PDA

View Full Version : Pardee/Amador For Trout???Been There Recently??????

fishmaster20200
04-02-2013, 09:37 PM
Please Let Me Know The Trout Condition's For Lake Pardee & Amador if you have been there recently! Thank's A Bunch

Reel_Lost
04-03-2013, 07:00 AM
Was at Pardee yesterday for nothing and didn't see any boats with fish.

Plug-n-Jug
04-03-2013, 07:07 AM
Fished Pardee last Sunday. Caught a few trolling then anchored in Woodpile cove and caught several trout. Landed them on Garlic PB and pink PW. Only a few fishing from the bank but the ones I saw all had a few fish on the stringer. Get there early. As we were launching the boat I saw a bunch of fish rise or jump in the rec. cove.

PapaGreg
04-03-2013, 07:37 AM
Took the grandson to Pardee yesterday, started late, 9am, and left at 1pm. He caught 2 fish from the rec area, we fished behind the boat house to the first floating restroom. Tried all colors of pb and pe's, kastmasters, thomas bouyants, etc. for nada. The fish he caught were on chartreuse pe's. This was our first trip to Pardee and probably our last, fish were SMALL, F&G planters. Water level is low, they are sending water to Amador and Commanche, they are anticipating the snow run-off to fill Pardee. Talked to a few guys in boats, they said it was really slow, only caught a few. One guy was bass fishing and he said he did very well. There were maybe 15-20 bankers scattered from the rec area to the dam.

PapaGreg
04-03-2013, 07:40 AM
Just to clarify, this was our first trip this year to Pardee, we normally go every year. This is the first time in probably 15 years I haven't bought a season pass. IMHO, the extra $5.00 to fish Amador is much more worth it.

fishmaster20200
04-03-2013, 10:17 AM
Took the grandson to Pardee yesterday, started late, 9am, and left at 1pm. He caught 2 fish from the rec area, we fished behind the boat house to the first floating restroom. Tried all colors of pb and pe's, kastmasters, thomas bouyants, etc. for nada. The fish he caught were on chartreuse pe's. This was our first trip to Pardee and probably our last, fish were SMALL, F&G planters. Water level is low, they are sending water to Amador and Commanche, they are anticipating the snow run-off to fill Pardee. Talked to a few guys in boats, they said it was really slow, only caught a few. One guy was bass fishing and he said he did very well. There were maybe 15-20 bankers scattered from the rec area to the dam.

Well I Was Hoping The Water Level Had Risen & The Trout & Koke's Would Start To Bite! Pardee Is One Of My Favorite Lakes

PapaGreg
04-03-2013, 11:52 AM
It has always been our favorite too. We haven't fished it this year until yesterday, due to the various reports we've read. Seems the bank fishing is geared to the plant, with the water level low and the temp starting to rise, the fish move out of the rec area quickly. It's funny, I've already spent more at Amador than I would've for a season permit at Pardee, but the quality of fish has made it worthwhile.

gone_fishing
04-05-2013, 07:20 AM
Was out at Pardee Rec area bank fishing with my 7 year old son on 3-30-13. Got there around 6:30am and my boy landed his first fish within 5 min. All the fish we caught were between 2 and 3 lbs., except one which was obviously a recent plant (he was a lilttle guy). We were there all day and we ended up catching 9 total. 6 were released and 3 we kept. Awesome day at Pardee.

RideNfish
04-05-2013, 07:32 AM
Was out at Pardee Rec area bank fishing with my 7 year old son on 3-30-13. Got there around 6:30am and my boy landed his first fish within 5 min. All the fish we caught were between 2 and 3 lbs., except one which was obviously a recent plant (he was a lilttle guy). We were there all day and we ended up catching 9 total. 6 were released and 3 we kept. Awesome day at Pardee.

If you don't mind. Could you share what you were using and having your success with?
Thanks,

gone_fishing
04-05-2013, 09:25 AM
If you don't mind. Could you share what you were using and having your success with?
Thanks,

We arrived at 6:30am and on his first cast (within 5 min. of getting there) he caught his first, it was on glitter rainbow pb. We used that for most of the morning and I think we caught 2 or 3 with that set-up. It slowed up a bit around noon and I switched my sons rod to an orange power egg with a chartreuse power worm (basically a mouse tail) while I changed to a water bobber with a bubble gum colored power worm. His pole started going off, and as I helped him land the fish I got a hit on the power worm. I fished the power worm a bit more, but my boy's rod was going off on the mouse tail, so I switched to the same set-up, and that's when we both started getting a lot of bites (this was from about 2-4 pm). Also tried a 1/8oz CHB kastmaster, but they would just follow it in, but no bites. Hope that helps.

I've attached some pictures of some of our catch.

RideNfish
04-05-2013, 11:49 AM
Thanks for the report. Love the pics. Certainly a good day. :yahoo:

gone_fishing
04-05-2013, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the report. Love the pics. Certainly a good day. :yahoo:

Yup, nothin' beats a day out with my best bud and a bunch of fish. We had a blast.:Gone_fishing:

PapaGreg
04-05-2013, 06:52 PM
gone_fishing, way to go! You did much better than we did. Went to Amador today and caught 4 NICE trout. Funny, guys next to me caught more fish, but they were all SMALL F&W planters! Mine were obviously from Amador, easy 2-3 pounders.

gone_fishing
04-06-2013, 10:57 AM
Nice PapaGreg! Sounds like you caught some beauties.

PapaGreg
04-06-2013, 05:29 PM
Thanks, gone-fishing. I wish people were more aware, the guys next to me made it a point to target the bass that are guarding their nests. They caught 4 and I explained to them that the fish were protecting their eggs, they told me they kept ALL fish they caught.

chupone82
04-08-2013, 08:11 AM
Hi all - went with some buddies to do some fishing from the shore yesterday. Got there at 6 a.m. and nobody was fishing from shore (bad omen, right?) Caught a rainbow off a small blue/silver kastmaster within the first five minutes. Then it was slooooow (not even a bite for the next few hours). Caught 3 more (all under 15 inches) off chartreuse Power Bait.

I wouldn't recommend it...

Please Let Me Know The Trout Condition's For Lake Pardee & Amador if you have been there recently! Thank's A Bunch

Jfitalia
04-08-2013, 08:50 AM
Hi all - went with some buddies to do some fishing from the shore yesterday. Got there at 6 a.m. and nobody was fishing from shore (bad omen, right?) Caught a rainbow off a small blue/silver kastmaster within the first five minutes. Then it was slooooow (not even a bite for the next few hours). Caught 3 more (all under 15 inches) off chartreuse Power Bait.

I wouldn't recommend it...

what lake were you fishing

PapaGreg
04-09-2013, 06:09 PM
j-fit, way to go! Any bank reports from Amador? I'm going to hit Amador early tommorrow, have to pick-up the grandson at school, so I'll be leaving by 12:30. Shoot, even if the fish don't bite, it's supposed to be a nice day.