PDA

View Full Version : baitshops?

Mr. Hotsauce
04-15-2013, 01:55 PM
I'm just curious as to where the bait shops are at around the north sacramento area and if you're from around there which ones do you go to?

Rugby Lock
04-15-2013, 01:58 PM
A friend of mine goes to Sacramento Professional Tackle on Northgate.

Cali Duck
04-15-2013, 02:09 PM
Not really north sac, but a short drive. I like Penny Rod and Bait in West Sac, open at 6am..

https://plus.google.com/100900583732043620764/about

dabalone
04-15-2013, 02:43 PM
What bait are you looking for? You will get a better answer if you narrow down what you are looking for, not all bait shops carry the same selection of live and frozen bait.

49erbassman
04-15-2013, 02:44 PM
Sac pro tackle for bait. If I'm on the other side of town I use Elkhorn bait off elkhorn in Rio Linda

Fish on!

Jfitalia
04-15-2013, 03:23 PM
What bait are you looking for? You will get a better answer if you narrow down what you are looking for, not all bait shops carry the same selection of live and frozen bait.

Doesnt really matter if your going to Sac Pro Tackle. Dennis carries it all and he has the freshest sardines, anchovies and mackerel in town. The guy drives all the way to moss landing twice a week and gets it right off the bait boats.

49erbassman
04-15-2013, 04:18 PM
Ya they always have what I need at sac pro.

Fish on!

Mr. Hotsauce
04-15-2013, 04:29 PM
Sac pro bait? Don't think I've been to that one. I was just curious because I don't see much in that area. Use to go to one by north gate near Arden/garden highway but seems like they closed down. But just usual bait as to striper and sturgeon bait to frozen bait etc...

49erbassman
04-15-2013, 04:43 PM
Sac pro bait? Don't think I've been to that one. I was just curious because I don't see much in that area. Use to go to one by north gate near Arden/garden highway but seems like they closed down. But just usual bait as to striper and sturgeon bait to frozen bait etc...

It's not closed. That's Sacramento pro tackle on Northgate bout 1/2 mile before garden/arden. Live dads, minnows ,most if not all worms fresh sardines via wait list though but they have all bait. They also repair and service rods/reels.

Fish on!

salmonid
04-15-2013, 07:00 PM
Good thread.

Not sure about Sacramento area, all I know is in Yolo county for now. Up at Knights landing the gas station on the West side of 113 has minnows while in striper season. Yay!, since that's what I've caught them on before. Last Thursday they got 80 dozen live minnows in. I went up there on Friday to get a minnow bucket so I can fish Sat., but they don't sell them. Went to stores in Woodland on Sat, but they don't have them either. So I end up going to Dixon "Gone fishin' marine" and they have the minnow buckets. Great, I can get out and fish on sunday right? Well sunday comes and I get to KL for the minnows, but... they are all sold out. Picked up some shad and fished for a bit but no luck and lots of wind. Not really a negative rant as I didn't know what to expect but driving all over to get a minnow bucket sucks. Just an idea, but has anyone thought about opening a hard core bait and tackle shop in Yolo Co.? Could be good business.

Best, and non-rant over,