PDA

View Full Version : Fishing tomorrow morning dilemma

thompsonwdavid
04-02-2013, 10:46 PM
Should I go to amador lake or collins both are about 1 1/2 hour drive for me. I live in Roseville unless any one else has a better suggestion.

rlljfc
04-03-2013, 06:39 AM
Fishes yesterday 12-4:30 for 6 fish to the boat, 5 kept to 4.6 pounds. Trolled silver Sling Blade with a #4 purple wooly bugger with scent in tow.

Fished spillway side of lake, only 8-10 boats on lake, nice day. Fished SLOW with my electric motor, hooked roughly ten fish total. Trolling slow dictated that I let the wind plot my course, do not speed up to fight it, no bites when I sped up

All fish caught at 12-15 foot depth

Jfitalia
04-03-2013, 08:27 AM
Fishes yesterday 12-4:30 for 6 fish to the boat, 5 kept to 4.6 pounds. Trolled silver Sling Blade with a #4 purple wooly bugger with scent in tow.

Fished spillway side of lake, only 8-10 boats on lake, nice day. Fished SLOW with my electric motor, hooked roughly ten fish total. Trolling slow dictated that I let the wind plot my course, do not speed up to fight it, no bites when I sped up

All fish caught at 12-15 foot depth

It may help to know what lake??

WHT.RUS
04-03-2013, 08:38 AM
It may help to know what lake??

Was it Collins or Amador?

Yes.

Cheers:D

rlljfc
04-03-2013, 10:10 AM
Im sorry it was Amador!! Hunted turkeys a few miles away and brought the boat just in case I had time

Steve

thompsonwdavid
04-03-2013, 12:09 PM
Well to bad for me. I fished collins from shore. First the beach from 7-9. One bass caught out of 8 people sixteen poles. I then tried my luck walking the dam till 11:00 I caught 2 largemouth off a kastmaster up to 2 lbs. there were maybe 8 or so boats out there I heard of only two hookups. Stopped by the beach on my way out and an older gentlemen caught a rainbow about 1 1/2 lbs from what I saw. The water visibility was 5ft. It was a beautiful day and I did not get skunked. Also this is my fishing report :). Thanks for the info about amador. Never tried it there. That will be my next stop.

jlivengood
04-03-2013, 12:14 PM
Thanks for the update, I am headed out on Friday and trying to decide between Comanche and Collins. Based on your report looks likes I might head to Comanche.

thompsonwdavid
04-03-2013, 12:27 PM
It's pretty wild for all the stocking one would think the fish would go crazy. I did hear of one guy catching his limit in an hour yesterday or the day they just planted last. But just have to find that 90% of fish in that dang 10% of water. Good luck.

CRABBY
04-03-2013, 04:52 PM
Weird thing bout collins is dfg just planted,two trophy plants an some of the pen fish were released all in a week I think,somebody has to be doing good an just ain't talkin!!!Time I headed out I guess!!!:wink:

Rugby Lock
04-03-2013, 06:00 PM
Where do you recommend bank fishing at collins?

redneckpunk
04-03-2013, 06:23 PM
Where do you recommend bank fishing at collins?

This time of year, the swim beach is usually the most productive but reports havent been all that great this spring.

WHT.RUS
04-03-2013, 06:34 PM
Once released into the lake, IMO it takes about 1-2 weeks for the fish to get aclamated to the water before they start to bite. I was out there last summer right after the plant. I saw about 10 fish 2-3 feet away from the bank. Non of they looked at my PB and spoons. Not even a sniff.

CAL.NDN
04-03-2013, 07:28 PM
Weird thing bout collins is dfg just planted,two trophy plants an some of the pen fish were released all in a week I think,somebody has to be doing good an just ain't talkin!!!Time I headed out I guess!!!:wink:

See i.knew you were wise and not old. Good choice.