PDA

View Full Version : New Melones 4-3-13

mikeandkristy
04-05-2013, 06:08 PM
Hi guys! It has been a very long time since I posted on this site. Just to refresh you I am Kristy of the Mike and Kristy team. All posts are written by me. We are a diehard fishing couple and go out every weekend if not more. I love catching all kinds of fish but if I even get one trout (my favorite) I post on the trout boards. On to the report then....
Up bright and early. 4:30am. Drove the two hours from Concord to the lake and stopped at the Glory hole sports store and stocked up on some needed tackle. They have everything! Hit the water at 8:30. Dusted off the down riggers and we were off.
Took a while to find the fish. We were down between 35-50 ft.
10:15-I caught the first fish. 13" Koke on a Macks wedding ring in pink. Kept.
12:00-Mike caught number two a 12" koke on an orange Apex. Kept also.
1:15-I caught my 15" trout. Trolling an orange serpent spoon on top. Kept.
1:45-I caught a 12" koke on the orange Apex again.
We also had at least seven SDR'S. Pretty sure it was due to the soft mouths of the kokanee.
Weather was wonderful yet a bit hot and I ended up with a nice sunburn. Totally worth it.
The first of many trips this year to melones.
Got home around 6pm.
I was a little surprised that it would only let me post five pics because if you know me I take a lot but oh well...
Happy fishing and nice to see some familiar names still here!
13584.....MikeandKristy.

redneckpunk
04-05-2013, 07:04 PM
Welcome back and thanks for the great report. Many changes and new faces here but one thing hasnt changed, we still love the pics and details.

~RNP

Steve079
04-05-2013, 07:12 PM
Sounds like a good day. I was at the ramps at Glory Hole, saw you launch, but it never dawned on me it was you and Mike. Melones is kicking out the Kokes, good you came up and got some!

mikeandkristy
04-05-2013, 07:19 PM
Thanks guys! Hey can I only post five pics or am I doing something wrong?:help::grin::grin::grin:

redneckpunk
04-05-2013, 07:27 PM
Thanks guys! Hey can I only post five pics or am I doing something wrong?:help::grin::grin::grin:

I do believe that if youre using the embedded link in the tool bar you are limited. I would suggest posting through a hosting site such as photobucket. This should allow you to post more and will post them in a larger size that readers dont have to click on to enlarge.

~RNP

mikeandkristy
04-05-2013, 07:46 PM
Okay, That is what I am used to doing already. Thanks! :)

CRABBY
04-06-2013, 05:21 AM
Hi Kristy it's me smogguy,as everyone else I missed you guys too!!Nice post an pics an lots of info.We were there on mon.by the spillway an got 4 limits,an to keep Steve happy all kokes were kept!!LOL...Don't be such a stranger,putting pics up is much better now!!:DTake Care....Don

Steve079
04-06-2013, 06:36 AM
hey crabby, thanks for helping to thin the herd, don't know if its even possible.

RideNfish
04-06-2013, 12:14 PM
Good job Kristy and Mike!
Nice report and I hope the kokes are better this year. So far looks good. That lake gave me some killer trout this winter from the shore but that must be over by now I would think.

As stated, use the photo hosting site with the [IMG] code and the pics will appear nice and large. With this method you can post 15 images in one post. But images include smiley faces. So if you put 15 of these :D we don't get to see trout! :frown: