PDA

View Full Version : Rollins Lake 03/29/2013

WHT.RUS
03-29-2013, 07:59 PM
Started fishing around 4 with dad. Was pretty slow the first Hour. Had one nice hook up but lost it within few seconds. 30 minutes later, another bite but nothing. Switched to a short cast, and 20 minutes later fish on. Was a nice 12-13 inch but let him go :) Moved to another side of the point, bam fish on! Got it to the bank, and it unhooked. Oh well! 10 minutes later, another fish on, lost that one too! Tossed the rods back in, fish on, reeled it in, put it on the stringer, didnt get a chance to repowerbait the rod, second rod slams, another keeper! Got chilly outside around 6:30, went to the car to get a jacket, as Im walking back, I hear jingles! Come back, my dad has reeled a fish on one of my rods, and Dan another fish on my other rod! Kept the bigger one and released the little 8 inch bow. Dad got one around 7:30 with only 1 bite the whole time. Dan walked away with 2. Was an okay day! Cheers:)

V Dog:
2 Bites
2 Lost
5 Banked
2 Released
3 Kept

Old Man:
1 Bite
1 Banked
1 Kept

Hours fished: 3.5 hours

Nice meeting you Dan!

49erbassman
03-29-2013, 08:04 PM
Good job V!!

Fish on!

CAL.NDN
03-29-2013, 08:06 PM
Good job v dog!!!!! Glad ya listend and tryed short casts. That's why i use two rods lake fishing to find distance there at but usually this time a year its close to bank. Glad ya had fun i need get some lake time in. Oh well got me steel in the brine tonight will be hitting the smoke monday morning then time to get my fish on

WHT.RUS
03-29-2013, 08:20 PM
During the day while its still sunny outside, 30 foot casts is the way to go, once it gets darker, fish move in closer to short is good:) Now... What other lake to hit...

WHT.RUS
03-29-2013, 08:39 PM
Wonder how they taste smoked. Smoking some whole chickens and a pork butt, might have to try a smoked bow..

CAL.NDN
03-29-2013, 08:50 PM
They taste awsome i smoke em all the time.

49erbassman
03-29-2013, 08:58 PM
I haven't tasted a smoked meat that wasn't good yet!

Fish on!

D. Lloyd
03-30-2013, 03:27 AM
V it was awesome meeting you today. Nice fish and thank you for walking away and letting me catch one for you haha. Let's fish again soon!

Danny

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

RideNfish
03-30-2013, 03:58 AM
Way to go V!!!! Great job out there. Oh, and don't listen to CalNdn. I think he smokes his fish "differently" than what you are talking about. LOL

Cheers,

Jetspray
03-30-2013, 04:44 AM
Wonder how they taste smoked. Smoking some whole chickens and a pork butt, might have to try a smoked bow..

Good job fishing with your dad. As far as the smoking thing it is all about the prep work and the wood used for the smoke. I like cherry or alder wood for the trout with something added to the water bowl in the smoker like citrus (lemon, orange) and a little wine in the water. Trick is not to over smoke at high heat and turn the trout into shoe leather (keep an eye on the temps).........Jetspray