PDA

View Full Version : Rattlers are out on the American.......

BeefCakeScout
04-06-2013, 06:50 PM
Just a heads up. Back to watching your step

SF21
04-06-2013, 07:13 PM
Just a heads up. Back to watching your step
Damn, pretty early in the season, back to worrying about the dog. Thanks for the heads up.

CrappieJed
04-06-2013, 07:21 PM
You ain't a kidding. Especially around Hennesy lake that has got to be the worst lake watch your step there for sure

CJ

Swimbaitjunkie
04-06-2013, 08:57 PM
Thanx for the heads up.....was gonna hit the AR 2day but change of plan....good looking out....mayB 2morrow I'll give it a try...

WLShafor
04-07-2013, 06:14 AM
Rattlesnake is tasty just saying! Be careful...

CrappieJed
04-07-2013, 07:06 AM
Don't eat serpents thanks anyway

CJ

BeefCakeScout
04-07-2013, 12:37 PM

I very much agree! This guy wasn't big enough to feed more than one though.

FishnBeer
04-07-2013, 04:21 PM
time to pick up more snake shot for the ruger...

http://i.imgur.com/a2YlXR0l.jpg

dabalone
04-07-2013, 05:27 PM
time to pick up more snake shot for the ruger...

http://i.imgur.com/a2YlXR0l.jpg

I wouldn't recommend packing on the American river, snakes would be the least of your worries.:laugh:

Bainter1212
04-07-2013, 05:43 PM
Carrying is ok in some circumstances. You can't be in an incorporated city limits. The gun shouldn't be loaded anywhere near water, unloaded carry is OK in most unincorporated areas.
Print out a copy of CA PC 25400 along with all the myriad exceptions. The exception applying to you would be PC section 25640. Print out this page and highlight it. Also print out a small map showing city limits and how you are not in them. Carry these papers with you. This stuff is needed to educate some LEOs if they make a fuss.

Please refer to the sticky in the "hunting and fishing" section of the Calguns forum for more detailed info on carrying while fishing. Of course, IANAL.

redneckpunk
04-07-2013, 08:03 PM

Makes even better bait in a crawdad trap. They swarm on the greasy meat. Hit one on the way up to Hell Hole one year, used it in the traps and we gorged that night on those "mud crickets"

~RNP

WLShafor
04-08-2013, 06:45 PM
Good to know for when the crayfish get active :-)

Makes even better bait in a crawdad trap. They swarm on the greasy meat. Hit one on the way up to Hell Hole one year, used it in the traps and we gorged that night on those "mud crickets"

~RNP

FishnBeer
04-09-2013, 10:02 AM
if you get stopped you could always argue the fact that it is the AMERICAN river, not the communist river!!
:krzyhunter4ez:

dabalone
04-09-2013, 11:03 AM
Carrying is ok in some circumstances. You can't be in an incorporated city limits. The gun shouldn't be loaded anywhere near water, unloaded carry is OK in most unincorporated areas.
Print out a copy of CA PC 25400 along with all the myriad exceptions. The exception applying to you would be PC section 25640. Print out this page and highlight it. Also print out a small map showing city limits and how you are not in them. Carry these papers with you. This stuff is needed to educate some LEOs if they make a fuss.

Please refer to the sticky in the "hunting and fishing" section of the Calguns forum for more detailed info on carrying while fishing. Of course, IANAL.

I should have been more clear, I meant the American River Pkwy. Carry a pistol there and you will get a free ride downtown.

rpwlaw11
04-25-2013, 03:13 PM
American River Park is NO WEAPONS allowed, loaded or unloaded. Weapons can mean pellet guns, airsoft guns, wrist rockets, etc. depending on the LEO and your attitude. Them rattlers freak me out more drifting down the river as I'm standing out in it fishing. At times you know, you might get too caught up on fishing or other eye candy stuff and baby rattler floats into you! :speechless-smiley-0

BIG_ONE
04-25-2013, 03:38 PM
You cannot discharge a firearm while being in so many distance from any city limits or any residential area nearby without an actual CCW. Defeats the purpose of having a conceal carry while hunting/fishing...at least what I can remember when I took Hunter's Ed classes so many years back. Maybe someone else who knows the exact distance that you must be in order to discharge a firearm legally without having a CCW or being in danger of your life on your property or residential home.
My best advice is if you don't know what kind of trouble you can get in, your fishing pole or a long stick is probably your best choice of tools for self defense against rattlers. I use to bring an axe for rattlers populated area...LOL.