM
See the form at the link below, fill it out and turn it in for a $10.00 reward. If you would like the tag back as a trophy just note that on the form with your address and we'll send it back to you. The tags help us determine how many fish are being caught and how much use a water body is getting to help determine stocking rates. We just upped the allotment at Rollins this year by about a 1/3 and that tag catch info is very important for our fisheries management.

Fish Tags - California Department of Fish and Wildlife (http://www.dfg.ca.gov/fish/Fishing/Monitoring/FTag/)

If you have any questions you can contact me through the boards or call me directly at
916 358-2883
Thanks
Jay Rowan
Lake and Reservoir Program
North Central Region DFW

Great info! We need you to post here more often. I'm sure you have tons of knowledge to offer

Fish on!

CRABBY
04-02-2013, 03:48 PM
Fished a little this afternoon for 1 pike about 4# for three of us.Bob you'll find lots of carp in our foothill lakes,welcome again...Don